Ports:
1 × USB-C™
2 × USB 3.1
1 × HDMI®
1 × headphone/microphone combo

Operating System:
Microsoft® Windows® 10 Home

Specifications:
Dimensions (W × D × H): 35.8 cm × 24.1 cm × 1.8 cm (14.1 in. × 9.5 in. × 0.7 in.)
Weight (approximate): 1.7 kg (3.8 lb.)

Warranty and Returns:
For Costco members only, Costco extends manufacturer warranty to 2 years from the date of purchase if the manufacturer's warranty is less than 2 years. Click on the Concierge Services icon for details. Concierge Service is offered exclusively to Costco members.
Returns accepted within 90 days from date of purchase
18 replies
May 21, 2008
884 posts
147 upvotes
Ottawa
I was looking at it yesterday but the bottom bazel seems too wide in picture.
Jul 11, 2006
126 posts
73 upvotes
yanksingh wrote: I was looking at it yesterday but the bottom bazel seems too wide in picture.
....and how does that affect anyone?
Deal Addict
Dec 1, 2016
1546 posts
1598 upvotes
I bought a laptop with this chassis a few months ago and it is no good. Good luck opening it up to make upgrades, you will surely brake a lot of pins.

Also first laptop came with a track pad that made a clicking noise, almost like a lose screw. Fan is loud even when browsing (Exhaust is in the back blocked by screen)

Do not recommend HP if you want something quiet.

I have the 3500u version, but model number is efXXX so should look similar inside.
20200215_123530_1_1.jpg
Deal Guru
Apr 17, 2003
10643 posts
7231 upvotes
TheRealSwatson wrote: Realtek wifi is hardly a problem but the dim screen isnt great. battery is ok for the config and price.
...and then being an Intel i7 system in 2020, there's no PD and no TB3.
Deal Addict
Sep 9, 2003
1962 posts
405 upvotes
Toronto
Is the fan really noisy in these HPs? I am looking at another one, the 15-cs3003ca, and there are complaints about the fan (even after BIOS update) because its place on the front side. Its a touch screen as well.
Deal Addict
Dec 1, 2016
1546 posts
1598 upvotes
samson wrote: Is the fan really noisy in these HPs? I am looking at another one, the 15-cs3003ca, and there are complaints about the fan (even after BIOS update) because its place on the front side. Its a touch screen as well.
HP will probably use the same fan across multiple lines so i can tell you it wont be quiet. Just look through the threads here in the Hot Deal forum and you will find most if not all HP's are loud. Mine has this annoying high pitched noise and compared with the opening for the fans being in the back blowing onto the screen doesnt help. If you use this with an external Screen then the lid is closed making it so much worse.

We use Dell/Lenovo at work and they are quiet. Also have an AW 15 that is quiet for every day tasks and gaming isn't bad. Not sure what the above laptop will cost you but look into Ryzen 4000 Laptops. They are faster and have better GPU. Also buy at Costco if you can get a good deal as you can test the laptop for 90 days and return if not to your liking.
Apr 1, 2009
145 posts
120 upvotes
Terrace
I don't keep up with the brand but have always had bad experiences with friends and family having HP laptops. I stay away from the brand as a result.
Deal Guru
Apr 17, 2003
10643 posts
7231 upvotes
red2tango wrote: I don't keep up with the brand but have always had bad experiences with friends and family having HP laptops. I stay away from the brand as a result.
For HP Laptops to be decent...you need to at least look at the Envy lineup or above.
Feb 29, 2016
654 posts
664 upvotes
Ottawa
thenewalkapone wrote: ....and how does that affect anyone?
...because thick bezels are a turn off for many, just like they are with TVs and phones? Why be in such a hurry to crap on someone's post?
Jan 3, 2007
453 posts
258 upvotes
samson wrote: Is the fan really noisy in these HPs? I am looking at another one, the 15-cs3003ca, and there are complaints about the fan (even after BIOS update) because its place on the front side. Its a touch screen as well.
My work laptop seems to be the Ryzen version of this laptop, yeah, the fans are a bit loud. And compare to my gaming laptop lenovo legion, I don't even hear much of the fan even when playing games.
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2010
2279 posts
1390 upvotes
Kamloops, BC
RetiredRFDer wrote: ...because thick bezels are a turn off for many, just like they are with TVs and phones? Why be in such a hurry to crap on someone's post?
A bigger bottom bezel might be better since the laptop is 16:9.
Smaller dimensions means a smaller palmrest which might be uncomfortable for some.
Deal Addict
Nov 4, 2016
1705 posts
1662 upvotes
Intel's 17% stock crush in 1 day tells you all you need to know about Intel CPUs right now.
Best shopping deals I got from here:
Asus Zenfone 3 Zoom $300, ZTE Blade V8 Pro $175, Fluld 55' 4k TV $360
Apr 7, 2015
735 posts
688 upvotes
Vancouver Island
CCHIPSS wrote: Intel's 17% stock crush in 1 day tells you all you need to know about Intel CPUs right now.
As if their slideshow detailing how well Intel performs vs AMD on programs nobody has ever heard of wasn't enough 🤣
Deal Addict
Feb 14, 2016
1832 posts
1222 upvotes
I'm grateful to AMD

Who wouldve ever thought I7 laptop at $900 range was possible
Jul 27, 2018
171 posts
90 upvotes
HP and Acer.
Bought 1st products in my 40s.
And they truly disappointed me.
Even have an Hp server, a true pita Pensive Face
Deal Fanatic
Nov 18, 2008
8912 posts
2245 upvotes
Mont-Royal
JIB9022 wrote: I'm grateful to AMD

Who wouldve ever thought I7 laptop at $900 range was possible
come on, don't tell me you didn't see that coming. intel r&d was let go when they have the monopoly, the items AMD sucked. When you don't improve yourself because of lack of competition, you deserve that faith. A mixture of corporate greed (why innovate when there is no competitor? ) and hiring the lazy employees (who only care about their break times) is intel.

You wonder why Palms os and windows mobile who own the mobile devices for years and stop innovate? both ended up getting replaced by iOS and Android. Because of Google who is always in the pursuit to improve its own product with or without competition, it is the reason why they are the most successful company. Unfortunately, Apple is going down, because they start lacking innovations and people start to know better. Apple for very lucky that their macbook sales increased so much thanks to people trying their other products thanks to the innovation of iPhone 3. But now, most people already tried the macbooks and weren't that impressed, so it is obvious sales are dropping. Apple really needs to step up because the last thing we want to see is Evil Microsoft to have the monopoly of something along with their spy projets than send report to Homeland.

Against intellectual theft = against innovation = monopoly abuse = corporate greed
"Every marathon you run, your heart scars and you will die faster. If you think running a marathon is fitness, then you know NOTHING ABOUT HEALTH & FITNESS."
- Training 101