Expired Hot Deals

[Costco] HP ENVY x360 15-ee0003ca 2-in-1 Laptop Bundle, AMD Ryzen 7 4700U $1,099.99

  • Last Updated:
  • Dec 2nd, 2020 3:09 pm
Newbie
Apr 22, 2018
40 posts
11 upvotes
MsDarkDiva wrote: UPDATE: I finally had my Google Meet tonight. I initially had the Adrenalin 2020 Edition 20.10.1 Optional drivers installed, but within 50 mins the dreaded buzzing started. While the meet continued without me, I uninstalled the Adrenalin drivers, used the AMD Cleanup Utility, installed the Sept 29th drivers from the HP site and re-joined the meet. I was on for another 2 hours without issue! Mic worked, audio was good, no buzzing whatsoever. If I get a chance I'll try to test it again this weekend, but I'd say the latest HP drivers are a go! @bosssk try it and see if it works for you.
Thanks for the update! I have the Sept. 29 drivers installed now as well, but I haven't had a lengthy video chat yet since installing them. I might have one tomorrow so if I do, I'll post my results as well. Fingers crossed!
Sr. Member
Nov 6, 2006
585 posts
39 upvotes
Montréal
letmesee wrote: I made the change last night, and it seems to work very well.

Thank you, MrBigNose

It seems like the fan isn't running as frequently as before now.
Did you notice a decrease in performance or significant decrease in performance ?
Newbie
Apr 22, 2018
40 posts
11 upvotes
bosssk wrote: Thanks for the update! I have the Sept. 29 drivers installed now as well, but I haven't had a lengthy video chat yet since installing them. I might have one tomorrow so if I do, I'll post my results as well. Fingers crossed!
I had about an hour long skype chat today and no issues. The problem has always been intermittent for me, but this was definitely a good sign. Hopefully the latest drivers have finally fixed this.
Jr. Member
User avatar
Dec 16, 2005
133 posts
87 upvotes
Montreal
bosssk wrote: I had about an hour long skype chat today and no issues. The problem has always been intermittent for me, but this was definitely a good sign. Hopefully the latest drivers have finally fixed this.
I had another 1.5 chat, this time on Facebook Messenger and again, I had no issues.

Does anyone have experience with repairs using Costco's extended warranty? I'm undecided on if I should purchase.
Sr. Member
Nov 6, 2006
585 posts
39 upvotes
Montréal
Hi ,

I am about to pograde my memory .
It is just UNBELIVABLE that HP designe cover the screws with a rubber band that is hard to remove !

on a scale of 10 for the design of that screw, they got a big zero !
Member
Jul 23, 2005
211 posts
21 upvotes
Toronto
waltereo wrote: Hi ,

I am about to pograde my memory .
It is just UNBELIVABLE that HP designe cover the screws with a rubber band that is hard to remove !

on a scale of 10 for the design of that screw, they got a big zero !
If you're stuck at the rubber feet I suggest you might want to get someone to do it for you because prying the case apart is a huge pain in the ass and the rubber feet in comparison are dead simple. At least on my laptop they were.
Sr. Member
User avatar
Nov 25, 2002
695 posts
173 upvotes
Kelowna
Does anyone happen to know where to pause button is on this laptop? I've got the bilingual keyboard.
Sr. Member
Nov 6, 2006
585 posts
39 upvotes
Montréal
hwshi wrote: If you're stuck at the rubber feet I suggest you might want to get someone to do it for you because prying the case apart is a huge pain in the ass and the rubber feet in comparison are dead simple. At least on my laptop they were.
sti
I manage to remove the rubber but on both rubber, there are about 2-3 mm of rubber that had its stiky band unstick.

But for prying the case it is a real pain ! I always had the feeling it will break ! But if you pry carrefully, it is easy
Newbie
Dec 8, 2018
47 posts
41 upvotes
smirnoff wrote: Does anyone happen to know where to pause button is on this laptop? I've got the bilingual keyboard.
Do you mean Pause to pause a song or video ? If that's what you mean, it's the F10 key, above and a little to the right of the 9 key (9 not in num pad, the one above the letters)
Newbie
Jul 28, 2020
19 posts
8 upvotes
If anyone's using Linux Mint (or perhaps Ubuntu and other distros) you may have had your sound output cut off in the last day or so. This is due to a bad update. The fix is open a terminal:

apt update && apt install libasound2=1.2.2-2.1 libasound2-data=1.2.2-2.1 libatopology2=1.2.2-2.1
Sr. Member
User avatar
Nov 25, 2002
695 posts
173 upvotes
Kelowna
Is there a way to wake the computer while it's in tablet mode without flipping it back around to laptop mode?
Newbie
Dec 8, 2018
47 posts
41 upvotes
ravi_sakic wrote: i have the exact same issue. its a wide spread problem with the AMD graphics driver which causes a conflict. There has been "temp fixes" such as installing the full version of the AMD drivers from their webpage as the laptop comes with the lite version and pausing the windows updates. However, nothing fully works as of yet. Ive been using bluetooth headset which works and doesnt cause teams and zoom to freeze as it doesnt use the speaker driver (which is driven by the graphics driver)
Could you please tell me if usind a wired headset works or it's only a bluetooth one ? Thank you !!!
Member
Jun 9, 2008
258 posts
67 upvotes
Ottawa
tempbond wrote: Could you please tell me if usind a wired headset works or it's only a bluetooth one ? Thank you !!!
wired should work...
Newbie
Dec 8, 2018
47 posts
41 upvotes
ravi_sakic wrote: wired should work...
Thank you !

I just installed the new 2020.1113.1501.27036 version of Adrenaline which installed driver 27.20.14501.18003 dated 2020-11-13 and turned off Windows updates for 9 days in preparation of a Zoom meeting I have friday afternoon, I hope everything goes well...

Top