Expired Hot Deals

Costco

iPhone 12 (128GB) $38 + 10GB plan $45 + $150 costco gift card + $100 fido credit + free accessories ($80 value)

Jr. Member
Jun 5, 2008
188 posts
117 upvotes
Xtrema wrote: iPhone 12 128GB is $1199 but OP's bill say $1236. So Fido's price is higher than Apple's MSRP.

That said, after GC, this is basically $700 iPhone 12 128GB on a $40/mth 10GB plan for 2 years. That's is a decent deal on an iPhone. A used one is almost that price.



I don't get OP's bill and why he had to pay $62 when he said 0 down.

He said $150 costco card and the 2nd line probably confirm he got those $150 GCs. But I don't see anything on that bill for $100 bill credit.

$40/mth for 1st year, $50 for 2nd but with $100 bill credit, it's basically only $50/mth for the last 2 months of the contract.

I have a feeling that in Sep, iPhone 11 will replace XR. 12 will replace 11 and we get 4 new 12s/13 in current 12's price.

So in 2 months, iPhone 12 128GB will have MSRP of $919. That's why telco's are ditching these quick.
Would you say now is a good time to get this?
Deal Fanatic
Sep 1, 2004
8889 posts
7919 upvotes
Sanctumus wrote: Would you say now is a good time to get this?
Hard to say, depends on you are glass half full or half empty person and how much you believe all the iPhone 12s/13 rumors are true :D

On one hand, you still get a $200 discount over a new iPhone 12 in 2 months when/if they adjust the price.

On the other hand, iPhone 12s/13 are rumored to have 120hz screen from Samsung and bigger battery to drive it along with a smaller notch.

So if you care about having the latest tech, it's meh unless that $40/mth 10GB plan entice you to switch to Fido.

If all you care is the Apple logo, and a cheap phone financing, it's a good deal.
Last edited by Xtrema on Jun 22nd, 2021 4:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Member
May 30, 2021
307 posts
387 upvotes
Xtrema wrote: iPhone 12 128GB is $1199 but OP's bill say $1236. So Fido's price is higher than Apple's MSRP.

That said, after GC, this is basically $700 iPhone 12 128GB on a $40/mth 10GB plan for 2 years. That's is a decent deal on an iPhone. A used one is almost that price.



I don't get OP's bill and why he had to pay $62 when he said 0 down.

He said $150 costco card and the 2nd line probably confirm he got those $150 GCs. But I don't see anything on that bill for $100 bill credit.

$40/mth for 1st year, $50 for 2nd but with $100 bill credit, it's basically only $50/mth for the last 2 months of the contract.

I have a feeling that in Sep, iPhone 11 will replace XR. 12 will replace 11 and we get 4 new 12s/13 in current 12's price.

So in 2 months, iPhone 12 128GB will have MSRP of $919. That's why telco's are ditching these quick.
Could the $62 be tax related?
Newbie
Mar 19, 2013
82 posts
27 upvotes
xCameron94 wrote: Could the $62 be tax related?
i believe the $62 is going from 64gb to 128gb storage for the phone
Deal Fanatic
Sep 1, 2004
8889 posts
7919 upvotes
xCameron94 wrote: Could the $62 be tax related?
Well, that works if OP is from AB. I'm just used to everyone from RFD is from GTA. :D

Also, if iPhone 12 get degraded to iPhone 11 status and price dropped to $919, GST would be $45.
Deal Addict
Nov 29, 2013
1609 posts
460 upvotes
Toronto
My fiancé just got a call from koodo and they offered her 55$ for 20gb with a lease on an iphone 12 64gb at $2 extra per month. With a buyout of 300 at the end of the 2 years or she could just give the phone back. The first bill would be a bit more than usual since she would have to pay tax on the phone $57. Never dealt with leasing a phone before so not sure if thats a good idea, I am wondering if this costco deal is better offer though?
Deal Addict
Oct 4, 2006
2874 posts
1723 upvotes
Toronto
Xtrema wrote:
I have a feeling that in Sep, iPhone 11 will replace XR. 12 will replace 11 and we get 4 new 12s/13 in current 12's price.

So in 2 months, iPhone 12 128GB will have MSRP of $919. That's why telco's are ditching these quick.
Hard to say, there is a risk the 12's may be removed altogether to get people to go for the 13. The 11 would then replace the 12.
Regardless, I think it's worth waiting a bit longer to see what other deals pop up.
The deals for iPhone 12's have definitely changed in the past few weeks, with more offers probably to come.
Last edited by blindemboss on Jun 22nd, 2021 5:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
May 31, 2008
1406 posts
970 upvotes
Toronto
JuniorMint wrote: Yeah this. Y'all should time your contract expirations with the Black Friday window as you get much cheaper plans, cheaper device prices (as the new ones will be out by then), and usually more $$ back in gift cards and bill credits.
this past year was crazy- stores sold out super quick.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Feb 18, 2013
4777 posts
7379 upvotes
BC
brensavoyton wrote: My fiancé just got a call from koodo and they offered her 55$ for 20gb with a lease on an iphone 12 64gb at $2 extra per month. With a buyout of 300 at the end of the 2 years or she could just give the phone back. The first bill would be a bit more than usual since she would have to pay tax on the phone $57. Never dealt with leasing a phone before so not sure if thats a good idea, I am wondering if this costco deal is better offer though?
Is your fiance currently with Koodo or was it a random call? I just got one this morning from Telus but I'm almost certain it was a scam.

