Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Costco

HP ENVY x360 15-ee0003ca 2-in-1 Laptop Bundle, AMD Ryzen 7 4700U $1,099.99

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 9th, 2021 3:20 pm
Mar 18, 2019
255 posts
403 upvotes
Sir Chasm wrote: Heh, that happened to me too. In my case it turned out that it was because my CC billing address didn't match what I put in the order because we moved recently. Still ridiculous that it took Costco TWO DAYS to process that, unlike the instantaneously like every other online retailer.
Yeah I don't understand why they can't tell you if your card is rejected instantly like literally every other online retailer I've ever shopped at. But I managed to stumble upon one when I looked again this morning. Ordered it. It's now gone again so I'm assuming I got the last one? Don't know what could've been wrong with my billing address but used a different card this time so hopefully it works this time
Nov 6, 2006
702 posts
96 upvotes
Montréal
tempbond wrote: RAM upgrade options

Newegg.ca
$72.99 + $19.99 shipping Team Elite 16GB (2 x 8GB) 260-Pin DDR4 SO-DIMM DDR4 3200 (PC4 25600) Laptop Memory Model TED416G3200C22DC-S01
$127.99 + $19.99 shipping Team Elite 32GB (2 x 16GB) 260-Pin DDR4 SO-DIMM DDR4 3200 (PC4 25600) Laptop Memory Model TED432G3200C22DC-S01

Amazon.ca
$86.99 + $0 Prime shipping Crucial 16GB Kit (8GBx2) DDR4 3200 MT/s (PC4-25600) CL22 SR x8 Unbuffered SODIMM 260-Pin Memory - CT2K8G4SFS832A
$201.59 + $0 Prime shipping Crucial 32GB Kit (16GBx2) DDR4 3200 MT/s (PC4-25600) CL22 DR x8 Unbuffered SODIMM 260-Pin Memory - CT2K16G4SFD832A

If you have Prime, then $86.99 Crucial is a better option for 16GB.
For 32GB, Newegg is better deal.

But could someone please tell me if 16BG is ok or I should go for 32GB ? I'm not a gamer and will use the laptop mainly for Microsoft Office, Netflix, web browsing but since i plan on keeping this laptop 4-5 years, is 32 a better investment instead of buying 16GB now and having to buy 32GB in a couple of years ?
How good and reliable are the Team Elite memory from newegg ? anyone bought them , the 2X16g

They are so cheap compared to others memory
Dec 8, 2018
141 posts
204 upvotes
North shore of Montr…
waltereo wrote: How good and reliable are the Team Elite memory from newegg ? anyone bought them , the 2X16g

They are so cheap compared to others memory
From what others have said, it seems to be good. That's probably what I'll buy too...cause I should get my laptop on Monday...I hope ! UPS tracking shows it hasn't moved from BC since Sunday... and I'm close to Montreal...
Sep 26, 2016
28 posts
15 upvotes
tkl wrote: Now that's school has started I noticed it's been freezing with a loud continuous pitch where I have to reboot the laptop when using Google classroom meet. Has anybody else had that problem with this computer or used it for the same thing ?

This has been happening that good five six times already and I'm pretty sure all the drivers are updated.
Yes I’ve used Microsoft teams and randomly during a video chat, the video will continue but the sound will cut out with a loud buzzing noise. Have to restart. My in-laws have the same laptop and same occasional problem using Teams.
Jun 9, 2008
417 posts
138 upvotes
Ottawa
Exodite wrote: Yes I’ve used Microsoft teams and randomly during a video chat, the video will continue but the sound will cut out with a loud buzzing noise. Have to restart. My in-laws have the same laptop and same occasional problem using Teams.
i have the exact same issue. its a wide spread problem with the AMD graphics driver which causes a conflict. There has been "temp fixes" such as installing the full version of the AMD drivers from their webpage as the laptop comes with the lite version and pausing the windows updates. However, nothing fully works as of yet. Ive been using bluetooth headset which works and doesnt cause teams and zoom to freeze as it doesnt use the speaker driver (which is driven by the graphics driver)
Dec 16, 2005
152 posts
105 upvotes
Montreal
Exodite wrote: Yes I’ve used Microsoft teams and randomly during a video chat, the video will continue but the sound will cut out with a loud buzzing noise. Have to restart. My in-laws have the same laptop and same occasional problem using Teams.
I've been using this laptop for the last couple of weeks and I really liked it. I followed all the directions in this thread and updated the bios, the drivers and installed the AMD Auto-Detect and Install Radeon Graphics Drivers for Windows, from the AMD website. For the most part, the fan has been whisper quiet. I have heard the high pitched fan whine that people have mentioned here, especially when watching videos but it's been slight and tolerable; definitely not a deal breaker. Everything was working well until yesterday. I was on Google Meet for about an hour and suddenly it starts making this noise:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1XoA2gZ ... sp=sharing

