Expired Hot Deals

[Costco] Hot! Hand sanitizer 70% alcohol 1L ($7.49) Live clean

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 30th, 2020 9:40 am
May 19, 2009
558 posts
424 upvotes
Vancouver
Mixing 65ml of 95% alcohol with 35ml of aloe vera gel is still going to yield a very watery end product. It's not too different than mixing 75:25.

Also, taking into account that alcohol will gradually evaporate, it makes more sense to use a ~70% product, which overtime would become a ~60% product if you're not using them up fast enough. Whereas if you mixed a 60% batch, it becomes ineffective over time as that alcohol concentration falls below 60%.
Deal Guru
Feb 24, 2018
13861 posts
14344 upvotes
I have a large supply of hand sanitizers, enough for my whole company. I'm distributing them shortly as a psychological reassurance more than anything else. The 70% preparation we have is effective against COVID-19, but more than anything else, it's just optics and comfort for employees.

My belief is that it's best to approach this stuff soberly, and 'man up' ... as non-PC as that reads in 2020.
>> Govt. Relief for Businesses: 75% Wage Subsidy <<

COVID-19 Etiquette
Whatever your personal opinion, please respect hygiene and PPE guidelines and mandates laid down by (1) government, (2) private establishments.
Deal Guru
Jun 15, 2012
12539 posts
6385 upvotes
Southern Ontario
Proper hand hygiene is a good public health measure against communicable disease including CV19.

>60% is fine. Source: IPAC, above 60% up to 90%, references 8,9,10,11
https://ipac-canada.org/photos/custom/M ... _final.pdf

Which references the CDC, 60-95%, click the “+” beside Reference for more:
https://www.cdc.gov/handwashing/show-me ... tizer.html

If there is a reputable peer-reviewed source that says we must use 70% or greater against specifically SARS-CoV-2, please post.
Dec 10, 2004
94 posts
49 upvotes
Tapout123 wrote: Was Kitchener jammed? thinking of going in the morning (Saturday....yikes!).
Not busy at all on Friday @2pm, looked even lighter than usual.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 5, 2006
6739 posts
2452 upvotes
Markham
redflagdealsguy wrote: I have a large supply of hand sanitizers, enough for my whole company. I'm distributing them shortly as a psychological reassurance more than anything else. The 70% preparation we have is effective against COVID-19, but more than anything else, it's just optics and comfort for employees.

My belief is that it's best to approach this stuff soberly, and 'man up' ... as non-PC as that reads in 2020.
Good job

You are a responsible employer:)
Mar 10, 2016
158 posts
61 upvotes
Where else is a good location for sanitizers?
Dec 7, 2019
386 posts
246 upvotes
AncasterRFD wrote: Proper hand hygiene is a good public health measure against communicable disease including CV19.

>60% is fine. Source: IPAC, above 60% up to 90%, references 8,9,10,11
https://ipac-canada.org/photos/custom/M ... _final.pdf

Which references the CDC, 60-95%, click the “+” beside Reference for more:
https://www.cdc.gov/handwashing/show-me ... tizer.html

If there is a reputable peer-reviewed source that says we must use 70% or greater against specifically SARS-CoV-2, please post.
Upvote x10
Be the change you want to see.
Dec 7, 2019
386 posts
246 upvotes
Psykopathik wrote: Hoarders gonna hoard
It becomes a self fulfilling prophecy

Also shows human mentality at work - herd driven behaviour

I also stocked up on food yesterday too FYI so not saying I’m exempt. But good to reflect on the psyche perhaps

Sam
Be the change you want to see.
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2003
2095 posts
593 upvotes
No hand sanitizer spotted at Downsview today. Crazy lines though
Deal Addict
Jan 2, 2012
3182 posts
1932 upvotes
KINGSTON,ON
The Costco in Kingston was giving out Lysol wipes for cart handles and latex gloves for those who wanted them.
They should have hand sanitizer at the checkouts, because almost EVERYONE uses the pin pad.
Deal Addict
Mar 5, 2007
4747 posts
4352 upvotes
songanddance wrote: It becomes a self fulfilling prophecy

Also shows human mentality at work - herd driven behaviour

I also stocked up on food yesterday too FYI so not saying I’m exempt. But good to reflect on the psyche perhaps

Sam
FWIW I looked in my pantry, and my freezer, and I have at least 2 weeks, probably closer to a month, foodwise. Cooking for 10 when you only have 4, so you have leftovers to freeze and bring to work as lunch, is a very convenient technique sometimes.
Deal Addict
Mar 5, 2007
4747 posts
4352 upvotes
MrFrugal1 wrote: The Costco in Kingston was giving out Lysol wipes for cart handles and latex gloves for those who wanted them.
They should have hand sanitizer at the checkouts, because almost EVERYONE uses the pin pad.
Ya, saw that at my local Costco and laughed. They gave you the wipes AFTER you already picked up the cart and wheeled it into the store, what's the point of that?

Just like most of airport security, this is theatre.
Jun 10, 2016
300 posts
244 upvotes
Oshawa
repatch wrote: Ya, saw that at my local Costco and laughed. They gave you the wipes AFTER you already picked up the cart and wheeled it into the store, what's the point of that?

Just like most of airport security, this is theatre.
I cleaned my hands and then the whole outer handle of the card where you hold it. (most people touch only that part of the cart only)
Feb 15, 2013
682 posts
190 upvotes
Toronto
Sold out at warden location...