If it's legit I didn't know Koodo started doing "bring it back" plans as well. Haven't crunched the numbers yet but the Koodo one seens like a better deal and also double data
Sr. Member
Sep 10, 2012
828 posts
535 upvotes
Saskatoon
Does anyone know what the latest is with the rollout of Dotmobile which is supposed to be Canada’s first virtual provider? I honestly can’t stomach paying the fees we do for much longer. Canada is ranked as one of the highest in the world for carrier fees, etc. This gouging is getting disgusting.
Member
Aug 28, 2007
410 posts
773 upvotes
Toronto
Went to Costco at warden and ellesmere and the guy wouldn’t give me the same deal. Only $50 Costco card with $62 down for 128gb phone.
No Fido credit because I’m existing Fido customer. He said $100 bonus for new customers only.
Jr. Member
Jan 4, 2015
159 posts
696 upvotes
London, ON
mitch8708 wrote: Does anyone know if Costco will just add the phone to your existing plan and still throw in all the bonuses. Current on an EPP for 20gb for $50 a month no contract and don't want to lose it.
I’m on rogers, the plan from a few christmas’ ago. It was 10GB for $65 or something. Anyway, they told me I could get the iPhone 12 for $35/month, $150 gift card, blue tooth buds, etc. No changes to my plan necessary. This was a few weeks ago. Didn’t pull the trigger though.
Member
Mar 9, 2004
206 posts
199 upvotes
Heres what I got offered at the Woodbine/7 Costco in Markham

Phone:
iPhone 12 64GB = 35.50x24months
iPhone 12 128GB = 35.50x24months + $64 down

Plan:
1 line - 10GB plan = $50 per month. $10 discount for 12 months. i.e. you pay $40 for month 1-12 and $50 for month 13 - 24
2 lines - 10GB plan = $50 per month. $10 discount for 12 months and $5 discount for 24 months

Other:
$100 Fido bill credit
$150 Costco card

Hope that helps clarify
Newbie
Nov 22, 2020
24 posts
2 upvotes
Is it worth getting this deal even though I have a plan with virgin 2 years contract, 35$/month 4GB with 1.5 year left….
Deal Addict
Feb 16, 2008
1675 posts
588 upvotes
Any idea if you can do this with a 12 mini?
Sr. Member
Jan 30, 2017
697 posts
109 upvotes
What’s the cheapest plan u can go with for this phone? Do u have to pick $45 10gb plan?
Member
Dec 9, 2008
225 posts
51 upvotes
Mississauga
Stankonia wrote: Heres what I got offered at the Woodbine/7 Costco in Markham

Phone:
iPhone 12 64GB = 35.50x24months
iPhone 12 128GB = 35.50x24months + $64 down

Plan:
1 line - 10GB plan = $50 per month. $10 discount for 12 months. i.e. you pay $40 for month 1-12 and $50 for month 13 - 24
2 lines - 10GB plan = $50 per month. $10 discount for 12 months and $5 discount for 24 months

Other:
$100 Fido bill credit
$150 Costco card

Hope that helps clarify
Thanks. So the 128GB iPhone cost is (35.50 x 24 + 64 ) = 916 + tax ? No other payment at the end ? And there are 150 Costco card + 100 Fido bill credit and 120 discount for the rate plan, so the final phone cost is around 665.08 ( for Ontario) , and a 50$ 10GB plan.
Member
Mar 9, 2004
206 posts
199 upvotes
austery wrote: Thanks. So the 128GB iPhone cost is (35.50 x 24 + 64 ) = 916 + tax ? No other payment at the end ? And there are 150 Costco card + 100 Fido bill credit and 120 discount for the rate plan, so the final phone cost is around 665.08 ( for Ontario) , and a 50$ 10GB plan.
Yep. Math looks good. Taxes are extra.
Sr. Member
User avatar
Aug 18, 2015
708 posts
568 upvotes
Halton, ON
Anyone knows if it is better to wait for Black Friday? Also, does this deal work for BYOD or do I need to get a phone?

Thanks in advance! Slightly Smiling FaceThumbs Up Sign
Member
Dec 9, 2008
225 posts
51 upvotes
Mississauga
I think this deal is pretty good for iPhone 12. Black Friday is the discount time for iPhone 12s ( or 13).

Top