Expired Hot Deals

[Costco] HP Envy x360 15.6 AMD Ryzen 4500u/8gb/512ssd Touchscreen 2 in 1 Laptop/Tablet + Stylus $899.99

Feb 22, 2010
362 posts
264 upvotes
For those wondering, the Costco version is 250 nits, not the other version available on HP that gets > 400 nits.
Jul 29, 2007
19 posts
11 upvotes
Toronto
Bubblegum86 wrote: I wont use it with the pen and won't fold over much. Plus not worried with the Costco warranty as a backup Grinning Face With Smiling Eyes
Did you buy the extended warranty?
Deal Fanatic
Jan 11, 2008
7511 posts
978 upvotes
GTA
Thanks. Ordered as soon as I saw this was back in stock.

Was looking for a laptop with touchscreen for an almost 7 year old for remote learning. Do you think this will be adequate?
When your mind says give up, hope whispers "one more try"
Never say never
Deal Addict
Dec 1, 2016
1362 posts
1275 upvotes
p1nkaholic wrote: Did you buy the extended warranty?
Not yet. Should get the 4500 hopefully tomorrow. Will buy for whatever unit I like more.
Jul 5, 2011
38 posts
82 upvotes
VANCOUVER
sillysimms wrote: Thanks. Ordered as soon as I saw this was back in stock.

Was looking for a laptop with touchscreen for an almost 7 year old for remote learning. Do you think this will be adequate?
For a 7 year old?! This is way more than adequate. :rolleyes:
May 8, 2017
43 posts
19 upvotes
I guess for remote learning it's fine/overkill, but having a 7 year old carry a 15.6" laptop to school would be... More of a joke than predicted reality of course.

Anyways, I may look into this more later, but detailed upgrade options other than RAM is harder to find than I thought... Or at least I'm not putting the effort in yet at this point.

*As in # of m.2 slots (SATA or NVMe, drive length), any 2.5" drive with (max) height of 7mm, 9.5mm, or... etc.? Some examples I'm interested in to clarify.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 11, 2008
7511 posts
978 upvotes
GTA
Stagione wrote: For a 7 year old?! This is way more than adequate. :rolleyes:
EmBlaze wrote: I guess for remote learning it's fine/overkill, but having a 7 year old carry a 15.6" laptop to school would be... More of a joke than predicted reality of course.

Anyways, I may look into this more later, but detailed upgrade options other than RAM is harder to find than I thought... Or at least I'm not putting the effort in yet at this point.

*As in # of m.2 slots (SATA or NVMe, drive length), any 2.5" drive with (max) height of 7mm, 9.5mm, or... etc.? Some examples I'm interested in to clarify.
My laptop is older so I plan to use it too. It isn't solely for a 7 year old. It's been years since I've bought a laptop and I needed a new one with a touchscreen for the remote learning so my question was more related to that as I've never had a touchscreen laptop. However, I've watched a number of youtube videos on the laptop and it will be fine. I'll be using it as well.
When your mind says give up, hope whispers "one more try"
Never say never
Sep 14, 2015
64 posts
27 upvotes
Montr
Is this in stock in store or only online order ?
Nov 23, 2018
120 posts
77 upvotes
Bromeh wrote: Is this in stock in store or only online order ?
Online I checked at the store not even a demo.
Aug 29, 2007
67 posts
10 upvotes
Ottawa
red2tango wrote: Those hinges will be the issue.
Any evidence for this claim? I am tempted to buy...
Apr 1, 2009
120 posts
98 upvotes
Terrace
pressed wrote: Any evidence for this claim? I am tempted to buy...
Just Google "HP x360 broken hinge" and you'll hear horror stories like this:
On 8/13/18, I got a call from an HP service center representative. She informed me that they would not repair my laptop because the damage was not covered by my warranty. I asked the rep how it was not covered and she insisted that I must've dropped the laptop or set something on top of the laptop to cause damage to it. I NEVER dropped, nor set anything on top of my laptop. I never even moved my laptop because it is expensive! I always kept it in the same spot on my desk, but the rep insisted that I had to've caused the damage. She told me I could either pay them to fix it (for a cost of over $300) or they would send it back to me. So I told her to send it back to me.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 8, 2003
8169 posts
621 upvotes
Scarborough
Yes. She will be a very happy.
sillysimms wrote: Thanks. Ordered as soon as I saw this was back in stock.

Jun 9, 2008
242 posts
52 upvotes
Ottawa
red2tango wrote: Just Google "HP x360 broken hinge" and you'll hear horror stories like this:
Hinges are super strong.... also costco warranty!