Hot Deals

[Costco] HP 15-dy2013ca Laptop, i7-1165G7. $909.99

  • Last Updated:
  • Feb 17th, 2021 4:26 pm
Tags:
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Sep 7, 2004
5852 posts
2218 upvotes
GTEH!

[Costco] HP 15-dy2013ca Laptop, i7-1165G7. $909.99

Found this HP laptop at Costco for 909.99.

Processor and Memory:
11th Generation Intel® Core™ i7-1165G7 processor
16 GB DDR4

Drives:
512 GB SSD
No optical drive
SD card reader

Display and Video Graphics:
15.6 in. FHD display (1920 × 1080)
Intel® Iris™ Xe graphics

Communication:
Wi-Fi 6 + Bluetooth® 5.0
HD web camera

Keyboard and Pointing Device:
Bilingual backlit keyboard
Multi-gesture touchpad

Ports:
1 × USB-C™
2 × USB 3.0
1 × HDMI®
1 × headphone/microphone combo

Operating System:
Microsoft® Windows® 10 Home

Specifications:
Dimensions (W × D × H): 35.8 cm × 24.1 cm × 1.8 cm (14.1 in. × 9.5 in. × 0.7 in.)
Weight (approximate): 1.7 kg (3.8 lb.)
Last edited by TomRFD on Feb 6th, 2021 12:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: updated title
😎
15 replies
Jr. Member
Mar 18, 2019
114 posts
140 upvotes
If you're looking at HP I'd personally go for the x360 Ryzen version for $200 more: https://www.costco.ca/hp-envy-x360-15-e ... 57185.html

It's been posted a few times here. I had it for about a month before realizing I wasn't using the touchscreen nearly as much as I thought I would. I returned it and got the Ryzen Dell laptop posted here a few months ago for close to half the price. I will say though, it was handy in tent mode for watching movies/shows while cooking.

For $200 more, you get an SSD that is twice the size, a touchscreen, 360-degree hinge, a better processor, stylus, and USB hub. It looks like the one you posted has some plastic construction - the Envy x360 is full aluminum casing. There is less RAM, but that's a cheap and easy upgrade.

But yeah, to be honest, neither are really hot deals. The Costco return policy does sweeten the deal though.
Newbie
Jun 5, 2019
82 posts
122 upvotes
The only major downsides I see are a small battery and a bad screen (45%NTSC). It has a good processor and lots of RAM for the price.

That $600 Dell with the Ryzen 5 4500u is probably a better deal, but you'd have to upgrade the RAM to match this one. Also the Costco return policy and warranty adds some value.
Sr. Member
Aug 12, 2010
790 posts
590 upvotes
does costco still have the 2 year warranty on laptops? if so...it's a deal, warm but a deal
Zoomer $36 Plan Loyal
Deal Addict
Jun 20, 2020
2944 posts
2485 upvotes
Toronto
geoffs wrote: does costco still have the 2 year warranty on laptops? if so...it's a deal, warm but a deal
Yes

"Costco extends the manufacturer's warranty on televisions, projectors, major appliances and computers (excluding tablets) to 2 years from the date of purchase if the manufacturer's warranty is less than 2 years."

https://www.costco.ca/concierge.html
Newbie
Nov 4, 2004
82 posts
87 upvotes
Markham
Bilingual keyboard? That's a deal breaker for me, and I frankly don't know why most people who don't need them put up with them at all. Even non-Anglophones should push back against the unnecessarily stupid layout of these things.
Newbie
Nov 4, 2015
65 posts
28 upvotes
Halifax
Looked at this in the Dartmouth, NS Costco. It was 849.99. Might be worth going in to a warehouse to purchase.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Sep 7, 2004
5852 posts
2218 upvotes
GTEH!
CoreyH877773 wrote: Looked at this in the Dartmouth, NS Costco. It was 849.99. Might be worth going in to a warehouse to purchase.
Thanks. Always cheaper in-store (if available).
😎
Jr. Member
Oct 19, 2006
159 posts
203 upvotes
I grabbed this laptop yesterday from Costco, its $899 in stores.
Its very fast and responsive. IPS screen also. Hands down the best laptop out there right now at this price point for an i7.

Webhead wrote: Found this HP laptop at Costco for 909.99.

Processor and Memory:
11th Generation Intel® Core™ i7-1165G7 processor
16 GB DDR4

Drives:
512 GB SSD
No optical drive
SD card reader

Display and Video Graphics:
15.6 in. FHD display (1920 × 1080)
Intel® Iris™ Xe graphics

Communication:
Wi-Fi 6 + Bluetooth® 5.0
HD web camera

Keyboard and Pointing Device:
Bilingual backlit keyboard
Multi-gesture touchpad

Ports:
1 × USB-C™
2 × USB 3.0
1 × HDMI®
1 × headphone/microphone combo

Operating System:
Microsoft® Windows® 10 Home

Specifications:
Dimensions (W × D × H): 35.8 cm × 24.1 cm × 1.8 cm (14.1 in. × 9.5 in. × 0.7 in.)
Weight (approximate): 1.7 kg (3.8 lb.)
Newbie
Nov 30, 2019
70 posts
101 upvotes
pdienstm wrote: Bilingual keyboard? That's a deal breaker for me, and I frankly don't know why most people who don't need them put up with them at all. Even non-Anglophones should push back against the unnecessarily stupid layout of these things.
Bilingual keyboard is most definitely a deal breaker. Most of Costco laptops come with bilingual boards.
Newbie
May 21, 2015
68 posts
30 upvotes
Montreal, QC
Got it a while back. Awful battery and keyboard. Returned immediately.

Top