Is this the sound you guys were talking about? THIS is a deal breaker! The only way to make it stop was to shut it down, via the power button and restart. Since then, it's back to being whisper quiet! Fortunately, it's still in the return window, but, it's no longer online or available in stores, so I can't exchange it. Costco customer service said that they are supposed to get more (but there is no date), so I guess it's back to searching for another 2-in-1 laptop. I'm really disappointed.
Jun 9, 2008
417 posts
138 upvotes
Ottawa
It’s not your specific laptop it’s the graphics driver and amd chipset.
Aug 5, 2020
3 posts
1 upvote
Got that buzzing sound too, unfortunately. I'm gonna be patient with it because I do love every other aspect of this laptop. I trust in AMD/HP to fix this issue, but I can't handle this for too long.
Jun 9, 2008
417 posts
138 upvotes
Ottawa
karimof7 wrote: Got that buzzing sound too, unfortunately. I'm gonna be patient with it because I do love every other aspect of this laptop. I trust in AMD/HP to fix this issue, but I can't handle this for too long.

my plan is (given i have the extended 3 year warranty), to wait it out until the issue is fixed... if not ill bring it back... but you can use headphones (i know annoying) in the interm...
Dec 16, 2005
152 posts
105 upvotes
Montreal
ravi_sakic wrote: It’s not your specific laptop it’s the graphics driver and amd chipset.
Fair enough. However, even if I wanted to to change to a different brand of laptop through Costco, they have no laptops listed online right now in the 2-in-1, 15.6" category. I still have a few days to decide, so I will try uninstalling/reinstalling the drivers again, just in case. This is my first HP laptop, so I'm unsure if they good/timely with their fixes.

I'll repost your links and summary of what to do HERE and HERE, for anyone just encountering this problem. There is also another summary on Reddit: Windows overriding AMD Drivers for ALL HP Envy x360 Audio issues during videoconferecing.
Mar 3, 2017
148 posts
151 upvotes
KW
Saw some people on here having issues with the buzzing sound during Zoom, Teams, etc. I had the same issue. I installed the June 24th display driver from the official HP drivers page. That was nearly 3 weeks ago, haven't had a single issue with it since. I also recently upgraded to the Sept 24th driver, and I've been using that for about 4 days with no issues either.

The steps I followed were:
1. Download either the June 24th or Sept. 24th driver from the official HP drivers page here.
2. Uninstall the current graphics driver from the device manager, right clicking "AMD Radeon(TM) Graphics" and clicking uninstall device.
3. Restart your laptop
4. Install the downloaded graphics driver
Oct 12, 2020
348 posts
432 upvotes
I got tired of the buzzing and I'm returning it today. I think HP and/or Costco know about the issue since I can't find the computer on Costco's website anymore.

I'm going to buy the Asus UX534FTC-AS77 from amazon on discount for prime day. $1159 and it's normally $1550.
It has a slightly worse CPU but everything else is way better.

4K Display and a display in the trackpad
i7 10510U
GTX 1650 Max-Q
16GB of RAM
512 GB SSD

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B0869J ... EEQB&psc=1
Sep 26, 2016
28 posts
15 upvotes
Coded1 wrote: Saw some people on here having issues with the buzzing sound during Zoom, Teams, etc. I had the same issue. I installed the June 24th display driver from the official HP drivers page. That was nearly 3 weeks ago, haven't had a single issue with it since. I also recently upgraded to the Sept 24th driver, and I've been using that for about 4 days with no issues either.

