Costco

Inspire Fitness FTX functional trainer and bench $1680

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 8th, 2022 8:10 pm
23 replies
Sep 28, 2010
132 posts
120 upvotes
I bought this last time around. Pretty happy with it. You'll need two people for some the assembly steps and carrying the frame parts to where you need most likely.

Assembly isn't too difficult though. The box itself is about 600lbs and it gets delivered on a large skid.

The bench is nothing special though. It's a very low profile bench. It feels sturdy enough but I wouldn't plan on replacing an actual flat/incline bench with it if you're benching / lifting in a power/squat rack.
Deal Addict
Mar 17, 2005
1105 posts
182 upvotes
Mississauga
I have this trainer also and it's really good. Only complaint are that the m8 carabiner clips are very low quality. They are tight and sharp and one busted after one month. Replaced them with higher quality ones off amazon.
Sep 28, 2010
132 posts
120 upvotes
Yeah, I would also agree the carabiner clips aren't that great. It feels like they're smaller than they should be for the attachments so it's actually difficult to switch them out.
Jul 7, 2020
860 posts
473 upvotes
daftfunk wrote: I have this trainer also and it's really good. Only complaint are that the m8 carabiner clips are very low quality. They are tight and sharp and one busted after one month. Replaced them with higher quality ones off amazon.
Do you mind giving exact amazon.ca link model as I am also looking for same and not sure if its right one?
Jul 7, 2020
860 posts
473 upvotes
It's an absolute value for money & you won't go wrong except that clip part someone mentioned. Honestly I have not thought about changing that (though I also struggle a bit) until I saw this post ;)
Deal Addict
Aug 6, 2004
1816 posts
454 upvotes
What kind if space requirement s are needed for this, can it be set up against a corner of a room the (angled frame seems to imply this) ?
Jul 7, 2020
860 posts
473 upvotes
bobor wrote: What kind if space requirement s are needed for this, can it be set up against a corner of a room the (angled frame seems to imply this) ?
yes its meant for space saving design but make sure you look at the exact dimensions & plan accordingly. Say, I cannot keep it in my basement because of height restrictions.
Deal Addict
Mar 17, 2005
1105 posts
182 upvotes
Mississauga
nowhere2010 wrote: Thanks.
Do you know if costco one has M6 or M7 size by default?
M8 is the exact size of the OE ones
Dec 24, 2011
604 posts
1374 upvotes
East, Canada
Back in stock.

I’m 6’4” tall, will I be able to use this machine to its full potential? My only real concern is pull ups.

Also has anyone upgraded the weight stacks by adding an Olympic plate using a gym pin? What’s the thread size of lin needed?
Amex Platinum, Amex Cobalt, Amex Bonvoy and Amex Bonvoy Business card holder
British Airways American Express (UK)
Aug 26, 2015
271 posts
358 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I wish it included more accessories. Had to get a shortbar, ankle straps, and D handles. But otherwise pretty good. If you’re looking for some on Amazon, these accessories are often cheaper on the US site if you have a reshipper, much cheaper.
Aug 20, 2018
387 posts
411 upvotes
RaiderX wrote: Back in stock.

I’m 6’4” tall, will I be able to use this machine to its full potential? My only real concern is pull ups.

Also has anyone upgraded the weight stacks by adding an Olympic plate using a gym pin? What’s the thread size of lin needed?
10mm
Jul 7, 2020
860 posts
473 upvotes
RaiderX wrote: Back in stock.

That Pull up bar is roughly 80-82" from floor. So you figure out. I would say you should still be able to do provided you do not have any ceiling height restrictions. It's been atleast 6 months since I started using this & thoroughly impressed. Its a BEAST ;)
Only thing is that supplied bars/accessories may not be enough so you may have to buy more Lat bar (i am not at all using the one which came with this), other cable accessories, etc. to utilize to its max potential. To me, suppled weights are more than enough & i am not lifting more than that definitely.
One important observation from my own experience: You need a short bench (get the shortest possible) so you can do proper Lat pulldown, sit bar rowing, etc. otherwise releasing the Lat bar touches the max limit. Say, initially i had some benches (used mainly for bench presses) which are 20-22 inches tall from floor & I found extremely uncomfortable using with this machine. I sold them all & finally settled with shortest bench from Iron master (USA) & extremely happy as it allows me to balance my legs while doing Lats, etc.
Good luck
Dec 10, 2007
375 posts
126 upvotes
Is it 82" at the highest? Specs say 83". Thinking of replacing my power cage (82" and scrapes the ceiling) with this. Can't do squats anymore, so the cage seems a waste of precious space.

