Costco Hot dog and drink is only $1.50

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 19th, 2019 4:27 pm
Deal Fanatic
Aug 16, 2010
7368 posts
4672 upvotes
Between Countries
Yes, it's a good deal and I get this quite often when at Costco. Though too bad I just hate the way they boil the wieners. And I wish it was, say, $0.99 for just the dog as I don't drink soft drinks.
Last edited by DiceMan on Feb 27th, 2019 12:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Apr 11, 2007
1159 posts
1736 upvotes
Oakville
jackrabbit000 wrote: OP, very 1st time in a Costco?
No way Jose
He said hes been there last 3decades
Apr 29, 2007
207 posts
88 upvotes
ttiger wrote: Decent quality product, just be aware there are plenty of ways to screw it up on the server side. I refuse to eat at the Woodbine / Hwy 7 location in Richmond Hill. Even though they wear the blue gloves, I've seen servers pick up dirty garbage off the floor, then proceed to handle the bun, sausage, and pizza slices directly with their gloves .... no, not with with the tongs, but indeed with the gloves.
haha imagine what's going on where you can't see ;)
--
Here is nowhere
Time is now
Deal Fanatic
Nov 20, 2010
6232 posts
4831 upvotes
jackrabbit000 wrote: Ask for the Polish sausage, it’s way better than the regular hot dog.
This is the farthest from the truth and I've order both many times together at Costco. Each time I've done this, I say to myself I should have just got 2 hot dogs instead. I'm sure anyone who has tried this will agree with me. ;)
Deal Fanatic
Jun 24, 2015
8524 posts
2941 upvotes
0 downvotes
jackrabbit000 wrote: Ask for the Polish sausage, it’s way better than the regular hot dog.
and I AGREE 100 percent. Polish Sausage is waaaaay better than the regular all beef hotdog. maybe they use pork in the sausage? I always forget to ask.
Supermarket worker at Fortino's
I'm Not a Wise Guy but more of a Good Fella~!
Drive an Escalade
Deal Addict
Feb 17, 2006
1127 posts
544 upvotes
Ottawa
Welcome to Earth. Note - in the summer, it gets hotter outside.
McDealer: Good morning, gentlemen, the temperature is 110 degrees.
Wolfman: Holy s*** , it's McDealer!
Aug 6, 2018
359 posts
352 upvotes
If we weren't living in a hellish capitalist dystopia where inflation increases faster than wages we'd have costco prices everywhere. Costo and Ikea food court are our last great sanctuaries.
Deal Addict
Mar 14, 2006
2290 posts
2343 upvotes
Toronto
So much sodium... Basically a crappy hot dog and a sugar drink...
Aug 6, 2018
359 posts
352 upvotes
Show me a hot dog that doesn't have too much sodium lol.
Deal Expert
Feb 9, 2012
21709 posts
9002 upvotes
Toronto
Smiley22 wrote: So much sodium... Basically a crappy hot dog and a sugar drink...
It's not just Pepsi though.
You can choose to have diet pepsi (no sugar, but high on other ingredients, maybe?) or the lemonade or Iced tea, which indeed have lower sugar count.
I'm not sure about the Root beer or Mountain dew though.
If it ain't broke, don't fix it!
Deal Expert
Feb 9, 2012
21709 posts
9002 upvotes
Toronto
JonDuke19 wrote: I mean... He's asking for it, right? This can't be anything other than a troll...
It got a good 3 pages so far, so OP is doing something right, that is, if the goal is to have as many pages as possible just for posting something... :twisted:
If it ain't broke, don't fix it!
Deal Expert
Jun 24, 2006
15769 posts
11166 upvotes
Costco has hot dogs hot and ready?

I wonder if this is why my wife rushes me right to the door after check out......
Aug 6, 2018
359 posts
352 upvotes
Gutty96 wrote: Costco has hot dogs hot and ready?

I wonder if this is why my wife rushes me right to the door after check out......
heaven is a place on earth.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 16, 2010
7368 posts
4672 upvotes
Between Countries
oroku1983 wrote: heaven is a place on earth.
Wow, the place must be closed. Else, where's the sea of sweaty human refuse surging up to the counter? Screaming kids running around? Families lining up with $500 worth of crap in their carts? People who are Bastions of Waste and Consumerism with asses that take up two seats with ketchup dribbling down their chins?

You know... typical day at any Costco! LOL.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
31271 posts
17295 upvotes
"If you raise [the price of] the effing hot dog, I will kill you," Sinegal said. "Figure it out."

The story behind how they're able to maintain this price is actually quite interesting.
They went from buying hot dogs to literally building a couple factories to make hot dogs.
Coke wanted too much money so they went with Pepsi.
DiceMan wrote: Though too bad I just hate the way they boil the wieners.
It's the fastest way to produce a hot dog which is kind of needed.
A roller grill is great when you sell one hot dog an hour, but not so much when you sell one every 15 seconds.
Still makes me sad though. They aren't nearly as good as they could be.
And I wish it was, say, $0.99 for just the dog as I don't drink soft drinks.
This too.
Sometimes i want 4 hot dogs but I certainly don't need 4 drinks.
Gutty96 wrote: Costco has hot dogs hot and ready?
How do you miss the giant sign?
What I wouldn't give for a brisket sandwich in Canada...
I also miss the US Ice cream bars. It was like $1.50 for a huge dipped bar covered in almonds.
I swear there was more than $1.50 worth of almonds on the damn thing.
Do you not have anything else to do rather than argue with strangers on the internet
Nope. That's why I'm on the internet arguing with strangers. If I had anything better to do I'd probably be doing it.
Aug 6, 2018
359 posts
352 upvotes
I can tell you how they maintain that price

5 cents for the syrup for your drink and 50 cents for a wiener and a hot dog bun they probably get a good deal since they're the suppliers of their own food.

probably make about a buck off every combo they sell
Deal Expert
Jun 24, 2006
15769 posts
11166 upvotes
Considering 75% or more of the stuff in my house, including bedroom furniture, dining room sets, etc, are from Costco, I am surprised I haven't seen this before.

Gonna have to try one sometime. Looks delicious.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 20, 2010
6232 posts
4831 upvotes
GoodFellaz wrote: and I AGREE 100 percent. Polish Sausage is waaaaay better than the regular all beef hotdog. maybe they use pork in the sausage? I always forget to ask.
Beef hot dogs you can actually eat them from the boiled water and they are still acceptable. However, in my universe Polish sausages must be grilled and can not be served right out of boiled water like the hot dogs to customers. Grilling is a must for the Polish sausages or don't bother serving them. PERIOD.
Jul 2, 2018
93 posts
114 upvotes
Just an FYI, a drink is 79 cents. Meaning that the hot dog is even cheaper than the drink Winking Face
Deal Fanatic
May 18, 2009
7863 posts
2841 upvotes
Richmond Hill
im wondering why canada, or ON, does not have the chicken bake. even korea has chicken AND bulgogi bake.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)