Hot Deals

[Costco] HP ENVY x360 15-ee0003ca 2-in-1 Laptop Bundle, AMD Ryzen 7 4700U $1,099.99

  • Last Updated:
  • Jul 10th, 2020 7:21 pm
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jul 23, 2004
3131 posts
1141 upvotes
Vancouver
thelasthunter wrote: Asus has a 14"er that's less than 2.5 pounds also.
Yeah but I think the 8gb RAM is soldered (again). I think Acer released a 16gb model in Singapore/India, but not here yet. Ugh.
Deal Addict
Aug 5, 2015
1836 posts
1105 upvotes
Montreal, QC
Bishop8 wrote: Yeah but I think the 8gb RAM is soldered (again). I think Acer released a 16gb model in Singapore/India, but not here yet. Ugh.
Many people here have their "alternatives" but don't seem to provide links, strangely. I did my own research a few weeks back and if you want a 14"+ touchscreen of good quality that's "light", you'll need to pay a few hundreds more. You'd get into the Microsoft Surface laptop or Dell XPS territory.
Happy Koodo Public Mobile customer :-)
Deal Addict
User avatar
Nov 22, 2002
2858 posts
584 upvotes
Great price and specs. But in the end I went with the Flex 5 ($849 at Microsoft) as I felt the 15.6” screen and 4.4lbs on this device made it too big and bulky to function as a convertible 2-in-1.
Newbie
Jun 5, 2017
60 posts
5 upvotes
Is this still the best deal at this price point or is there something better up for Canada Day?

I'm pretty close to pulling the trigger. Build quality looks really nice and the upgradable RAM and 1TB SSD is awesome.

Using a T520 from like 5 years ago currently and looking to upgrade, main use will be coding.

Is the upgrade to 16GB RAM really necessary?
Jr. Member
User avatar
Mar 7, 2007
185 posts
39 upvotes
I ordered one yesterday but now I’m rethinking the size and weight of it. I’m wondering if I’m better off with the portability of a14 inch
Deal Addict
Aug 5, 2015
1836 posts
1105 upvotes
Montreal, QC
coleonredflag wrote: Is the upgrade to 16GB RAM really necessary?
Only you can answer this. If it were my work machine, where I need to have many Docker containers running in parallel, yes that would be a must for me.
Happy Koodo Public Mobile customer :-)
Newbie
Dec 29, 2018
30 posts
23 upvotes
metrognome wrote: I ordered one yesterday but now I’m rethinking the size and weight of it. I’m wondering if I’m better off with the portability of a14 inch
I also didnot order because of the weight,portability issue and dim display.Waiting for a deal at Bestbuy or Amazon on the 13 inch model with better display.
Deal Expert
User avatar
Nov 7, 2003
19681 posts
625 upvotes
Shanghai, China
Does anyone here know if the screen is using something like Gorilla Glass?

This laptop looks like it's using a proprietary charger. Possible to charge via USB-C?

How's the stylus? Is the writing experience comparable to iPad Pro or Surface Pro?
Newbie
Jul 2, 2020
2 posts
1 upvote
Bishop8 wrote: Yeah but I think the 8gb RAM is soldered (again). I think Acer released a 16gb model in Singapore/India, but not here yet. Ugh.
If you're talking about the Asus Zephyrus G14, there is one accessible RAM slot and one RAM stick that is soldered. So you can upgrade up to 24GB of RAM in that.
Newbie
Feb 26, 2015
2 posts
1 upvote
Toronto, ON
Need advice - seeking for a student that will be runs SolidWorks 2020 and Alias-Auto-studio 19. School provided preferred specifications - which this one seems to meet/exceed if RAM is increased to 32

Just unsure about graphics card which only states "AMD Radeon™ graphics". Would this graphics card meet the following that has been recommended ?? If not any suggested other laptops ?

Standard assemblies: NVIDIA Quadro P1000 or AMD Radeon Pro WX 4100
Large assemblies with simple parts: NVIDIA Quadro P2000 or AMD Radeon Pro WX 7100
Large assemblies with complex parts: NVIDIA Quadro P4000/5000 or AMD Radeon Pro WX 8200/9100
Newbie
Dec 25, 2018
30 posts
30 upvotes
cheapoldbastid wrote: Need advice - seeking for a student that will be runs SolidWorks 2020 and Alias-Auto-studio 19. School provided preferred specifications - which this one seems to meet/exceed if RAM is increased to 32

Just unsure about graphics card which only states "AMD Radeon™ graphics". Would this graphics card meet the following that has been recommended ?? If not any suggested other laptops ?

Standard assemblies: NVIDIA Quadro P1000 or AMD Radeon Pro WX 4100
Large assemblies with simple parts: NVIDIA Quadro P2000 or AMD Radeon Pro WX 7100
Large assemblies with complex parts: NVIDIA Quadro P4000/5000 or AMD Radeon Pro WX 8200/9100
You'd need to buy a workstation laptop, generally going to cost a lot more to have something similar to that. This laptop isn't going to fulfill that kind of requirement. You'd probably have to look at professional lines of products, which dell and lenovo are good for and specifically look for one with either a Quadro or Radeon Pro GPU.
Newbie
Jun 5, 2017
60 posts
5 upvotes
How good of a deal is this? I haven't been in the market for a laptop in years and I gotta say the prices are pretty shit. $1000 and you still need to upgrade for it to have decent RAM. I am thinking about pulling the trigger because my T520 is old as hell and worn out. But I don't like the sound of the bilingual keyboard. I looked at new Lenovos and it seems like you need to spend almost 2k to get a decent amount of memory and screen. Wondering if I should hold out for better deals or if this is just how it is in Canada?
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jul 23, 2004
3131 posts
1141 upvotes
Vancouver
catcher8587 wrote: If you're talking about the Asus Zephyrus G14, there is one accessible RAM slot and one RAM stick that is soldered. So you can upgrade up to 24GB of RAM in that.
No, I misread the post i was quoting. I thought they were referring to Acer, and I was subsequently referring to a Swift model.

Top