Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Costco

HP Envy photo 7855 - all in one printer - $119 + taxes - Costco online

[OP]
Nov 30, 2019
73 posts
110 upvotes

[Costco] HP Envy photo 7855 - all in one printer - $119 + taxes - Costco online

Hey all. My first deal post. Sorry if I’m missing anything.

I follow @Thatdealguy - so thanks to him, I saw that this printer was on sale in store for 199.99 (after the $50 off) in Costco west, but when checking online, saw that it was being sold for $119.99 (after the $50 off).

Seems like a decent deal for an all in one printer, with the Costco warranty behind it.

When looking up old forums, this isn’t the ATL for this printer, but it’s the cheapest it’s been for a while.

Being sold at staples for $300.
Images
  • D1411565-3F8D-4787-BF11-ADE669048A80.jpeg
  • 75EEE280-F84A-4469-BC8A-C21BF3CC15F6.jpeg
17 replies
Deal Fanatic
Jun 26, 2009
5197 posts
4950 upvotes
GTA
Only if you are willing to pay $75-$100 for replacement inks. These go empty pretty fast and reviews on the printer are not that good. Way to many issues, but hey - HP means "having problems", so we can handle it.
Deal Addict
Jan 28, 2018
1383 posts
3643 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Tommy74 wrote: Only if you are willing to pay $75-$100 for replacement inks. These go empty pretty fast and reviews on the printer are not that good. Way to many issues, but hey - HP means "having problems", so we can handle it.
Why would you do that since it’s eligible for HP instant ink? I have this one from that old staples deal from a few years ago. Still running like a champ.
We The North!

ノ┬─┬ノ ︵ ( \o°o)\
Deal Addict
Sep 7, 2017
1049 posts
1041 upvotes
michelangelo88 wrote: Why would you do that since it’s eligible for HP instant ink? I have this one from that old staples deal from a few years ago. Still running like a champ.
They have changed the program and it’s not as good.

I just use places like staples, ups store etc for colour or photo printing and pay by the page. Much cheaper in the long run. And have a laser MFP black and white at home for regular use. Printing is not as relevant anymore. The large eco tank models are decent cost as well.

Ditched the colour laser as well as it wasn’t cost effective to run or maintain.
Last edited by Bidjaan on Dec 20th, 2022 11:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 26, 2009
5197 posts
4950 upvotes
GTA
michelangelo88 wrote: Why would you do that since it’s eligible for HP instant ink? I have this one from that old staples deal from a few years ago. Still running like a champ.
How much is the insta ink? It shows $7.50/month for up to 100 pages. Epson's eco tank is way cheaper to replace.
Jan 20, 2021
43 posts
37 upvotes
British Columbia
Just quick information about HP Instant Ink. It's still great for people that does not print a lot.
It works for me as its around $1.50 per month to print 15 pages black or colour - and the pages that you don't use does roll over to the next month.

It's better than buying ink that will dry out if you don't use it as time goes by.

Although I do agree that it used to be "free" for the first 15 pages per month before you get bumped automatically to the next tier. Its really to your liking.
Deal Addict
Jan 28, 2018
1383 posts
3643 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Bidjaan wrote: They have changed the program and it’s not as good.

I just use places like staples, ups store etc for colour or photo printing and pay by the page. Much cheaper in the long run. And have a laser MFP black and white at home for regular use. Printing is not as relevant anymore. The large eco tank models are decent cost as well.

Ditched the colour laser as well as it wasn’t cost effective to run or maintain.
Bidjaan wrote:
They have changed the program and it’s not as good.

A tank one is definitely more economical if your print that much. I scan a lot more than I print, so this printer with $1.50 a month suits me a lot better.
Tommy74 wrote: How much is the insta ink? It shows $7.50/month for up to 100 pages. Epson's eco tank is way cheaper to replace.
It showed the same for me when I bought it as well. Speak to customer care. They’ll apply the cheapest plan to it as a one time “exception”.
I use the $1.50 one, perfectly fits my needs.
We The North!

ノ┬─┬ノ ︵ ( \o°o)\
Dec 8, 2022
52 posts
56 upvotes
Got mine for around $60 last year from Walmart and it still works.. inflation really huh
Jul 16, 2015
769 posts
794 upvotes
Kitchener, ON
I will never buy another HP printer again. Their ink is expensive, often clogs, can't fix itself with its own functions and their parasitic ink replacement program have totally turned me off the brand. Bought a laser printer from brother and haven't looked back.
Nov 17, 2017
164 posts
224 upvotes
tzunamiiiii wrote: Just quick information about HP Instant Ink. It's still great for people that does not print a lot.
It works for me as its around $1.50 per month to print 15 pages black or colour - and the pages that you don't use does roll over to the next month.

It's better than buying ink that will dry out if you don't use it as time goes by.

Although I do agree that it used to be "free" for the first 15 pages per month before you get bumped automatically to the next tier. Its really to your liking.
I’ve been on the free plan for at least 3 years. I was told by a rep once if you upgrade to a paid plan you can’t go back to free but ya’ll got me wondering if they’ve bumped me up without knowing. Gotta check on that.
Please don’t [email protected]$t on my parade
Deal Fanatic
Aug 3, 2006
5055 posts
1786 upvotes
I'm subscribed to HP Instant Ink on the legacy 15 pages/$1.25 per month tier. You can bank up to three months of unused printed pages. I think HP has devalued this tier to now be 10 pages/month. If you go over you just pay whatever your rate is for 10 extra pages.

Over a year I'm paying $15. I had estimated the useful lifespan of my HP printer to be 6-8 years, at which point I'd evaluate my printing needs. So potentially I'd spend $120 over 8 years. $120 is like 2-3 ink cartridges which would last like 1-2 years before they clogged and I would need to buy more. The printer regularly cleans its ink cartridges and I've never seen any issues with dried ink. Ink cartridges are included with Instant Ink.

Downsides of Instant Ink: HP's awful website and awful app make it rather difficult to find out how many pages you have remaining. If your wifi goes down (e.g., power failure at home) then it'll take the printer forever to reconnect when your wifi is back. You can't print offline at all (not really an issue until your wifi goes down). Printers will still get paper jams and really mess up your pages printed count (my printer reprinted 20 pages I already had which it added to my usage).

Ideal usage: Infrequent printing needs at home. For higher quality just go to Walmart or whoever still does photo printing. The scanner with the all-in-one printer models is good to have if you receive documents in the mail you want to keep a record of.
Mar 2, 2011
434 posts
79 upvotes
Gloucester
Would anyone suggest a good brother laser color printer for a good price at the moment?
Dec 20, 2022
0 posts
looking forward to using the extra features like scanning double sided, ports for memory stick and SD card, and much more.
Jun 26, 2020
151 posts
154 upvotes
Anyone known if I can transfer a legacy instant ink plan to this new printer?

I have the $0 for 15 page a month plan. Dont wanna lose than.