The steps I followed were:
1. Download either the June 24th or Sept. 24th driver from the official HP drivers page here.
2. Uninstall the current graphics driver from the device manager, right clicking "AMD Radeon(TM) Graphics" and clicking uninstall device.
3. Restart your laptop
4. Install the downloaded graphics driver
Thanks for the info. Just to confirm, is it this one?

AMD High-Definition Graphics Driver
Version:
26.20.14052.0 Rev.A
Release date:
Sep 29, 2020

And you didn’t seem to have the issue of windows update overwriting whatever you install here? That seems to be a common occurrence. If it works though, that’s great.
Mar 3, 2017
148 posts
151 upvotes
KW
Exodite wrote: Thanks for the info. Just to confirm, is it this one?

Version:
26.20.14052.0 Rev.A
Release date:
Sep 29, 2020

And you didn’t seem to have the issue of windows update overwriting whatever you install here? That seems to be a common occurrence. If it works though, that’s great.
That's a new driver that has been added since my post. I can't confirm if it is error free, as I've only just installed that one today. I had no issues with the June 24th or Sept. 24th drivers. They're both still available if you click the arrow on the left of the current driver, and click previous versions.

I didn't have to do anything with Windows update, it doesn't try to overwrite any of the drivers I mentioned.
Dec 16, 2005
152 posts
105 upvotes
Montreal
Exodite wrote: Thanks for the info. Just to confirm, is it this one?

Version:
26.20.14052.0 Rev.A
Release date:
Sep 29, 2020

I'm still having problems. I tried the June 24th - sp105744 driver originally and had the loud buzzing. I followed the above instructions/procedure and loaded the AMD Adrenalin 2020 Edition 20.9.1 software (via the Auto-Detect and Install). Although I didn't get the buzzing noise again, my audio and mic cut out completely after 1+ hrs of video conferencing. Thank you for pointing out the new Sept 29th - sp110299 driver on the HP site. I also noticed that the Adrenalin 2020 Edition 20.9.2 Optional software is dated Sept 29, so if anyone has already installed the "optional" version, it may be the same thing. It's back to the drawing board for me.
Apr 22, 2018
52 posts
15 upvotes
Has anyone that's had the issues with video conferencing found a workable solution? Does the Sept. 29th driver resolve it for good?
Dec 16, 2005
152 posts
105 upvotes
Montreal
bosssk wrote: Has anyone that's had the issues with video conferencing found a workable solution? Does the Sept. 29th driver resolve it for good?
There is a new Radeon Software version dated Oct 19th posted on the AMD site: Adrenalin 2020 Edition 20.10.1 Optional (Driver Version 20.20.33.01/Windows Driver Store Version 27.20.12033.1007) and I have updated to that. I have a conference call tomorrow evening and I'll post what happens *fingers crossed*.
Mar 3, 2017
148 posts
151 upvotes
KW
I had the buzzing issue initially. But I've used the June 24, Sept. 24, and now the Sept 29 drivers without any issues since first installing the June 24th about a month ago.
Dec 16, 2005
152 posts
105 upvotes
Montreal
Coded1 wrote: I had the buzzing issue initially. But I've used the June 24, Sept. 24, and now the Sept 29 drivers without any issues since first installing the June 24th about a month ago.
Perhaps once it's fixed on your laptop, it doesn't come back? I dunno, I haven't been as lucky. Unfortunately, it takes time, because if you are getting the buzzing/audio failure you have to install a new driver and then test it out on a video call that's minimum an hour (in my experience), before the problem replicates itself.

For anyone still having issues here are the drivers mentioned from the HP site:

Jun 24, 2020
Sept 24, 2020
Sep 29, 2020

And the latest driver from the AMD site is linked in post #701. Or, you can just say to hell with it and use bluetooth headphones like @ravi_sakic. LOL!

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)