Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Costco

HP ENVY x360 15-ee0003ca 2-in-1 Laptop Bundle, AMD Ryzen 7 4700U $1,099.99

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 9th, 2021 3:20 pm
728 replies
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
27110 posts
37052 upvotes
Game on, gents.
I aim to be inclusive and considerate of others in my posts. If I fall short of that mark, feel free to let me know in good faith, and where appropriate, I'll edit my posts. Thank you.
Deal Addict
Dec 29, 2013
1661 posts
1556 upvotes
Montr
Throw in another 8G RAM and we get ourselves a laptopWinking Face
Deal Fanatic
Dec 17, 2007
6411 posts
2704 upvotes
Jeeze a 1TB SSD, mama

Only 12 available, gogogogo
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
27110 posts
37052 upvotes
Upgradeable to 64GB Dual Channel 3200Mhz RAM.

This could be your desktop replacement.
I aim to be inclusive and considerate of others in my posts. If I fall short of that mark, feel free to let me know in good faith, and where appropriate, I'll edit my posts. Thank you.
Deal Addict
Apr 16, 2011
1224 posts
702 upvotes
I would bite, I really would. But I worry about thermal throttling when gaming on these things.
Banned
May 15, 2016
7020 posts
2490 upvotes
jronald wrote: I would bite, I really would. But I worry about thermal throttling when gaming on these things.
The “gpu” isn’t powerful enough to game. Don’t worry.
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2010
2293 posts
1413 upvotes
Kamloops, BC
Contemplating on whether the extra warranty is worth it.

Only bad thing about this laptop is the display isnt 16:10. And of course 16gb would have been nice.
Jul 22, 2009
464 posts
480 upvotes
Oakville
I recall someone mentioning the fragile hinges on the Envy x360, and HP not covering them under warranty as a faulty design.
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2004
3908 posts
2123 upvotes
Vancouver
Dammit, I was hoping the Ryzen 5 model came back, but this is awfully tempting. It's more than I wanted to spend, so I'm thinking I might stick with the Flex 5.

Out of curiosity for those that use it as a desktop replacement, how do you handle power on/off? The Flex 5 has the power switch on the outside so I can press it without having to open the screen each time, whereas this one has the power button in the keyboard. Do you open the lid each time? Can you reawaken from Sleep/Hibernate via external keyboard?
Deal Fanatic
Apr 25, 2006
8439 posts
3608 upvotes
Says Bilingual keyboard. Looks pretty english to me
"If you make a mistake but then change your ways, it is like never having made a mistake at all" - Confucius
Deal Addict
Nov 6, 2016
1068 posts
1030 upvotes
I shot first and asking questions later.

Anyone know the screen details on this such as how many nits?

Edit looks like the dock has usb power in, so maybe this laptop also accepts usb c charge. If it turns out to be bilingual though (opposite of what the photos show) I'll be returning and keeping the 14" flex instead.
Last edited by indeals on Jun 10th, 2020 2:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2010
2293 posts
1413 upvotes
Kamloops, BC
Bishop8 wrote: Dammit, I was hoping the Ryzen 5 model came back, but this is awfully tempting. It's more than I wanted to spend, so I'm thinking I might stick with the Flex 5.

Out of curiosity for those that use it as a desktop replacement, how do you handle power on/off? The Flex 5 has the power switch on the outside so I can press it without having to open the screen each time, whereas this one has the power button in the keyboard. Do you open the lid each time? Can you reawaken from Sleep/Hibernate via external keyboard?
I didnt even notice this. I thought it would have a power button on the outside the like the 2019 envy.
I'll most likely cancel my order.

EDIT: Maybe not. I'll see if I can wake it from hibernation with a mouse when connected to the included usb c dock.
Last edited by ssjlancer on Jun 10th, 2020 3:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Nov 11, 2013
34 posts
8 upvotes
Ottawa
Would this be pretty good for gaming?
Dec 10, 2012
330 posts
356 upvotes
I'm using this right now if anyone has any questions. It comes in the 2020 box with newer pen and thin bezel around screen. Like an inch narrower than the other 4500u version. Also has magnet next to screen to hold the pen which is nice. Loud as **** when I Was downloading all my files from cloud but otherwise seems ok.
Deal Addict
Nov 6, 2016
1068 posts
1030 upvotes
jlamb022 wrote: Would this be pretty good for gaming?
With latest Ryzen 7 you can play some games but if you need more power consider an external GPU enclosure since this has USB-C. With 32GB ram and Ryzen 7, could be pretty powerful with an eGPU added as a future expansion.

Edit - jumped the gun apologies! Looks like eGPU might not be an option here depending on the USB c port. See the reply by ssjlancer below on thunderbolt. Thanks @ssjlancer for catching that.
Last edited by indeals on Jun 10th, 2020 4:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
27110 posts
37052 upvotes
Magoomba wrote: Is the memory expandable?

Only two SODIMMs up to 64GB 3200Mhz Dual Channel.

Might be enough for a spreadsheet or two.
Anyone know how much the USB-C hub and stylus are worth?
Full C charging and 4K60.

Stylus is middle of the road.
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2010
2293 posts
1413 upvotes
Kamloops, BC
indeals wrote: With latest Ryzen 7 you can play some games but if you need more power consider an external GPU enclosure since this has USB-C. With 32GB ram and Ryzen 7, could be pretty powerful with an eGPU added as a future expansion.
You cant use an external GPU enclosure. No amd laptop(including this one) supports thunderbolt at the moment.
External enclosures are a waste of money anyways since they dont take advantage of all PCI lanes and are gimped.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)