Expired Hot Deals

[Costco] HOT! DJI Mavic Mini Bundle with Extra Battery and Charging Base // $419

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 19th, 2020 2:20 pm
[OP]
Nov 21, 2020
1 posts
28 upvotes

[Costco] HOT! DJI Mavic Mini Bundle with Extra Battery and Charging Base // $419

Pretty sweet deal at $419 and even better with online coupon Smiling Face With Open Mouth

Discount valid from 11/22 to 12/2
Images
  • dji.jpg
Last edited by Ubertrotter on Nov 23rd, 2020 7:09 am, edited 2 times in total.
94 replies
Dec 5, 2017
66 posts
190 upvotes
Not really a good deal, the newly released mini 2 is night and day better then the one. Thencharge base in this bundle is a gimmick
May 22, 2016
529 posts
606 upvotes
Freefast99 wrote: Not really a good deal, the newly released mini 2 is night and day better then the one. Thencharge base in this bundle is a gimmick
It's also more expensive. This is a good deal for this package, and for many it's the perfect starter.

Thanks op
Dec 5, 2017
66 posts
190 upvotes
With the mini 2 for $75 more you get occusync, 4k, better processing, more quickshots, 360, panorama, bracketing, and raw. You also get USB c, significantly better wind resistance and better build quality (i had the mini 1 for a year, and the mini 2 since launch, spend the $75 and order direct from dji)
Last edited by Freefast99 on Nov 22nd, 2020 10:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Nov 6, 2003
1890 posts
377 upvotes
Freefast99 wrote: For $75 more you get occusync, 4k, better processing, more quickshots, 360, panorama, bracketing, and raw. You also get USB c, significantly better wind resistance and better build quality (i had the mini 1 for a year, and the mini 2 since launch, spend the $75 and order direct from dji)
can you share a link to the mini 2 that is $75 more ?
Jun 18, 2016
462 posts
1385 upvotes
GordonGartrelle wrote: Where can you find this information?
Just like any website, you try to add 99999 and it will say “only xxx available”
Dec 5, 2017
66 posts
190 upvotes
Dji.com its $419us shipped to your door (taxes, duty, shipping included) cover to cad its $547

Costco 419*1.13=$ 473.37

547-473= $74 difference
Jun 10, 2002
131 posts
68 upvotes
Toronto
I have the mini. The occusync plus the better wind performance is worth $200 more. And that's before the 4K upgrade.
Feb 8, 2017
81 posts
24 upvotes
Freefast99 wrote: With the mini 2 for $75 more you get occusync, 4k, better processing, more quickshots, 360, panorama, bracketing, and raw. You also get USB c, significantly better wind resistance and better build quality (i had the mini 1 for a year, and the mini 2 since launch, spend the $75 and order direct from dji)
Would you recommend the mini 2 fly more combo for $559 or just the base package at $419?
Deal Addict
Nov 6, 2003
1890 posts
377 upvotes
Freefast99 wrote: Dji.com its $419us shipped to your door (taxes, duty, shipping included) cover to cad its $547

Costco 419*1.13=$ 473.37

547-473= $74 difference
yeah, but the mini 1 comes with the extra batter. Watch this video to determine which is best for you:
Apr 26, 2019
305 posts
393 upvotes
MooseV2 wrote: Just like any website, you try to add 99999 and it will say “only xxx available”
Can't believe I never thought of this, all this time I just assumed there were stock wizards patrolling RFD. Thank you! I'll show myself out.
Deal Addict
Dec 31, 2013
1871 posts
1317 upvotes
condo
Pardon my ignorance but would the fly more bundle on dji be worth it or is the general consensus that it's generally not worth it (i.e. can buy similar battery pack and other items on Amazon for cheaper similar to gopro accessories)?

Is there any student discount or smth like perkopolis, studentbean or ebates that would work or would this direct link be the best place to buy the drone? https://www.dji.com/ca/mobile/mini-2

I also quickly looked but couldn't tell if the unit requires a drone license to operate or not... is the regulation still <250g is fine to operate without a license? Thanks in advance...
Last edited by tmonies on Nov 22nd, 2020 10:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Apr 26, 2019
305 posts
393 upvotes
Could a 10 year old fly this? I'm tempted, and if my kid could get enjoyment out of this too it will push me over the edge.
Dec 5, 2017
66 posts
190 upvotes
sylvestor2002 wrote: yeah, but the mini 1 comes with the extra batter. Watch this video to determine which is best for you:
This review truly is coming from someone who hasn't flown either drone extensively. His conclusions of it being an incremental camera upgrade with the same sensor misses the mark on every other aspect of flying that dji improved with the mini 2. I have over 100 hours on the mini 1, it was a great drone a year ago, the mini 2 is a substantial upgrade
Deal Addict
Apr 6, 2007
2189 posts
533 upvotes
Montreal
GordonGartrelle wrote: Could a 10 year old fly this? I'm tempted, and if my kid could get enjoyment out of this too it will push me over the edge.
Yes he can, as long as both of you comply with the common sense rules (such as not flying near airports and not spying on neighbours)
Deal Addict
Apr 6, 2007
2189 posts
533 upvotes
Montreal
tmonies wrote: Pardon my ignorance but would the fly more bundle on dji be worth it or is the general consensus that it's generally not worth it (i.e. can buy similar battery pack and other items on Amazon for cheaper similar to gopro accessories)?

Is there any student discount or smth like perkopolis, studentbean or ebates that would work or would this direct link be the best place to buy the drone? https://www.dji.com/ca/mobile/mini-2

I also quickly looked but couldn't tell if the unit requires a drone license to operate or not... is the regulation still <250g is fine to operate without a license? Thanks in advance...
I've bought the Fly More Combo on Mavic Pro, Mavic Mini and they've always been an excellent set, especially if you are new to the drone world.

There's a student discount if you have a university e-mail that gives 10% off on Mini 1, but not Mini 2 for now. I bought my Mavic Mini 1 last year from Staples with their special coupon code for a total of 570$ if I recall correctly.

No you do not need a license to fly the Mavic mini since it is under 250g. However, you must apply common sense when flying it.

I also suggest DJI Refresh since it covers 2 repairs no questions asked as long as you send them the broken drone (no fly aways) for a small extra fee and free shipping, so if you crash it, it won't hurt as much. (I crashed my Phantom 3 years ago and it cost me 300$ at least to fix it without Refresh)
Apr 26, 2019
305 posts
393 upvotes
Does anyone know if the standard VISA/AMEX Purchase Security Insurance would cover lost drones? I can't see why it wouldn't, but I'm not sure.
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2008
2229 posts
1156 upvotes
You guys are making me kinda regret buying the Mini 1. But that was the Amazon warehouse deal which i got reduced down to $220 so I guess I can't complain Face With Stuck-out Tongue And Tightly-closed Eyes