• Last Updated:
  • Aug 20th, 2019 3:05 pm
[OP]
Mar 2, 2014
127 posts
778 upvotes
Halifax

[Costco] HP Officejet All-in-one Printer 5255 $58.99

Spotted this at Costco Halifax last evening.
I do not believe the original price is 128.99, but it could be Costco's Price when they first listed it.
HP Canada store has the Printer for 69.99-$10 for signup coupon with easy ink trial.
Images
  • IMG_20190819_190822.jpg
9 replies
Deal Addict
Apr 28, 2010
1254 posts
230 upvotes
Toronto
Saw this once, then saw some headline reviews on Amazon:

1/5 | Worst HP product I've ever used
1/5 | Total Junk
1/5 | DON'T BUY - HP FAILED ON THIS ONE.
1/5 | Don't waste your time with this piece of crap
1/5 | Constant Errors - Do Not Buy This Printer - Not Recommended!
1/5 | Very poor experience and waste of money

https://www.amazon.com/HP-OfficeJet-525 ... 07997C366/
"signature removed for rule violations" Hell ya, that's what we do! 😝
Deal Addict
Jan 28, 2018
1172 posts
3021 upvotes
Toronto, ON
pete_rfd wrote: Saw this once, then saw some headline reviews on Amazon:

1/5 | Worst HP product I've ever used
1/5 | Total Junk
1/5 | DON'T BUY - HP FAILED ON THIS ONE.
1/5 | Don't waste your time with this piece of crap
1/5 | Constant Errors - Do Not Buy This Printer - Not Recommended!
1/5 | Very poor experience and waste of money

https://www.amazon.com/HP-OfficeJet-525 ... 07997C366/
Take the reviews with a pinch of salt. Many people don’t get even the basic tech and will complain about the Sky not being blue.

That said, I sincerely believe that printers are Sentient beings and will take over the world before cats do. Them and routers. The bloody things know exactly when it’s important to us and then they throw an error or simply not work
We The North!

ノ┬─┬ノ ︵ ( \o°o)\
Dec 1, 2008
197 posts
60 upvotes
Windsor
Most RECENT reviews from the Amazon post earlier:

Showing 1-10 of 748 reviews
BBFlash
5.0 out of 5 starsIt works as advertised!
August 18, 2019
Style: PrinterVerified Purchase
The scanner is superb, the print quality is most excellent, installation was a breeze. When I had a problem, HP Tech Support gave me the solution and it fixed the problem immediately. What more could anyone ask?
Helpful
Comment Report abuse
Jodie
3.0 out of 5 starsIt’s Okay
August 18, 2019
When I first used it, the homework printed for my son was a bit fuzzy, I hope I can get more improvements in the future.
One person found this helpful
Helpful
Comment Report abuse
Jon Fast
4.0 out of 5 starsGood inexpensive printer.
August 18, 2019
So far, a very good printer for the price. Has the old style tricolor cartridge and a black cartridge. Don't have to mess with 4.
Helpful
Comment Report abuse
Larry A. Meyer
5.0 out of 5 starsEASY TO USE
August 18, 2019
VERY GOOD PRODUCT
Helpful
Comment Report abuse
Victoria P
4.0 out of 5 starsGood Printing
August 17, 2019
Very good printer. 2 sided printing a plus. Ink Program saves Heavy Dollar Sign. WiFi printing. Sometimes WiFi needs rebooting. Can Fax, Copy, Scan, 2 sided printing, multi-page feeder, WiFi printing.
Helpful
Comment Report abuse
spark*l
3.0 out of 5 starsdoes the simple jobs for me
August 17, 2019
i print for information and documentation of purchases... not photos or full color pages. this smaller model fits my space better and does the job for me. fine print is crisp and clean. it's relatively quiet, but on the slow side... not an issue for my uses. small volume paper tray. ding'ed one star because vendor sent me an apparently obsolete model, and i bet they knew it. HP Support was *awesome*. i had a replacement of same model machine within a very short time (2-3 days) and sent prepaid shipping label so no shipping cost to return defective unit. i'm very satisfied with them but not amazon vendor.
Helpful
Comment Report abuse
j porter
5.0 out of 5 starsHappy with this printer.
August 17, 2019
Received on time, easy to set up and load with ink. The ream of paper that I ordered with the printer, came in demolished. The few pages that weren't bent or creased, I place and printer works fine. I'm happy with the printer.
Helpful
Comment Report abuse
Amazon Customer
5.0 out of 5 starsGreat Deal For The Money
August 16, 2019
Lots of capability. Easy to set up. Does a nice printing job.
Helpful
Comment Report abuse
David Froehlich
1.0 out of 5 starsFirmware flaws that cannot be fixed
August 16, 2019
Style: Printer
I am disappointed I cannot rate this piece of garbage lower than a 1. Had less than 4 months and the printer could not be recognized by USB connection. For awhile it worked via a wireless connection but then every time I would print I would get an error message. It didn't matter what program I was using I would have to reboot the printer, then after a little while I would have to reboot the computer and the printer, then it stopped printing all together. I would get nothing but the printer is in an error state message. tech support was zero help. I tossed in a garbage can and bought a Canon. So far so good with the Canon. STAY AWAY from this brand and model
Dec 2, 2018
49 posts
20 upvotes
Yup, I had this printer . It seemed decent for the first month but then after it broke down on me. Seeing multiple reviews now of it
Dec 2, 2018
49 posts
20 upvotes
You save much more money whereas you are always restocking on ink! Ps. Restock ink cartridge from Costco, cheaper & higher amounts
Jul 19, 2011
81 posts
218 upvotes
CALGARY
Never ever buy an HP printer. Go with Brother or some other brand.
Deal Expert
Dec 1, 2003
20951 posts
3505 upvotes
YUL
username76025 wrote: You save much more money whereas you are always restocking on ink! Ps. Restock ink cartridge from Costco, cheaper & higher amounts
HP's instant ink program is actually quite good, and a basic subsciption might be enough to cover a lot of users' needs.