Expired Hot Deals

[Costco] HP Envy x360 15.6 AMD Ryzen 4500u/8gb/512ssd Touchscreen 2 in 1 Laptop/Tablet + Stylus $899.99

Deal Addict
Dec 1, 2016
1338 posts
1260 upvotes
red2tango wrote: https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook- ... -p/7525815

Costco warranty lasts for 2 years, right? Well what happens when these hinges give out after that warranty period?
This envy has the power button on the side. I and most people will use it with an external screen and not even open the lid. I looked at the hinge on mine and it feels solid. Of course cant know how it holds up, but I am confident Costco will work with me even after the 2 years if hinges break.
Deal Addict
Dec 1, 2016
1338 posts
1260 upvotes
ravi_sakic wrote: i paid the extra 100$ for accidental damage and warranty for 3 years! ....
Does anybody know how to increase vram on this laptop? Currently set to 512 mb but want to increase to 1 gb.
Jul 27, 2018
132 posts
79 upvotes
Does anyone knows if there's a similar model with a slightly better screen (300 nits and 60% NTSC...etc) ?
Thanks,
Apr 1, 2009
120 posts
98 upvotes
Terrace
dracolnyte wrote: same thing when anything breaks out of warranty period, SOL.
Yea but the issue with the hinges is not a small chance of happening. It is a design flaw so you've got a greater chance of it breaking on you. That's a waste of money when a Lenovo Flex is less likely to break on you.
Oct 13, 2007
507 posts
118 upvotes
zarkook wrote: For $130 more you're way better off with the Lenovo Ideapad Flex 5. YouTube reviewers are exploding over this machine. I bought it recently and I'm in love with it despite having to deal with the bilingual keyboard

https://www.costco.ca/lenovo-ideapad-fl ... 58044.html
Looks great!But sadly with price point I was hoping for it to come with pen.
Oct 13, 2007
507 posts
118 upvotes
letmesee wrote: Just got the 4700, only 6 units left!
I see it but at 200 bucks more. Worth it?
Dec 16, 2017
86 posts
103 upvotes
m2teach wrote:
Looks great!But sadly with price point I was hoping for it to come with pen.
I had the same concern, I ended up ordering the original pen from Amazon for $90. I also see an aftermarket for $30ish and has lots of good reviews.
Oct 13, 2007
507 posts
118 upvotes
zarkook wrote: I had the same concern, I ended up ordering the original pen from Amazon for $90. I also see an aftermarket for $30ish and has lots of good reviews.
Thanks for the input! Also read up that it doesn't support a dual display. Kinda needed that sometimes as well. Too bad. might go for the hp 4700...just not sure about the 200 buck upgrade
Dec 16, 2017
86 posts
103 upvotes
m2teach wrote:
Thanks for the input! Also read up that it doesn't support a dual display. Kinda needed that sometimes as well. Too bad. might go for the hp 4700...just not sure about the 200 buck upgrade
If by dual display you mean adding an additional monitor then this is what I already have. Actually I have a universal USB based docking station that provides access to 2 external monitors. So right now with my USB connection I'm able to hook up my laptop to two monitors. The laptop is has an individual hdmi port though if this is what you need. Anyways, happy shopping with whatever system you chooses ;)
Jul 27, 2018
132 posts
79 upvotes
Which laptop reaches 400nits?
douber wrote: For those wondering, the Costco version is 250 nits, not the other version available on HP that gets > 400 nits.
Sep 10, 2010
346 posts
60 upvotes
St Catharines
I just spent some time on it over the past few days setting it up to mimic my desktop and so far so good.It looks,feels &works great.For me it checked all the boxes at a good price.Very satisfied but I am moving from an 8 yr old acer 2nd gen i3 touch screen which still works like new.
Deal Addict
Dec 29, 2008
3508 posts
852 upvotes
Are these 2in1 ryzen able to play things like fortnite and GTA at decent frames?

Nephew needs a laptop for school and has been saving up for something he can also game on.
Oct 16, 2008
129 posts
55 upvotes
JonSnow wrote: Are these 2in1 ryzen able to play things like fortnite and GTA at decent frames?

Nephew needs a laptop for school and has been saving up for something he can also game on.

According to this review both games are playable with decent FPS on lower settings.