Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Costco

HP Envy x360 15.6 AMD Ryzen 4500u/8gb/512ssd Touchscreen 2 in 1 Laptop/Tablet + Stylus $899.99

May 8, 2017
82 posts
33 upvotes
I guess for remote learning it's fine/overkill, but having a 7 year old carry a 15.6" laptop to school would be... More of a joke than predicted reality of course.

Anyways, I may look into this more later, but detailed upgrade options other than RAM is harder to find than I thought... Or at least I'm not putting the effort in yet at this point.

*As in # of m.2 slots (SATA or NVMe, drive length), any 2.5" drive with (max) height of 7mm, 9.5mm, or... etc.? Some examples I'm interested in to clarify.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 11, 2008
7816 posts
1290 upvotes
GTA
Stagione wrote: For a 7 year old?! This is way more than adequate. :rolleyes:
EmBlaze wrote: I guess for remote learning it's fine/overkill, but having a 7 year old carry a 15.6" laptop to school would be... More of a joke than predicted reality of course.

Anyways, I may look into this more later, but detailed upgrade options other than RAM is harder to find than I thought... Or at least I'm not putting the effort in yet at this point.

*As in # of m.2 slots (SATA or NVMe, drive length), any 2.5" drive with (max) height of 7mm, 9.5mm, or... etc.? Some examples I'm interested in to clarify.
My laptop is older so I plan to use it too. It isn't solely for a 7 year old. It's been years since I've bought a laptop and I needed a new one with a touchscreen for the remote learning so my question was more related to that as I've never had a touchscreen laptop. However, I've watched a number of youtube videos on the laptop and it will be fine. I'll be using it as well.
When your mind says give up, hope whispers "one more try"
Never say never
Sep 14, 2015
67 posts
27 upvotes
Montr
Is this in stock in store or only online order ?
Nov 23, 2018
168 posts
165 upvotes
Bromeh wrote: Is this in stock in store or only online order ?
Online I checked at the store not even a demo.
Aug 29, 2007
80 posts
24 upvotes
Ottawa
red2tango wrote: Those hinges will be the issue.
Any evidence for this claim? I am tempted to buy...
Apr 1, 2009
146 posts
120 upvotes
Terrace
pressed wrote: Any evidence for this claim? I am tempted to buy...
Just Google "HP x360 broken hinge" and you'll hear horror stories like this:
On 8/13/18, I got a call from an HP service center representative. She informed me that they would not repair my laptop because the damage was not covered by my warranty. I asked the rep how it was not covered and she insisted that I must've dropped the laptop or set something on top of the laptop to cause damage to it. I NEVER dropped, nor set anything on top of my laptop. I never even moved my laptop because it is expensive! I always kept it in the same spot on my desk, but the rep insisted that I had to've caused the damage. She told me I could either pay them to fix it (for a cost of over $300) or they would send it back to me. So I told her to send it back to me.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 8, 2003
8718 posts
1069 upvotes
Scarborough
Yes. She will be a very happy.
sillysimms wrote: Thanks. Ordered as soon as I saw this was back in stock.

Was looking for a laptop with touchscreen for an almost 7 year old for remote learning. Do you think this will be adequate?
Jun 9, 2008
417 posts
138 upvotes
Ottawa
red2tango wrote: Just Google "HP x360 broken hinge" and you'll hear horror stories like this:
Hinges are super strong.... also costco warranty!
Deal Addict
Dec 1, 2016
1546 posts
1600 upvotes
red2tango wrote: https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook- ... -p/7525815

Costco warranty lasts for 2 years, right? Well what happens when these hinges give out after that warranty period?
This envy has the power button on the side. I and most people will use it with an external screen and not even open the lid. I looked at the hinge on mine and it feels solid. Of course cant know how it holds up, but I am confident Costco will work with me even after the 2 years if hinges break.
Deal Addict
Dec 1, 2016
1546 posts
1600 upvotes
ravi_sakic wrote: i paid the extra 100$ for accidental damage and warranty for 3 years! ....
Does anybody know how to increase vram on this laptop? Currently set to 512 mb but want to increase to 1 gb.
Jul 27, 2018
180 posts
100 upvotes
Does anyone knows if there's a similar model with a slightly better screen (300 nits and 60% NTSC...etc) ?
Thanks,
Apr 1, 2009
146 posts
120 upvotes
Terrace
dracolnyte wrote: same thing when anything breaks out of warranty period, SOL.
Yea but the issue with the hinges is not a small chance of happening. It is a design flaw so you've got a greater chance of it breaking on you. That's a waste of money when a Lenovo Flex is less likely to break on you.
Oct 13, 2007
644 posts
254 upvotes
Alberta
zarkook wrote: For $130 more you're way better off with the Lenovo Ideapad Flex 5. YouTube reviewers are exploding over this machine. I bought it recently and I'm in love with it despite having to deal with the bilingual keyboard

https://www.costco.ca/lenovo-ideapad-fl ... 58044.html
Looks great!But sadly with price point I was hoping for it to come with pen.
Oct 13, 2007
644 posts
254 upvotes
Alberta
letmesee wrote: Just got the 4700, only 6 units left!
I see it but at 200 bucks more. Worth it?
Dec 16, 2017
138 posts
192 upvotes
m2teach wrote:
Looks great!But sadly with price point I was hoping for it to come with pen.
I had the same concern, I ended up ordering the original pen from Amazon for $90. I also see an aftermarket for $30ish and has lots of good reviews.
Oct 13, 2007
644 posts
254 upvotes
Alberta
zarkook wrote: I had the same concern, I ended up ordering the original pen from Amazon for $90. I also see an aftermarket for $30ish and has lots of good reviews.
Thanks for the input! Also read up that it doesn't support a dual display. Kinda needed that sometimes as well. Too bad. might go for the hp 4700...just not sure about the 200 buck upgrade