Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Costco

Locked: Tim Hortons Chicken Noodles Soup (6x500ml) - $8.99

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 4th, 2020 1:24 pm
Deal Guru
Oct 21, 2015
12837 posts
135172 upvotes
888888 upvotes

[Costco] Tim Hortons Chicken Noodles Soup (6x500ml) - $8.99

500ml costs around $4-$5 instore. They are basically the same thing.
Some other RFDERS who worked at Tim Hortons before said, "They come in a package and we just reheat them."

You can add some fresh chicken breasts.

193.jpg
Last edited by TomRFD on Aug 4th, 2020 9:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: removed hot from title
Costco West: BC, AB, SK & MB
Costco East: ON, Québec , NB, NS & PEI
39 replies
Deal Fanatic
Dec 25, 2002
6453 posts
923 upvotes
What is so special about this Tim Hortons canned soup when comparing to Campbell's Chunky chicken noodle soup?
Dec 19, 2007
171 posts
19 upvotes
far away
All the soups come in frozen plastic bags, The whole bag is dropped into hot water, once it's done(hot and become a liquid form), pour into a container and serve.

worked at Timmys years ago

I like the chilli and chicken noodle soup, will buy and try, thanks OP.
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2007
4954 posts
6854 upvotes
GTA
jtcb wrote: What is so special about this Tim Hortons canned soup when comparing to Campbell's Chunky chicken noodle soup?
Tim's: Prepared in Canada, 230mg less sodium per cup, no MSG,

Ingredients: Water, chicken, baby shells pasta (durum wheat semolina, egg white powder), carrots, green peas, red bell peppers, modified corn starch, chicken broth, chicken fat, salt, seasonings, potassium chloride, dehydrated onions, yeast extract, sugars (sugar, dextrose), chicken broth, onion powder, dehydrated parsley, garlic powder, beta-carotene, spices, carrot powder, natural flavours
Dec 24, 2006
897 posts
254 upvotes
These soups are so salty, they taste bitter.
Deal Addict
Jul 6, 2007
2758 posts
1857 upvotes
Niagara On The Lake
I cannot believe that someone would pay to buy this stuff. Come on people, you can make this at home in a jiffy and save your money. Your body & health will thank you in the long run. Just the salt (Sodium chloride) in it will raise your BP, especially if you are older or are prone.
Come visit Niagara On The Lake
Voted Prettiest, Friendliest & Most Haunted town in Canada
Support local small business
Oct 10, 2011
227 posts
306 upvotes
Toronto
Kfox wrote: Tim's: Prepared in Canada, 230mg less sodium per cup, no MSG,

Ingredients: Water, chicken, baby shells pasta (durum wheat semolina, egg white powder), carrots, green peas, red bell peppers, modified corn starch, chicken broth, chicken fat, salt, seasonings, potassium chloride, dehydrated onions, yeast extract, sugars (sugar, dextrose), chicken broth, onion powder, dehydrated parsley, garlic powder, beta-carotene, spices, carrot powder, natural flavours
Do people still care about the no MSG thing?
Deal Addict
Jul 5, 2005
4072 posts
1959 upvotes
Toronto
dealsssss wrote: These soups are so salty, they taste bitter.
Probably the added chicken fat.
Jun 21, 2018
237 posts
118 upvotes
Ottawa, Ontario
After my wife got roach from their cream of brocolli soup I never by anything from Timmys. Their customer support ignored my complain. They are so ignorant
Deal Expert
Jan 12, 2017
22988 posts
6878 upvotes
Scarberia
too bad amazon.ca doesn't have this!
*SIG: Ryzen R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to 4.0ghz@1.265v stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit<< xb1 gamertag: mikka2017 >>
Deal Fanatic
Jun 6, 2010
9802 posts
5796 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
StealthFinder wrote: I cannot believe that someone would pay to buy this stuff. Come on people, you can make this at home in a jiffy and save your money. Your body & health will thank you in the long run. Just the salt (Sodium chloride) in it will raise your BP, especially if you are older or are prone.
Can you share your jiffy recipe? I would love to make my own but I am lazy.
Do you need an instant pot or something like that?
cb2200 wrote: Do people still care about the no MSG thing?
A lot of people do. Especially it give some people headache while others dry in the throat.
vahk33 wrote: After my wife got roach from their cream of brocolli soup I never by anything from Timmys. Their customer support ignored my complain. They are so ignorant
In my opinion, just my opinion though, cockroach is in all restaurants. The only difference is you see it or not.
May be because I was working in a lot of those kitchens when I was much younger. See enough to feel kind of numb.
engineered wrote: I certainly don't. MSG is found naturally in breastmilk. It was a scare in NYC that stigmatized asian food after some people got sick, likely from unsanitary cooking conditions. Without MSG, they just add more salt or other similar substitutes.
researchers have found no definitive evidence of a link between MSG and these symptoms
https://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-life ... q-20058196
Not finding a link does not mean there is no link. It just means they cannot find it.
The symptoms of MSG for many people is real. And if you are one of them, you dont need scientific proof to believe.
Last edited by theflyingsquirrel on Aug 4th, 2020 9:22 am, edited 3 times in total.
If I buy something that is not in deep discounted, my father will punish me; everyone will laugh at me. I will be the strange kid who doesn't fit in.
Guide to get free movie BOGO code from Virgin Mobile
Deal Expert
Feb 11, 2007
21239 posts
25703 upvotes
GTA
I certainly don't. MSG is found naturally in breastmilk. It was a scare in NYC that stigmatized asian food after some people got sick, likely from unsanitary cooking conditions. Without MSG, they just add more salt or other similar substitutes.
researchers have found no definitive evidence of a link between MSG and these symptoms
If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.
Apr 3, 2018
295 posts
124 upvotes
Ottawa
engineered wrote: I certainly don't. MSG is found naturally in breastmilk. It was a scare in NYC that stigmatized asian food after some people got sick, likely from unsanitary cooking conditions. Without MSG, they just add more salt or other similar substitutes.
I think for some senior people MSG may cause cardiovascular disease.
Jan 8, 2009
895 posts
1301 upvotes
The deal is only HOT, if you put the soup on the stove and boil it to 100F. Otherwise, the deal is meh....
Jan 2, 2010
610 posts
394 upvotes
theflyingsquirrel wrote: A lot of people do. Especially it give some people headache while others dry in the throat.
These imaginary symptoms are deadly for sure. Even if it's real, it certainly has nothing to do with MSG.
Dec 1, 2006
97 posts
54 upvotes
Maybe it's just me, but these soups all taste terrible. Stick with Chunky.
Sep 4, 2014
722 posts
349 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Well lots of people are allergic to it....
Deal Guru
Dec 1, 2004
12019 posts
5126 upvotes
jojothejoker wrote: Well lots of people are allergic to it....
I also hear people are allergic to tap water these days.
Oct 27, 2014
560 posts
1077 upvotes
Toronto, ON
sparklo wrote: These imaginary symptoms are deadly for sure. Even if it's real, it certainly has nothing to do with MSG.
MSG is also naturally occurring in tomatoes and cheese. But i guess you can now safely discard any scientific findings using the following argument
theflyingsquirrel wrote: Not finding a link does not mean there is no link. It just means they cannot find it.
The symptoms of placebo effect for many people is real. And if you are one of them, you dont need scientific proof to believe.
Feb 18, 2015
390 posts
1716 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I get kidney stones just by looking at the nutrition facts.
Last edited by Marcos1310 on Aug 4th, 2020 9:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)