Parenting & Family

Costco Huggies vs Huggies anywhere else?

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 13th, 2019 11:32 pm
[OP]
Dec 8, 2018
27 posts
20 upvotes

Costco Huggies vs Huggies anywhere else?

I have always purchased Huggies from Costco, usually seems things are either cheaper/better value from Costco.

I recently purchased Huggies from Superstore since we got the PC insiders and there was a $10 coupon. The diapers worked out cheaper, but they don't seem as thick/absorbent.

I know Costco has the Huggies Plus, has anyone else found a noticeable difference in the diapers? Not sure if I should return the unopened box and go back to Costco Diapers, even though they end up being more expensive, even when on sale.
7 replies
Deal Addict
Aug 15, 2009
1077 posts
785 upvotes
Montreal
They absorb more. That's all. It does make a difference.

I wait till they are in sale.
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2001
16594 posts
6768 upvotes
There are different types of Huggies - were you comparing Little Snugglers, Snug and Dry, or Little Movers? The Snug and Dry are the cheap ones and not as absorbent, or so we found. We end up just going with the cheap ones for the daytime and overnight go with the more absorbent ones.

We typically go with Pampers now because they have the coupons out more often and our PC Optimum offers show up for them (not as much Huggies, but of course we are not buying them so that might be why). But we tried all the Huggies ones before PC Insiders came along, and we notice the same trend with the Pampers ones (between their different lineups).
Deal Addict
Jul 4, 2006
3538 posts
664 upvotes
TrevorK wrote: There are different types of Huggies - were you comparing Little Snugglers, Snug and Dry, or Little Movers? The Snug and Dry are the cheap ones and not as absorbent, or so we found. We end up just going with the cheap ones for the daytime and overnight go with the more absorbent ones.

We typically go with Pampers now because they have the coupons out more often and our PC Optimum offers show up for them (not as much Huggies, but of course we are not buying them so that might be why). But we tried all the Huggies ones before PC Insiders came along, and we notice the same trend with the Pampers ones (between their different lineups).
So you didn't find the huggies pocketed waistband helpful to control blow ups? IIRC pampers does not have it.
Apr 24, 2017
123 posts
41 upvotes
poorwingman wrote: So you didn't find the huggies pocketed waistband helpful to control blow ups? IIRC pampers does not have it.
Thats' right, there isn't a pocketed waistband.

We started with Huggies until 4 months, then made the switch to Pampers. We got the occasional got blowouts and would change size when necessary. During the last week of Month 3, we had too many blowouts and it wasn't due to a need to change to a larger diaper. They just couldn't contain everything. So we gave Pampers a try and since then never had a blowout.
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2001
16594 posts
6768 upvotes
poorwingman wrote: So you didn't find the huggies pocketed waistband helpful to control blow ups? IIRC pampers does not have it.
Personally, we have only had a handful of blowouts with our children so I do not blame the diaper. Once the child is able to have some solids you are able to introduce food like prunes to help them stay "regular" which I suspect really helps with blowouts. The only problem with diapers we have had is when we give our child too much liquid before bed - it gets heavy and sometimes will leak if it's too full. But that again makes sense as it can only absorb so much liquid.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 13, 2010
6857 posts
1295 upvotes
Scarborough
Pampers does NOT have the wetness indicator color lines......for bigger sizes like 3, 4 etc
Oct 21, 2013
272 posts
123 upvotes
waterloo, on
I felt costco huggies were too thick. its nice quality but quite bulky. Its like wearing maxi pad vs ultra..

Cheapest diapers are pampers with $10 off for 2 products when they go on sale for $30. so, each comes out to be $25. Last weekend, the diapers were on sale for $17.99. with that coupon, it came down to $12.99. Thats the cheapest i have seen.