Expired Hot Deals

[Costco] Hot! Hand sanitizer 70% alcohol 1L ($7.49) Live clean

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 30th, 2020 9:40 am
Mar 27, 2020
1 posts
1 upvote
Which location and how long ago? do you think they still have stock?
Deal Addict
Jan 18, 2007
2278 posts
330 upvotes
Edmonton
Anyone located stock in Edmonton/Leduc area?
Sep 25, 2007
110 posts
9 upvotes
deezz wrote: @hoboonthestreet Ahhh I think I see where the two different viewpoints are coming from now. Recommendations coming from those in healthcare, vs recommendations for the general public. To me it's actually great news for the general public then, that BOTH options are a truly viable course of action for us. Thanks for all the info!
Late to the party, but great information both of you. Although I have not read the full thread, warm water and soap help in getting rid of oily residues on your skin which can harbor bacteria and viruses. In terms of denaturing proteins, I remember that isopropyl alcohol at 70% was the best at putting holes in bacterial walls. Then, because 70% alcohol has the greatest osmotic pressure, the water would gush into these holes and lyse the bacteria (or something like that). I do remember clearly that 70% was significant because %65 or 75% were less effective.

In terms of viruses, jury was still out whether they were living or not. And because viruses were so much smaller than bacteria, I recall that there was no agent that could "denature" them that was safe for human cells. Of course, heat could always change their structure but we are talking about temperatures beyond what human cells could withstand. Sorry if this is old news and incorrect - I could only remember certain things from over 30 years ago. ;)

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)