How tall is the bench that comes with it? Can't find a clear answer to that.

Alternatively, if this will not fit, I know it won't suit everyone but does anyone have any input into this wall mounted FT? I really like the form factor. I know I'm paying a sharp premium for that, but is this far less functional? The amount of room this would save would transform my space. I'd have to come up with something else for a chin-up bar. I've had good experiences with Fitness Avenue in the past (my cage and many accessories are from there).
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2016
1569 posts
4001 upvotes
I was really considering the Vitruvian machine but this is looking pretty nice. Huge savings too.

Would definitely allow me time too, I can workout on this while all the first generation kinks are sorted out for the smart fitness tech.

Hmmmmmm, now will this fit in a condo LOL

Edit:

Did more digging and the resistance on this is good only for beginners or some exercises. The 1:2 pulley ratio effectively gives you a max resistance of ~83lbs on each side.

And the height is gonna be tough to work with. Too high for deadlifts but too low to safely overload a bench press without a spotter.

Looks like I'll be waiting for the Vitruvian machine or Peloton platform this time around.
Jul 7, 2020
860 posts
473 upvotes
Iggynatz wrote: Is it 82" at the highest? Specs say 83". Thinking of replacing my power cage (82" and scrapes the ceiling) with this. Can't do squats anymore, so the cage seems a waste of precious space.

Quote: Sorry i should have been more accurate. Just measured it & looks like between 82-83" tall from floor. So you plan accordingly. After moving this to my Garage, I find it more comfortable.

How tall is the bench that comes with it? Can't find a clear answer to that.

Quote: Can't remember the number exactly on top of my head but I think it is super low may be between 16-18" tall. Actually bench itself is very good but I sold it because I was looking for a more versatile bench for bench presses, decline with leg support, leg attachments, Dip attachments in bench itself, etc. & hence I sold that Inspire bench. But depending on your setup & your requirements, you decide to keep it or not.

Alternatively, if this will not fit, I know it won't suit everyone but does anyone have any input into this wall mounted FT? I really like the form factor. I know I'm paying a sharp premium for that, but is this far less functional? The amount of room this would save would transform my space. I'd have to come up with something else for a chin-up bar. I've had good experiences with Fitness Avenue in the past (my cage and many accessories are from there).
I would say if you have a very limited space at home, then this model is a must to own.
Jul 7, 2020
860 posts
473 upvotes
DeltaSingh wrote: I was really considering the Vitruvian machine but this is looking pretty nice. Huge savings too.

Would definitely allow me time too, I can workout on this while all the first generation kinks are sorted out for the smart fitness tech.

Hmmmmmm, now will this fit in a condo LOL

Edit:

Did more digging and the resistance on this is good only for beginners or some exercises. The 1:2 pulley ratio effectively gives you a max resistance of ~83lbs on each side.

And the height is gonna be tough to work with. Too high for deadlifts but too low to safely overload a bench press without a spotter.

Looks like I'll be waiting for the Vitruvian machine or Peloton platform this time around.
Just my 2 cents.
Personally I bought this machine for workouts such as Lat pulldown, sitting bar rowing, Pull ups, Ring workout, shoulder cable exercises, triceps, bicep curls, etc. and definitely not dead lifts as I still have my other dedicated small rack, barbells, etc. for those workouts. So it depends on what you want to do and then decide your purchase.
On pulley ratio, yes definitely not for too advanced heavy lifters but for me personally, i am not going to exceed the supplied weights anyways