Shopping Discussion

Locked: Costco Implemented NO MASK NO ENTRY policy as of July 18 2020 ( Ontario and Quebec only)

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 19th, 2020 5:09 pm
Nov 6, 2003
346 posts
127 upvotes
Oakville, ON
"Takes away your freedom." I thought this was just an American thing? I guess there are nutters everywhere.

Anyway, masks should be mandatory in every commercial establishment in Canada. That said, I also believe every Government in the world should be doing much more to make decent masks available at an affordable price to their citizens.
Deal Expert
Feb 7, 2017
23484 posts
22437 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
Ya all need to talk to a Business Owner.

These people have had great hardships since the MANDATORY SHUT DOWNS happened back the middle of March.

Take Restaurants ... only able to do take out. Many have been hanging on by a thread for the last 4 months.

Those that had the outdoor space ... welcomed being able to open up their patios under Stage 2 ... less seating capacity than normal ... but at least it was something.

And all they had to do ... was have their Staff wear masks and be FESTIDIOUS about cleaning / sanitizing. They were more than happy to comply to keep all of us safe.

Now we are at Phase 3 ... and can dine indoors. Again all that is required, is that the customer moving around the Restaurant ... arriving, departing, going to the washroom ...wear a mask.

We do it to keep the staff safe. They continue to do all they’ve been doing to keep the rest of us safe.

Small price to pay ... for the FREEDOM to go out to eat again ... or go in a store like Costco, the gym, back to the office ... etc

Seriously folks ... just wear the damn mask.

The sooner we shut this crazy virus down from finding new hosts to feast on ... the sooner we can all get back to a more normalized life ... without masks to boot.

No virus = No mask period

Only crazy conspiracy theory people ... see this as a threat to their freedoms. :rolleyes:

Cuz the only true threat is the virus ... and the irrational idea that taking any sort of measures against it as a group ... is something to be feared.

I mean really ... WHAT IF ... those that have made great sacrifices to protect us ...and provide for all of us the last 4 months had just thrown up their arms and said ... sorry cannot work in the hospital, the grocery store, the pharmacy, as an EMT, fireman, policeman, or any other essential worker ... cuz there ain’t no way I am wearing a mask.

Where would we all be then ?

If you cannot do it for yourself ... do it for them !

Cuz I know that Restaurant Owner / Employee ... really & truly wants things to remain open. They want to get on with their lives / livelihood

So much so that they don’t want to do anything that might risk them being shut down ... or rolled back to Stage 2.

They will fight you tooth & nail on this ... they WANT THE FULL ARM OF THE PUBLIC HEALTH ACT To be applied to those who go maskless, or take this whole thing far too casually (like other Bars, Restaurants etc). So rather than face a shutdown / rollback ... they seem to be teaming together in agreement just to report the offenders and let them pay the price (FINES ).

Cuz they don’t want a bunch of UNGRATEFUL people to mess up the FREEDOM OF EVERYONE ELSE to get on with life. Period

Sounds about right to me
Last edited by PointsHubby on Jul 19th, 2020 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 21, 2010
6591 posts
3764 upvotes
Toronto
jaybeeg wrote: You're not free to take things from other people's carts.
You haven't been to some of the Costcos in the GTA then... turning your back so you can go look at something is a dangerous game sometimes if you've managed to collect any clearance items. If you're not paying attention, someone swiping your whole cart isn't unheard of.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
29326 posts
14834 upvotes
Thatdealguy wrote: Will you stop going to Costco because you are now required to wear a mask before shopping at Costco?
If you are, you might want to cancel your membership as well and never ever sign up again. Don't support a company that takes away your freedom.
*crosses fingers hoping this will actually happen*
Or better yet have their membership cancelled because they cause a scene.
Bonus points if I can be there to film it.

Seems like we might get a 2nd wave according to other countries. I think every Costco should implement this policy since it is very hard to "social distance" inside the warehouse.
It's hard to physical distance basically anywhere nowadays.
jaybeeg wrote: You're not free to take things from other people's carts.
I mean... technically speaking you are. It's just an etiquette thing that you don't.
Cheapo-Findo wrote: Imagine a stores policy is for you to shop naked lol that'll stop thefts from happening.
Lululemon?

Walmart?
Do you not have anything else to do rather than argue with strangers on the internet
Nope. That's why I'm on the internet arguing with strangers. If I had anything better to do I'd probably be doing it.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
38181 posts
24365 upvotes
Center of Universe
Manatus wrote: You haven't been to some of the Costcos in the GTA then... turning your back so you can go look at something is a dangerous game sometimes if you've managed to collect any clearance items. If you're not paying attention, someone swiping your whole cart isn't unheard of.
Only a pushover would allow something like that to happen.
I'm not much for altercations, but that's something that I would not tolerate.
Banned
Feb 7, 2005
4498 posts
1189 upvotes
HghSsociety wrote: As someone else said, why single out Costco?

It's Just a matter of time before masks become mandatory in every city. They made it mandatory here indoors everywhere about 2 weeks ago.

All the crybabies crying foul about having to wear a mask and losing their freedoms, grow up. If my kids who are 7 8 and 10 can understand why they need to wear a mask your stupid a*s can as well.

Perhaps we should all go back to the good ol days where parents used to smoke like chimneys in their cars with their kids in the back seat with the window down a crack? Our freedoms were lost when that happened as well.

This video is hilarious and he's a little vulgar with his language but he he basically nails down my thoughts on the matter. Everyone's a scientific expert or a civil rights lawyer and they are all experts because they googled some info on the net.

Sort of like you ? Calling people crybabies because of a different point of view .
<sig removed> by moderators . Yet no moderator told me they removed or why ?
May 28, 2012
12034 posts
4654 upvotes
Saskatoon
There's no need for a separate thread about shopping at Costco, especially with the flamebait in the opening post which contributed to a derail from the get-go.

Continue discussion here: How's shopping at Costco nowadays?