Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Costco

Hot! Hand sanitizer 70% alcohol 1L ($7.49) Live clean

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 23rd, 2020 6:25 pm
Deal Addict
Jul 7, 2010
2757 posts
1508 upvotes
Toronto
hoboonthestreet wrote: I would be curious to know the sources for this. At least for health care settings in Ontario the best practice is to use hand sanitizer whenever possible, with soap and water as a backup. Soap and water is indicated for those special cases I noted. The rationale being that ABHR is more effective, faster, more convenient to access, and less damaging to your hands than repeated use of soap and water for health care workers.

I could understand advice for the public being that use soap and water, and ABHR (sanitizer) if soap and water is not available because it is unlikely that the general public are trained to be able to assess their hands for soiling or know when they may be at risk of spore forming organisms.

Whatever you do, wash your hands and wash them with the correct technique :)
I was specifically talking about the general public rather than a medical setting. Most people here probably fall into that category most of the time.

PHAC, Health Canada, NHS, the CDC recommend soap and water before hand sanitizer.
Sep 25, 2019
953 posts
2189 upvotes
This item is back in-stock @ Costco (Still Creek) for $6.99 (one/membership).
Deal Addict
Feb 26, 2006
4627 posts
3267 upvotes
Ottawa
MikuGirl wrote: This item is back in-stock @ Costco (Still Creek) for $6.99 (one/membership).
I hope this means other stores will start getting stock.
Dymon storage wants 60.00 for 1l hand soap and 1l hand sanitizer..
Deal Guru
Mar 5, 2007
10207 posts
11270 upvotes
shylok wrote: I hope this means other stores will start getting stock.
Report them on the gouging snitch line. That sort of stuff has to be smashed out of existence as quickly as possible.
Deal Addict
Feb 26, 2006
4627 posts
3267 upvotes
Ottawa
repatch wrote: Report them on the gouging snitch line. That sort of stuff has to be smashed out of existence as quickly as possible.
Lol don't tell me there actually is one? But I agree it's pretty crappy for a company of their size to be profiteering. They're Canadian too from Ottawa I think?
Deal Addict
Feb 26, 2006
4627 posts
3267 upvotes
Ottawa
I'm hoping they read the news and smarten up. We'll see if the price drops early next on their website
Deal Addict
Oct 28, 2016
1884 posts
7842 upvotes
Albertariolandbec
shylok wrote: I hope this means other stores will start getting stock.
That's criminal! I went to my local frills in Scarborough (Rob's no frills) and they have bottles for 5 bucks with a limit of 12 per family and had a ton of stock. Not a huge bottle, but given the demand on this stuff in the market and what people are asking online, I picked up few bottles. I like to support local store as much as possible and we got what we needed.
What's in your wallet?
Mar 27, 2020
1 posts
1 upvote
Which location and how long ago? do you think they still have stock?
Deal Addict
Jan 18, 2007
2339 posts
416 upvotes
Edmonton
Anyone located stock in Edmonton/Leduc area?
Sep 25, 2007
144 posts
66 upvotes
deezz wrote: @hoboonthestreet Ahhh I think I see where the two different viewpoints are coming from now. Recommendations coming from those in healthcare, vs recommendations for the general public. To me it's actually great news for the general public then, that BOTH options are a truly viable course of action for us. Thanks for all the info!
Late to the party, but great information both of you. Although I have not read the full thread, warm water and soap help in getting rid of oily residues on your skin which can harbor bacteria and viruses. In terms of denaturing proteins, I remember that isopropyl alcohol at 70% was the best at putting holes in bacterial walls. Then, because 70% alcohol has the greatest osmotic pressure, the water would gush into these holes and lyse the bacteria (or something like that). I do remember clearly that 70% was significant because %65 or 75% were less effective.

In terms of viruses, jury was still out whether they were living or not. And because viruses were so much smaller than bacteria, I recall that there was no agent that could "denature" them that was safe for human cells. Of course, heat could always change their structure but we are talking about temperatures beyond what human cells could withstand. Sorry if this is old news and incorrect - I could only remember certain things from over 30 years ago. ;)
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2018
4735 posts
5331 upvotes
I looked up the NPN and confirmed this product works.

For those of you who are lazy like me, you can buy it here too, albeit at a higher price vs Costco: https://well.ca/products/one-step-origi ... 22621.html
For legal topics and discussions, the opinion, guidance, and thoughts provided are my own and are not considered to be legal advice, in any manner.
Deal Addict
Apr 13, 2008
2941 posts
1623 upvotes
west Island MTL
back in stock at costco today it 6.99$ Vaudreuil there was 2 skid full of box no limit (some was filling the basket sadly) i got 2
Where There is Fear There Is No Deal
Deal Fanatic
Sep 7, 2004
9135 posts
7079 upvotes
West GTEH!
FearLess wrote: back in stock at costco today it 6.99$ Vaudreuil there was 2 skid full of box no limit (some was filling the basket sadly) i got 2
Unfortunately, people hoarding for the 2nd wave of Covid.
It use to be a limit of 1/Card member.
I'm guessing Hand Sanitizer stock is being replenished regulary, like toilet paper. Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling Eyes
😎
Deal Fanatic
Sep 29, 2004
5799 posts
2638 upvotes
Toronto
Is it still selling in the warehouse for $6.99 cause I can't believe they are asking for $14.99 on their website?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)