Expired Hot Deals

[Costco] **HOT** Sony 2 Channel Receiver and Klipsch R-41M Speaker Package Deal $369.99

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 4th, 2021 9:36 pm
[OP]
May 4, 2020
12 posts
25 upvotes
ON

[Costco] **HOT** Sony 2 Channel Receiver and Klipsch R-41M Speaker Package Deal $369.99

I was looking for klipsch bookshelf speakers when I came across this from Costco.ca
There are currently 17 in stock as of this post

Typically the speakers "retail" for $379, while the receiver currently goes for $249. On sale you'd find them closer to $200 and $170 respectively. However, anyone with a $50 Costco voucher (from the ongoing gift of membership promotion) can bring this kit down to $319, which is pretty good value. Also, speaker wire is included.

Features:
  • Powerful 200 W Sony stereo receiver with Bluetooth connectivity
  • Klipsch Reference book shelf speakers (pair)
  • Premium speaker cables
  • Wireless remote

Includes:
  • Sony STRDH190 2 channel Stereo receiver
  • Klipsch R-41M monitor speakers
  • Premium speaker wire kit

Here is a previous thread on the same deal:
costco-hot-sony-2-channel-receiver-klip ... l-2378274/
9 replies
Deal Addict
Aug 12, 2010
1178 posts
1055 upvotes
Southern Ontario
Upvoting for the temptation.
Dec 28, 2006
998 posts
1110 upvotes
Found a review about the speakers:

...the R-41M had no bass. It was all mid to highs. And boy, are those some highs. If you have not shaved, they are sharp enough to do that for you. I can see without a reference an inexperienced listener would instantly like them as "more clear, more detail, better imaging, etc."

...Please avoid the Klipsch R-41M unless you just want a speaker as an ornament."

https://www.audiosciencereview.com/foru ... iew.11566/
Apr 11, 2020
208 posts
360 upvotes
Idontneedit wrote: I was looking for klipsch bookshelf speakers when I came across this from Costco.ca
There are currently 17 in stock as of this post

Typically the speakers "retail" for $379, while the receiver currently goes for $249. On sale you'd find them closer to $200 and $170 respectively. However, anyone with a $50 Costco voucher (from the ongoing gift of membership promotion) can bring this kit down to $319, which is pretty good value. Also, speaker wire is included.

Features:
  • Powerful 200 W Sony stereo receiver with Bluetooth connectivity
  • Klipsch Reference book shelf speakers (pair)
  • Premium speaker cables
  • Wireless remote

Includes:
  • Sony STRDH190 2 channel Stereo receiver
  • Klipsch R-41M monitor speakers
  • Premium speaker wire kit

Here is a previous thread on the same deal:
costco-hot-sony-2-channel-receiver-klip ... l-2378274/
Not sure why the mention of $320. That voucher is worth $50, can be used on whatever, so unless you have absolutely nothing at all to use it on your should treat it as cash.

Regarding the deal, I'd like the speakers but not the receiver. Anybody know what it could be reliably sold for?
Nov 24, 2014
105 posts
124 upvotes
Markham, ON
Not bad. For 4-Channel they should offer this as a mini-amplifier, doesn't need to be full size.
Sep 18, 2016
188 posts
214 upvotes
Keny wrote: Found a review about the speakers:

...the R-41M had no bass. It was all mid to highs. And boy, are those some highs. If you have not shaved, they are sharp enough to do that for you. I can see without a reference an inexperienced listener would instantly like them as "more clear, more detail, better imaging, etc."

...Please avoid the Klipsch R-41M unless you just want a speaker as an ornament."

https://www.audiosciencereview.com/foru ... iew.11566/
I am by no means an expert, and I have the R-15pm instead of the R-41M, but I find that as a whole I quite enjoy the Klipsch highs, and if I add in a half decent sub, the whole setup comes together quite nicely. I think Klipsch trends much sharper and brighter.
Jan 12, 2017
98 posts
97 upvotes
Vancouver
enfinityx2 wrote: I am by no means an expert, and I have the R-15pm instead of the R-41M, but I find that as a whole I quite enjoy the Klipsch highs, and if I add in a half decent sub, the whole setup comes together quite nicely. I think Klipsch trends much sharper and brighter.
There's nothing wrong with that. Every person has a preference on the type of sound he likes.

Having said that...most people prefer neutral sounding speakers, and Klipsch, unfortunately, decided to use horns as their tweeters a long time ago, which leads to the *brightness* everyone who hears Klipsch will experience. In my case, I went to BestBuy to demo the Klipsch speakers and couldn't stand it for more than 30 seconds. YMMV.
Deal Addict
May 6, 2007
1567 posts
311 upvotes
Maple, ON
enfinityx2 wrote: I am by no means an expert, and I have the R-15pm instead of the R-41M, but I find that as a whole I quite enjoy the Klipsch highs, and if I add in a half decent sub, the whole setup comes together quite nicely. I think Klipsch trends much sharper and brighter.
Sorry about reviving old thread.
Do you use your PC as a source for R-15PM?
Any hiss/ hum or other noise when idle?

I am looking for hifi speakers/ monitors to pair with PC and R-15PM is one of the from runners. Do you remember how much you paid?

Thank you in advance!
Sep 18, 2016
188 posts
214 upvotes
Lexi wrote: Sorry about reviving old thread.
Do you use your PC as a source for R-15PM?
Any hiss/ hum or other noise when idle?

I am looking for hifi speakers/ monitors to pair with PC and R-15PM is one of the from runners. Do you remember how much you paid?

Thank you in advance!
Don't remember how much was paid. I use it as a PC Source, but I also have optical in from TV and BT, No hiss or hum for me during idle.