[Costco] $39.99 - Heritage The Rock 10 and 12 In. Non-stick Pans

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 11th, 2021 4:39 pm
Deal Addict
Jan 29, 2006
3156 posts
223 upvotes
Newmarket
SKYMTL wrote: Good pans that don't warp (unlike other non-stick pans) but don't expect them to last all that long. After some pretty intense use ours lasted about 5 months before the anti-stick coating began breaking down.

We've since transferred to stainless steel for most of our cooking after going through an endless string of non-stick junk. Our only non-stick pan is an Anolon tri-ply skillet.
Same experience. First 5-6 months were awesome. Now its starting to wear down and losing its "Rock" aspect. Its becoming sticky and I can see the surface smoothing out.
Click Here to check my HOFO Feedback
Ebay Feedback
Dec 30, 2011
289 posts
158 upvotes
NEPEAN
For the two posters that asked:

We use the Rock Fry Pan on our Induction Heater when Camping. Works fine.

We also use them on our glass cook top surface.
Last edited by Dagwould on Oct 6th, 2016 12:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nov 15, 2007
100 posts
8 upvotes
Ottawa
I just bought this in Kanata looks identical but item number on the receipt is 508137 $47.99 anyone no the difference?

ggparts
Sep 25, 2012
134 posts
79 upvotes
WINNIPEG
I hate the CT version's handle design, the underside of V-section is very uncomfortable so you are forced to grab away from the pan, making handling a nightmare especially for the heavy 12" version.
Feb 11, 2007
22 posts
7 upvotes
Chateauguay, QC
Bought the entire set of these from Canadian Tire over a year ago and they're all still going strong. Non-stick is still great, no warping, no flaking (except for on the smallest pot that had metal utensils used in it - grrr). I've use them all on med-high to high heat fairly regularly, and I even run them through the dishwasher (one of the worst things you can do to no stick coatings). For the price, I can't recommend them enough. Best affordable non-stick pots and pans you can get, in my opinion. They go on sale at Canadian Tire all the time, so if you can, I'd hold out and pick up the set or a few from there when they're at their usual 75%+ off sale price.
Jun 29, 2011
108 posts
27 upvotes
EDMONTON
SKYMTL wrote: Good pans that don't warp (unlike other non-stick pans) but don't expect them to last all that long. After some pretty intense use ours lasted about 5 months before the anti-stick coating began breaking down.

We've since transferred to stainless steel for most of our cooking after going through an endless string of non-stick junk. Our only non-stick pan is an Anolon tri-ply skillet.
I was a dumbass and rinsed my hot pan with cold water, and it warped so much that it's now unusable. I'm sure they're fine if you treat them well, but still have to be a little careful at least.
Deal Guru
Jan 6, 2005
11751 posts
3106 upvotes
Sorry to revive this thread, but more of a question, really. CT has the 10 piece set on sale this week for $179, with bonus roasting pan. What is the difference with all of these? Walmart has their set, Starfrit The Rock, CT has their own Heritage The Rock (exclusive) and then the Costco ones. I have looked at the costco ones, and they have a thicker base. The CT and WM ones appear to be similar, in quality. To the one just above here, The Rock stuff is supposed to have a lifetime anti-warp warranty, so I would contact Starfrit.
The first rule of RFD is, you do not talk about RFD.

The second rule of RFD is, you DO NOT talk about RFD.
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2015
1897 posts
1297 upvotes
Laval, QC
Is these non-stick pans any good?
My T-Fal non-stick pan now starting to lose it's non-stick effectiveness, I need to buy new pans which can last longer.
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2015
1897 posts
1297 upvotes
Laval, QC
Shiznacka wrote: Same experience. First 5-6 months were awesome. Now its starting to wear down and losing its "Rock" aspect. Its becoming sticky and I can see the surface smoothing out.
At least my T-Fal non-stick pans last for more than a year.
well, I'd pass this "rock" pans now...
Jan 30, 2008
5 posts
1 upvote
Toronto
Lagostina Non-stick ceramic pans are junk.. I have purchased five in the last two years from CTC. Scorched permanently. So far, I love my TheRock Plus.
May 19, 2019
85 posts
78 upvotes
I am using both Rock pans from Canadian Tire and Costco. And I like the Canadian Tire version much more than the Costco one.
I am using a normal gas stove, and the induction cooktop issue is not a problem in my case.
The costco one is heavier. But this does not make it more non-stickable. The thicker bottom material requires a longer time to heat it up to the right temperature. This adds non-necessary time for my cooking. And if the temperature is not warm enough, I feel it stick more easily.
I do have other cast Iron pots from staub so I really only want to use a pan to fry for quick dishes.
Actually, I use much more frequently with the Canadian tire one, as it is lighter thus easier to handle for me.
I would probably goes with another Canadian tire one if I have to choose.