• Last Updated:
  • Dec 30th, 2019 9:28 am
[OP]
Aug 14, 2011
305 posts
174 upvotes
Toronto

[Costco] [HOT] HEAD Unisex Snow Gloves $19.95 ($5 off) IN STORE PRICE, YMMV

This was on sale $5 off of $24.99 when I had it price checked at the Etobicoke Costco on Queensway. LOTS of sizes available. For some reason they didn't have the price on display, otherwise I am sure it would have gone off the shelf.

There isn't any reviews on their website, and also for some reason it shows up as $32.99. But you cannot find similar quality of gloves at this price point. I have been searching for a cheap pair of gloves for snowboarding, and usually brand names will go up to 50-60 bucks. It felt really warm, and I love that it has a pocket on the glove to fit a couple of credit cards or bills.

I also had seen this in the Warden/Ellesmere Costco but I can't confirm the price there.

Keep your hands warm and dry with HEAD® snow gloves featuring DuPont™ Sorona® insulation and a waterproof/breathable insert. Stay connected on the go with SENSATEC® touchscreen compatibility. For additional warmth, the zippered pocket can store hand warmers on extra cold days and nights. Adjustable wrist strap locks in heat.

Features:
SENSATEC® technology – works with touchscreen devices
Waterproof/breathable insert
DuPont™ Sorona® insulation (renewably sourced fibre)
100% PU palm patch for enhanced grip
Soft, brushed polyester tricot lining
YKK® zippered heat/storage pocket
Colour: Black
Last edited by bosoxfanx on Dec 24th, 2019 5:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Real Estate Sales Agent
38 replies
Jul 17, 2012
219 posts
122 upvotes
Van, BC
People typically look for a waterproof rating for snowboard/ski gloves but I'm not seeing one for these. Especially considering cheaper gear is tailored towards more casual/newer people these might not be the best fit for snowboarding. If you know your stuff and keep your hands dry then by all means $20 gloves are a steal! Looks more like gloves you'd shovel snow or something in, imo.
Aug 14, 2019
306 posts
363 upvotes
There's a review in French. 1 star, buyer says they wore the gloves 3 times and fingers froze each time.
Jun 28, 2009
956 posts
529 upvotes
Maybe it's too early in the morning for me, but I had read "hot, head sex $19.95"
Nov 12, 2014
261 posts
192 upvotes
Brampton, ON
I have these gloves. I am not sure if it's just me, but my hands get cold and numb after a while with these on. I also have the same complaint about Columbia's winter gloves as well. Bottomline - keep ur costco receipt safe, just in case these don't work out for you.
[OP]
Aug 14, 2011
305 posts
174 upvotes
Toronto
ProfProcyon wrote: There's a review in French. 1 star, buyer says they wore the gloves 3 times and fingers froze each time.
lmao gg not rated for Quebec then
Real Estate Sales Agent
[OP]
Aug 14, 2011
305 posts
174 upvotes
Toronto
jceezy23 wrote: Maybe it's too early in the morning for me, but I had read "hot, head sex $19.95"
yes too early.
Real Estate Sales Agent
[OP]
Aug 14, 2011
305 posts
174 upvotes
Toronto
icemannn123 wrote: I have these gloves. I am not sure if it's just me, but my hands get cold and numb after a while with these on. I also have the same complaint about Columbia's winter gloves as well. Bottomline - keep ur costco receipt safe, just in case these don't work out for you.
I think almost any split finger gloves will be cold at the extremeties
Real Estate Sales Agent
Nov 12, 2014
261 posts
192 upvotes
Brampton, ON
bosoxfanx wrote: I think almost any split finger gloves will be cold at the extremeties
Hey Thanks. Sorry am going off topic - so you're saying I should go for mittens instead?
Deal Addict
Nov 14, 2003
1498 posts
965 upvotes
Toronto
I have those groves and they are great for outdoor activities for this price.
Jun 25, 2005
622 posts
288 upvotes
I have these as my backup gloves last season. They are not the most fashionable or durable but they are definitely warm even for snowboarding in Tremblant. They have the pocket for the hand warmer too.
Deal Addict
Sep 22, 2005
3898 posts
3057 upvotes
Ottawa
I have an earlier version and these gloves are only good for casual wear. My fingers freeze if I'm out snow shoveling/blowing for any length of time in -15C or less, no chance with skiing since you'll be out there for hours. The $5 off also applies in Ottawa and could be nation wide. Get the Roots mitts for $34 reg price and they'll keep your fingers warm.
Deal Addict
Jul 21, 2001
4312 posts
406 upvotes
Calgary
These are ideal for when you're outside temporarily, shoving the snow or the car and whatnot, doesn't retain heat very well, fingers get cold for me after about 30 minutes. Mitts are generally better at retaining heat. Decent price though.
"i love my girl friend and my girl friend loves me ok so you cant love me"
Deal Addict
Apr 18, 2013
3470 posts
1588 upvotes
Canada
jceezy23 wrote: Maybe it's too early in the morning for me, but I had read "hot, head sex $19.95"
Never too early for that!
May 24, 2013
78 posts
46 upvotes
Burnaby
I bought a pair of these last year. They were terrible. The fit was bad and the tips froze a bunch of times. Not for any outdoor activity other than walking for sure. Can't function at all with the gloves one. Reminds me of the terrible gloves from the 80s.
Jun 2, 2007
530 posts
608 upvotes
Toronto
i bought these in store and will be returning. gloves fitting is not good.
Don't go broke trying to look rich.
Aug 29, 2013
792 posts
572 upvotes
Waterloo
I own these gloves... Would not recommend. Fingers get cold quickly!

I would absolutely recommend the roots mittens that are on sale at Costco right now for $32.99 (I think)...I believe they come with a pair of touch screen very light gloves that aren't very useful. The mitts are super warm though!
Nov 10, 2003
786 posts
168 upvotes
I also don't recommend these gloves. I bought these gloves last year to replace my 10 year old Kombi's with Thinsulate that no longer kept my hands warm, especially at the finger tips. I returned these gloves within days as my 10 year old gloves kept my fingers warmer than these. As an FYI, I was wearing these gloves to walk my dog.
Nov 23, 2009
378 posts
105 upvotes
Wish this thread existed before I excitedly bought these a few days ago... They felt so warm, I had no idea they won't be good for cold temperatures. Loved the look of the Roots mitts but they had no size smalls left in Ottawa on Innes, figured they'll be clearing them out before they get new stock but will re-check...