Hot Deals

[Costco] HOT deal - TCL 75-in. 4K HDR Roku Smart TV 75S533CA ($999.97) ($799.97 in store)

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 19th, 2021 8:00 pm
[OP]
Sep 25, 2016
61 posts
197 upvotes

[Costco] HOT deal - TCL 75-in. 4K HDR Roku Smart TV 75S533CA ($999.97) ($799.97 in store)

I think the regular price online is around 1300$

A good entry level 75" tv.
https://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/tcl/5 ... -2020-qled
Images
  • upload.jpg
Last edited by Aminour on Jun 10th, 2021 8:20 am, edited 4 times in total.
Thread Summary
Not the specs you're looking for? Check out RFD Reviews' list of the best 4K HDR Smart TVs!
110 replies
May 13, 2007
570 posts
144 upvotes
Mississauga
online is 999.97 now.
Oct 27, 2020
24 posts
121 upvotes
this is a fantastic deal. this tv is perfect for people that enjoy watching content instead of nit picking at every pixel on the screen.
Aug 22, 2007
142 posts
178 upvotes
Toronto
Yeah I literally just bought the 65in version of this for about the same price last weekend and it's a really great TV.

I don't exactly trust TCL/ any Smart TV firmware writer very much so I am not connecting it to the internet but I really like the Roku OS as a general TV OS. It's snappy, intuitive, and everything is where you'd expect in terms of brightness / picture and sound controls. HDMI ARC worked perfectly with my soundbar to synchronize sound between them (once I enabled CEC) and the CEC works flawlessly with my Series X. It even turns on game mode when a game starts and turns it off when Netflix starts, etc.
Jun 13, 2004
316 posts
50 upvotes
Saint John
If you cant tolerate a 3" yellow strip around the sides of the screen its a great deal. Also be mindful of the blooming and poor quality control like not threading the screw holes for attaching the legs..... I went through two of these. At least Costco was very easy to deal with on returns.
Apr 29, 2014
982 posts
337 upvotes
Pickering, ON
timv wrote: If you cant tolerate a 3" yellow strip around the sides of the screen its a great deal. Also be mindful of the blooming and poor quality control like not threading the screw holes for attaching the legs..... I went through two of these. At least Costco was very easy to deal with on returns.
What yellow strip?
Penalty Box
Nov 15, 2020
1195 posts
2337 upvotes
Aminour wrote: I think the regular price online is around 1300$ (can someone check what is the price in store ?)

A good entry level 75" tv.
https://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/tcl/5 ... -2020-qled
This is a pretty good TV for the price, local dimming, qled, Dolby vision...etc. I have the 55" version and it's amazing and my cousin has the 65". People keep talking about yellow bands and what not but unless you like being nit picky 24/7 or watch all white content you really won't notice it, I mean I've had it for months now and haven't even noticed it once other then when I was doing an all white test.
Last edited by aomous on May 11th, 2021 3:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zoomer Wireless: $36 5GB Plan
Oct 17, 2017
60 posts
59 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
Beware of panel lottery of this series of tcl TVs, for this price range, stick to hisense for bigger size and consistent quality
Deal Fanatic
Nov 23, 2005
8706 posts
4949 upvotes
timv wrote: If you cant tolerate a 3" yellow strip around the sides of the screen its a great deal. Also be mindful of the blooming and poor quality control like not threading the screw holes for attaching the legs..... I went through two of these. At least Costco was very easy to deal with on returns.
I've had mine for 2m and am failing to see this 3" yellow strip. You seem very salty about tcl based on your post.
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2007
1582 posts
396 upvotes
Edmonton
Dang! I am still waiting for my $800 GC from HSBC cc churning for this TV.
I hope this price remains another couple of weeks.
Thanks for posting OP.
Jan 13, 2005
810 posts
300 upvotes
Toronto, ON
uglyguy wrote: Dang! I am still waiting for my $800 GC from HSBC cc churning for this TV.
I hope this price remains another couple of weeks.
Thanks for posting OP.
How did you get $800?
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2006
2041 posts
1920 upvotes
Calgary
boyoflondon wrote: I've had mine for 2m and am failing to see this 3" yellow strip. You seem very salty about tcl based on your post.
I got a 65” 5 series. If you put on a white background (YouTube has some) you can see some uneven lighting around the sides. Mine looks yellowish from angles.
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2013
3608 posts
5042 upvotes
BC
Pain. Bought this set for my parents last November. Paid $1489. It's a pretty nice TV, no complaints from them.
soneforlife wrote: Beware of panel lottery of this series of tcl TVs, for this price range, stick to hisense for bigger size and consistent quality
My Hisense broke after a year whereas my TCL series 6 has been going strong for 2 years. Imo the quality between the two brands is pretty similar, might even say TCL is slightly better
May 15, 2008
114 posts
55 upvotes
Mississauga
I have 65" 6 series TCL since black friday of last year, does everything I want. Hooked up to a Nvidia Shield TV, HDMI ARC works with a Samsung Soundbar. Pretty happy with the value.
I just bought a 75" 5 series on the weekend tho for $1299 on Amazon; these are good TVs
May 15, 2008
114 posts
55 upvotes
Mississauga
coolgk wrote: thinking about pulling trigger on this one - https://www.costco.ca/samsung-70-in.-sm ... 01725.html

Can anyone please provide feedback on this Samsung model.
rtings has a comparison of these models.
https://www.rtings.com/tv/tools/compare ... shold=0.10
in short the TCL 5 series seems to score better on most categories.
and I think the Roku is a better OS than the Tizen in my limited experience.
Mar 29, 2019
308 posts
338 upvotes
You’re that guy at parties... :)
Last edited by oldmanlogan on May 11th, 2021 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nov 25, 2015
170 posts
416 upvotes
Canada
What's the difference between the S533 and the S535 (the one that actually has good reviews)?
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2009
2093 posts
1486 upvotes
Hamilton
thief101 wrote: What's the difference between the S533 and the S535 (the one that actually has good reviews)?
My understanding they're the same TV rebranded for Costco.