Expired Hot Deals

[Costco] iGO Elite 2 Electric Bicycle 1699.99

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 1st, 2020 12:26 pm
Banned
Feb 6, 2017
2176 posts
1256 upvotes
Harpagon wrote: I checked a little about both of these. They seem to be at least at first glance with less powerful motors. I would dare to say that the option that Costco had seem to be better.

Unfortunately I will return mine. I am quite heavy and the step-thru seems a little shaky for me. Also I am in need for thicker tires, since Toronto roads are so terrible that it makes the trip unbearable. It's also having some cost cuts that made the experience even more difficult to bear. The pedals are small and slippery and the light I didn't got the chance to use it but it's so small.

I opted to go for RadRover 5 (I know I have to wait), since I also had a 250$ discount for being a frontline worker.
I actually prefer both the Aspire Vendome and this Velec Citi bike over the igoelectric Core Elite II. I've been scoping for something that looks like a normal bike and also weighs less than the standard 60-70lb ebikes. The motor is smaller but since the bike is a lot lighter at 40lbs, the range difference between the 2 is not too far off. I spoke with a sales rep from igoelectric and he said that they purposely put in a smaller battery to keep the weight down and the stronger motor isn't really necessary for this weight either.

I simply couldn't turn down 25% off, ($500) especially during this time when bikes are in high demand. I'm really stoked having come across this deal today, I would take this bike over the Costco Core Elite II any day.

If prices were equal which they are regularly, I would have stuck with the Aspire Vendome due to the torque sensor but with $500 off and faster shipment, it's a no brainer to switch to the Velec Citi bike from Sportchek.
[OP]
Mar 20, 2013
927 posts
417 upvotes
Scarborough
HN12345 wrote: I actually prefer both the Aspire Vendome and this Velec Citi bike over the igoelectric Core Elite II. I've been scoping for something that looks like a normal bike and also weighs less than the standard 60-70lb ebikes. The motor is smaller but since the bike is a lot lighter at 40lbs, the range difference between the 2 is not too far off. I spoke with a sales rep from igoelectric and he said that they purposely put in a smaller battery to keep the weight down and the stronger motor isn't really necessary for this weight either.

I simply couldn't turn down 25% off, ($500) especially during this time when bikes are in high demand. I'm really stoked having come across this deal today, I would take this bike over the Costco Core Elite II any day.

If prices were equal which they are regularly, I would have stuck with the Aspire Vendome due to the torque sensor but with $500 off and faster shipment, it's a no brainer to switch to the Velec Citi bike from Sportchek.
I also assume you are lighter (as I said, I am heavy, 230 lb) and you are doing a lot of city travel with the bike. For me the Core Elite II proved to be useless even on the regular park locations. It's just to shaky.
Banned
Feb 6, 2017
2176 posts
1256 upvotes
Harpagon wrote: I also assume you are lighter (as I said, I am heavy, 230 lb) and you are doing a lot of city travel with the bike. For me the Core Elite II proved to be useless even on the regular park locations. It's just to shaky.
Fair enough. We all have different preferences and requirements so to each their own. I'm 170lbs, normally bomb around on a road bike but with working from home for the unforeseeable future, I wanted something that would get me out of the house and is also less stressful where I could take on a 50-60km trip around the city every morning before I start my workday. That's my plan anyhow lol.

I also wanted a sporty looking bike, I don't plan to use much assist on it, probably set it at levels 1-3, but it's really nice to have as you get tired. I really can't wait to get on this bike, it's going to be a huge stress reliever physically and mentally.
Jan 7, 2014
978 posts
275 upvotes
calgary
Damn i enjoyed this bike so much today. I probably did 30 km total, My maximum speed for this bike is 38.3 km .Is there a way to make it faster?
Dec 24, 2017
155 posts
141 upvotes
HN12345 wrote: I just placed an order for the Aspire Vendome from Igo Electric, it'll probably be over a month at least :( They are going fast so if anyone is interested I wouldn't hesitate too long.

