[Costco] HOT!! Vitamix E320 Explorian Series Blender $379

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 12th, 2020 11:22 pm
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2008
2142 posts
305 upvotes
Thornhill
I was waiting for a deal on a blender... cant wait anymore! Thanks op. Picked one up
Jan 22, 2015
311 posts
292 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Had been considering getting the personal cup adapter. Feel i should sell my 5 year old unit and get this at this price
Dec 16, 2012
675 posts
286 upvotes
Barrie, ON
Does this model make soup and stuff (I saw the Vitamix presenter make soup with a model once, and I was hooked and wanted one!)

B
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2006
1686 posts
416 upvotes
KillerX wrote: Does this model make soup and stuff (I saw the Vitamix presenter make soup with a model once, and I was hooked and wanted one!)

B
Soup function is "okay". If you strictly follow their recipes you will get some decent soups, but it's not the same as making your own from scratch. Like.. you will need to put onion powder instead of actual onion since it won't actually "cook" the onion. Or you need to cook the onion separately and put it in there which kinda defeats the whole purpose of "make your soup all in one jar" thing.
But despite all this, I am still super happy with my A2500 purchase :) I love getting commercial grade smoothies every morning.

Oh. This model doesn't have the soup function but that's just a preset. I think you can manually change the settings to make the soup yourself.
Feb 20, 2019
62 posts
19 upvotes
Vancouver
What is the standard warranty on this one and does it come with 2 cups?
Dec 16, 2012
675 posts
286 upvotes
Barrie, ON
jessicacha wrote: Soup function is "okay". If you strictly follow their recipes you will get some decent soups, but it's not the same as making your own from scratch. Like.. you will need to put onion powder instead of actual onion since it won't actually "cook" the onion. Or you need to cook the onion separately and put it in there which kinda defeats the whole purpose of "make your soup all in one jar" thing.
But despite all this, I am still super happy with my A2500 purchase :) I love getting commercial grade smoothies every morning.

Oh. This model doesn't have the soup function but that's just a preset. I think you can manually change the settings to make the soup yourself.
Ahhhhh !!!! Thank you for this! So true I didn't think of that... I'm trying to convince the wife but shes like "you've had 3 blenders you never used" which is true, but I think If i had a good quality blender, I would have a smoothie every day.

B
Deal Addict
Oct 8, 2011
1110 posts
3089 upvotes
KillerX wrote: Ahhhhh !!!! Thank you for this! So true I didn't think of that... I'm trying to convince the wife but shes like "you've had 3 blenders you never used" which is true, but I think If i had a good quality blender, I would have a smoothie every day.

B
the recipe book that comes with it is pretty great! once you get started with those, you'll be having smoothies everyday
Deal Addict
Oct 17, 2009
2861 posts
586 upvotes
Mississauga
Damn. OOS online.
Jesus saves, I spend
Jul 10, 2019
72 posts
93 upvotes
KillerX wrote: Ahhhhh !!!! Thank you for this! So true I didn't think of that... I'm trying to convince the wife but shes like "you've had 3 blenders you never used" which is true, but I think If i had a good quality blender, I would have a smoothie every day.

B
If you buy a quality blender, it doesn't stop at smoothies. I made my own almond butter last week.

So you're talking soups (I've made 5 kinds), butters, smoothies and fraps.

You only get that from a solid motor though.
Oct 21, 2005
614 posts
467 upvotes
SizzleChest wrote: If you want to call it entry level, then yes it is. Comparing more expensive models to this one, I wouldn't be able to justify the price tags. They all seem to have the same 2.2 HP motor. Pre-sets, appearance and warranty length seems to be the only difference as far as I can tell. Some people have said that the more expensive ones are quieter, but I don't see how that's possible if it's the same motor.

Yikes. Last year at Costco, the same model without the PCA went on sale for $350 so that would indicate that it's worth about $30.
I can't speak for Vitamix blenders, but with Baratza coffee grinders, the premium models are quieter. The Encore and Virtuoso have the same motor but the Virtuoso is much quieter because it has a metal body. Encore is plastic and doesn't absorb sound.
Jul 22, 2019
10 posts
How is this compared to Ninja Intelli-Sense Kitchen System? It also has food processor.
Jul 10, 2019
72 posts
93 upvotes
Mrrfdxyz wrote: Too expensive I'll just get ninja
I hear ya. 2 yrs ago a bought a 1200w Ninja from walmart. It was great for smoothies etc. for about 6 weeks.

Sold that garbage on kijiji and put it towards my Vitamix.

Sometimes, not always, you get what you pay for.
Nov 7, 2018
769 posts
540 upvotes
Str8Grumpz wrote: I hear ya. 2 yrs ago a bought a 1200w Ninja from walmart. It was great for smoothies etc. for about 6 weeks.

Sold that garbage on kijiji and put it towards my Vitamix.

Sometimes, not always, you get what you pay for.
How did someone ended up buying it if it's garbage?
What's wrong with it?
My ninja works perfectly. Loved it. Better than my black and decker one. Maybe you bought the cheap ninja?