Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Costco Black Friday

Costco.ca: SnapClip Suspended Ceiling System (64 sq. ft.) $219.99 (save $60)

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 24th, 2022 2:22 pm
23 replies
Dec 12, 2018
460 posts
1182 upvotes
Thanks OP. Not for me right now but something interesting that I didn't know existed.
Apr 10, 2019
77 posts
84 upvotes
These really look like the Embassy system. If I remember correctly, the company that manufactured it shut down. Is it a rebranded version of that?
Sep 8, 2010
723 posts
917 upvotes
Ottawa
Thanks op, in for 2 packs. I hope the installation won't be too difficult in the odd shaped room I'm putting this in.
Nov 24, 2021
6 posts
1 upvote
I put the embassy ceiling in my basement and love it. Embassy usually goes on sale once a year with Costco in Apr/May. Didn't check per sq ft price on other suspended ceiling but if this is in your budget, it looks great.
Deal Addict
Apr 28, 2010
1430 posts
2396 upvotes
richmond hill
I instal Donn and Armstrong on a daily and I can say I’ve never heard of this but I am very curious now. Is it installed the same way?
Deal Addict
Jul 21, 2006
3631 posts
476 upvotes
Toronto
looks pretty cool.. i am guessing you can only use these in the basement for those people who got unfinished bsm?
====================================
Nov 24, 2013
325 posts
272 upvotes
Burnaby
louis77 wrote: I instal Donn and Armstrong on a daily and I can say I’ve never heard of this but I am very curious now. Is it installed the same way?
looking at the website https://snapclipsystem.com/products/sna ... eiling-kit it looks to be snap on (as their company name infers). I've been looking into residential ceiling tiles and trying to determine my options. My concerns are mostly about the materials and long term exposure to them.

Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2007
4111 posts
861 upvotes
Mississauga
can they go into a room over popcorn celing?
Deal Addict
Apr 28, 2010
1430 posts
2396 upvotes
richmond hill
digitalpixies wrote: looking at the website https://snapclipsystem.com/products/sna ... eiling-kit it looks to be snap on (as their company name infers). I've been looking into residential ceiling tiles and trying to determine my options. My concerns are mostly about the materials and long term exposure to them.

Oh wow. I don’t really understand the point of this. If you have to put the clips on the joists and then click them in, wouldn’t it be better and easier just to drywall the joists?
I suspended ceiling usually held up with hangers to whichever height you want so you can avoid the plumbing or duct work that may be under the joists.
Without hangers, and having clips that attach directly to the joists, defeats that purpose. Hmm interesting. Thanks for that.
Deal Addict
Apr 28, 2010
1430 posts
2396 upvotes
richmond hill
dreaderus wrote: can they go into a room over popcorn celing?
Please don’t do that!!! Spend the time, scrape the ceiling and get a professional to skim it. Don’t cover ugly up with ugly.

Nice smooth drywall ceiling is always the best nicest and best.
Nov 22, 2022
8 posts
54 upvotes
Well, the best thing about these is it still gives you a suspended ceiling, that you can run wires, make repairs without having to cut out drywall

And you lose minimal height compared to the traditional suspended ceilings.

I havent installed them yet, how ever im heavily considering
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2007
4111 posts
861 upvotes
Mississauga
louis77 wrote: Please don’t do that!!! Spend the time, scrape the ceiling and get a professional to skim it. Don’t cover ugly up with ugly.

Nice smooth drywall ceiling is always the best nicest and best.
ah ok yeah i hear ya
Deal Addict
Dec 21, 2013
2161 posts
3198 upvotes
GTA
Huh. Did not know this existed. Thanks OP not for me right now but maybe in the future.
Feb 6, 2008
821 posts
260 upvotes
louis77 wrote: Oh wow. I don’t really understand the point of this. If you have to put the clips on the joists and then click them in, wouldn’t it be better and easier just to drywall the joists?
I suspended ceiling usually held up with hangers to whichever height you want so you can avoid the plumbing or duct work that may be under the joists.
Without hangers, and having clips that attach directly to the joists, defeats that purpose. Hmm interesting. Thanks for that.
Isn’t the point here to maximize ceiling height while retaining access to pipes and wiring?
Deal Addict
Apr 28, 2010
1430 posts
2396 upvotes
richmond hill
bwr827 wrote: Isn’t the point here to maximize ceiling height while retaining access to pipes and wiring?
The access to this style ceiling is to have access to the plumbing up in the ceiling. Usually intended for basement or condo corridors. This isn’t any different than 1/2 drywall and 1/8 mud if we are talking about maximizing ceiling height.
Mar 14, 2016
5 posts
2 upvotes
There is one really good use case for these (and it is why I'm buying it): my house is 100 years old and I just had the basement underpinned so it's actually usable, and now I'm finishing it. Due to all of the renos over the years, the basement ceiling is full of junction boxes. It is basically not feasible to pull all of the wire from all over the house and reconnect directly to the panel, and so the junction boxes must remain - and I think the electrical code stipulates that junction boxes must be accessible without demolition of finishes (AKA you can't just hide them under drywall).

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)