Correction about my previous post. t has just torque sensoring, not cadence but I'd rather have torque anyhow. I like the fact that the form factor is just a regular hybrid bike and you can even put it on assist level 0 if you want it to behave like a regular bike.
250w motor is weak as hell.
Banned
Feb 6, 2017
2176 posts
1256 upvotes
Alexdubzz wrote: 250w motor is weak as hell.
I ended up getting a Velec Citi 2020, which has a 350w motor. I realize that that is still sub-standard for 2020 which all ebikes should be equipped with at least 500w motors imo. But you have to realize that the goal with these type of stealthy bikes is to keep the weight down as much as possible. These bikes are also lighter at 40lbs so does not require as much power to make it go the same speed.
Dec 24, 2017
155 posts
141 upvotes
Harpagon wrote: I checked a little about both of these. They seem to be at least at first glance with less powerful motors. I would dare to say that the option that Costco had seem to be better.

Unfortunately I will return mine. I am quite heavy and the step-thru seems a little shaky for me. Also I am in need for thicker tires, since Toronto roads are so terrible that it makes the trip unbearable. It's also having some cost cuts that made the experience even more difficult to bear. The pedals are small and slippery and the light I didn't got the chance to use it but it's so small.

I opted to go for RadRover 5 (I know I have to wait), since I also had a 250$ discount for being a frontline worker.
How did you manage to get that code? I am also a frontline worker but don't see anything on the website.
[OP]
Mar 20, 2013
927 posts
417 upvotes
Scarborough
Alexdubzz wrote: How did you manage to get that code? I am also a frontline worker but don't see anything on the website.
On the us website there is an authenticator that using your work email qualifies you as a Frontline worker. I got that code (more like a backup) and then I called the Canadian sales office. They will provide for you the discount code for Canada. It's a generic one, bit in not going to make it public because RFD lurkers.
You apply the code and done.
May 28, 2013
414 posts
195 upvotes
Laval, QC
On May 10 I purchased 2 Elite II iGO bikes at Costco, and last Thursday after waiting what seems like an eternity I learned that UPS has lost both packages...
Since Costco is out of stock only refunds will be provided... geee….
[OP]
Mar 20, 2013
927 posts
417 upvotes
Scarborough
qlaval wrote: On May 10 I purchased 2 Elite II iGO bikes at Costco, and last Thursday after waiting what seems like an eternity I learned that UPS has lost both packages...
Since Costco is out of stock only refunds will be provided... geee….
Wooow... I am sorry to hear about that! It looks like this things are indeed valued like gold. If someone from UPS risk to steal them.
Feb 16, 2005
153 posts
73 upvotes
Vancouver
random pattern wrote: Anybody order or know anything about the Lectric XP? Seems to be $1100 USD shipped to Canada.

https://lectricebikes.com/products/lect ... r-for-july

https://electricbikereview.com/lectric- ... ectric-xp/
This is a far better deal than anything Costco offers. Cost would be around $1650 minimum after shipping and tax. Pros: 500 watt motor is the absolute minimum you want. 2) Foldable , but this may be pointless for some. It’s a 60lb bike, not easy to lift for anyone. 3) battery is hidden

Cons: 1) not a mid drive 2) no shock suspension or ability to add it. 3) terrible rock hard grips. You’ll have to pay extra to change them. 4) battery is very weak at 10ah. Should be 14-17.5 minimum. 5) not sure about warranty problems since they are in the US. 6) no hydraulic brakes

Personally, I paid more than double this price for a biktrix juggernaut , but that has 17.5 battery, suspension shocks, thudbuster seat post, deluxe gel seat, good grips, hydraulic brakes, 750 watt motor with unlockable top speed over 50 kmh, and a mid drive motor. All essential for off road. The company also has one of the best customer service reputations, but oddly very few videos reviewing their bikes on youtube. I’m thinking of getting a bike for my wife so the lectric would be more than enough because she is only a casual part-time rider.

Read the complaints about lectric bike. Quite a few. https://electricbikereview.com/forums/t ... xes.29678/