[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 5, 2006
1316 posts
1746 upvotes

[Costco] InStep Quick and EZ Double Bike Trailer - $159.99

InStep Quick and EZ Double Bike Trailer

https://www.costco.ca/instep-quick-and- ... 32320.html
Last edited by TomRFD on Apr 2nd, 2020 10:20 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: updated retailer name
26 replies
Deal Fanatic
Jan 25, 2004
5181 posts
4294 upvotes
Ottawa
I was debating getting something like this - most of the ones I've looked at were $400, and this one has no reviews ugh.
This any good for noob riders who just want to take their kid down the country roads?
Nov 27, 2013
95 posts
44 upvotes
Winnipeg
Ive had this exact one for about 8 years (different color). Its been a workhouse through the years, and other than the odd small tear in the fabric where it got poked with a stick or something its help up perfectly. I would buy it again every day if faced with the same choice.
Feb 6, 2007
395 posts
243 upvotes
Konowl wrote: I was debating getting something like this - most of the ones I've looked at were $400, and this one has no reviews ugh.
This any good for noob riders who just want to take their kid down the country roads?
If you google it there are quite a few reviews. The one somewhat consistent complaint (there arent that many) seems to be if the plastic wheel rim cracks or breaks then its hard to replace. For the price and ability to carry 2 kids, there arent many other similarly priced options.
Jun 13, 2017
562 posts
369 upvotes
Ajax, Ontario
Konowl wrote: I was debating getting something like this - most of the ones I've looked at were $400, and this one has no reviews ugh.
They replaced the original page to this one, not sure why. Newer model?

Anyway, when the page below was still available, it had like 3.5 or 4 stars, which I thought was OK. I was eyeing for this.

https://www.costco.ca/instep%c2%ae-quic ... 06138.html - $189.99

Btw, I think I saw it yesterday in Ajax warehouse with the same price. Anyone can confirm?
"If you offend the OP instead of thanking him, I will gladly report you for either harassment or off-topic."

ArloCopter
Nov 8, 2012
743 posts
642 upvotes
London, ON
Fantastic deal. I bought a used MEC one for $100 and felt that was a great deal. Had this been an option i would have got it for sure. actually considering selling mine and getting this. nice find OP!
Oct 25, 2018
886 posts
900 upvotes
I have this exact one and I left a review, there was around 8 reviews so they have have changed something but I believe all reviews were 4+

5/5 from me
This is is great, I have two kid and tow them behind on my bike and they love it. Super easy to take down and set up as it can go flat for easier storage.
This will be our second summer with it.

We have not really used the 'stroller' mode so I cant say much there but for towing behind a bike, it's amazing.
Apr 15, 2005
436 posts
288 upvotes
Brossard, QC
I have a 3y5m old and a new one coming in a month. When the other one is old enough to ride I'm guessing 1 year old or something like that won't this be useless for the older one? Unless you have twins or kids that are 1 to 2 years apart isn't this useless? Please tell me how you'd use this? Thx
Deal Fanatic
Dec 3, 2006
5594 posts
1990 upvotes
stilltippin wrote: Fantastic deal. I bought a used MEC one for $100 and felt that was a great deal. Had this been an option i would have got it for sure. actually considering selling mine and getting this. nice find OP!
Unless the MEC one is really really old and/or a single chariot, it's actually probably as good if not better quality than this one. Why do you want to switch? Or is it missing some features that this one has?
mcheddadi wrote: I have a 3y5m old and a new one coming in a month. When the other one is old enough to ride I'm guessing 1 year old or something like that won't this be useless for the older one? Unless you have twins or kids that are 1 to 2 years apart isn't this useless? Please tell me how you'd use this? Thx
Many people have smaller gaps between kids, and maybe bicycle much much more, so this becomes quite useful for them for two or three years. Even then, once the older once starts on a bike, the older one may still want or need to just sit in the chariot. You will have a 3.5 year gap between your kids, so it is less useful for you, especially considering you cannot put a newborn in these things, so your gap becomes even bigger. Even up to 1 or 1.5 years old I believe, you are supposed to use an adapter harness to ensure your kid's safety. By then, your older kid could be/will be well on their way on their own bike.

But these things are also great for places you may go where you can't ride, but you can push your kids around in it.
*RFD - once you're in there's no getting out.*

*If you wanna buy something, wait for it! Eventually RFD will post it and something in your pants will feel awesome that you waited: your wallet.*
Nov 20, 2008
334 posts
61 upvotes
thanks OP! was just talking about this with my wife for my 3 year old and 15 month old.

also used the $25 off min $100 coupon that get handed out (?) ... I'm actually not sure how people get them, but I was forwarded one from a friend.
Deal Addict
Jan 6, 2004
4080 posts
543 upvotes
T.O.
msprnt wrote: thanks OP! was just talking about this with my wife for my 3 year old and 15 month old.

also used the $25 off min $100 coupon that get handed out (?) ... I'm actually not sure how people get them, but I was forwarded one from a friend.
Is it a one time coupon?
Heatware: Link
HowardForums: Link
Nov 20, 2008
334 posts
61 upvotes
yes, it looks unique for one-time-use on costco.ca

expires April 12, 2020
Jun 13, 2017
562 posts
369 upvotes
Ajax, Ontario
Can this fit a 4 years old and a 2 years old together?
"If you offend the OP instead of thanking him, I will gladly report you for either harassment or off-topic."

ArloCopter
Dec 29, 2017
552 posts
457 upvotes
adhika wrote: Can this fit a 4 years old and a 2 years old together?
Yes but it’s pretty tight, definitely 2-4 years old is the ideal range. Next year they’ll likely be too big. I have it and like it but not sure If I would buy it again. I did buy a front infant seat to free up some room. This is great to go to the beach or a picnic since there’s ample room in the back to store some things. It feels safe enough, it’s more an issue of leg room and width. The kids still need helmets in it.
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2006
1926 posts
850 upvotes
adhika wrote: Can this fit a 4 years old and a 2 years old together?
I have this for my now 5 yr old son. We prmurchasd this last year for 399!! The quality is great. Bit hard to pull the pin out to collapse but I guess that is a good thing. from what I gather the company is non exists t anymore. So just clearing out inventory. My son is now too tall... So keep that in mind. Used it for 2 months. Going to return it....if it wasn't for covid
Dec 21, 2012
279 posts
351 upvotes
Anyone have experience using these for UberEats?
Deal Addict
Feb 26, 2016
1172 posts
283 upvotes
Vaughan
Thanks for this! I've been very tempted to buy a bike trailer. I have four kids. I already have an ibert front bike seat for my two year old who can't ride herself yet. My 4 year old can bike fairly well with his training wheels but my twin girls are only 7 months. How old or heavy do they have be to safely ride in the trailer? I really just bike around the neighbourhood - alot on the sidewalk. Can a trailer handle all the bumps?