• Last Updated:
  • Apr 29th, 2019 3:24 pm
Feb 13, 2015
966 posts
655 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
martlgore wrote:
Apr 26th, 2019 5:13 pm
I want a Mercedes Benz, if you remove a digit, it's a great deal!...
but the 6s isn't a mercedes benz, its a Ford
😎Thanks RFD😎
Deal Addict
Jan 4, 2011
4779 posts
1114 upvotes
DAMN !

Only 4 generation back.

HOOOOOOTTTTT

Its sad.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 28, 2006
9968 posts
1507 upvotes
Your amazon link shows $199, there is a $100 credit if you activate a new line of service by 5/31/2019, not a good deal because you can get similar price in Canada if you activate a line.
unodos wrote:
Apr 27th, 2019 3:22 pm
I don't have them handy
but one of it this
https://shop.totalwireless.com/shop/en/ ... s/f/os_ios
search for promo code ,to bring down the price by $60
here's another
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07K8L56DR

you can find if you can search on amazon
AT&T has some
Nov 23, 2014
266 posts
210 upvotes
Toronto, ON
82 wrote:
Apr 27th, 2019 5:01 pm
Your amazon link shows $199, there is a $100 credit if you activate a new line of service by 5/31/2019, not a good deal because you can get similar price in Canada if you activate a line.

It is prepaid line ,with no contract
activating line is only if you additionally want $100 amazon card
Deal Fanatic
Mar 28, 2006
9968 posts
1507 upvotes
So Amazon does not sell it for $100 USD. If you need to open a line in the States, why don't you do it locally at Koodo? You could get it for almost $0.00 CAD a week ago.
unodos wrote:
Apr 27th, 2019 6:53 pm
It is prepaid line ,with no contract
activating line is only if you additionally want $100 amazon card
Deal Guru
Feb 13, 2012
11861 posts
2646 upvotes
VANCOUVER
stevelam wrote:
Apr 27th, 2019 12:47 pm
oh WOW. 11000???? and what does this translate to in real life? will i be able to send texts or watch youtube WAY FASTER THAN EVER BEFORE? who cares.
Well, if that's all you're doing with your phone, even the 6S is an overkill.
Apr 19, 2010
981 posts
468 upvotes
Richmond
The Tee Daught wrote:
Apr 27th, 2019 11:22 am
Literally my most hated element of rfd’s. I think it’s just based on how many people view/respond. Same reason there are posts from like a year ago in the hot deals, cause 4000 people have discussed some crappy android watch from Verizon
How is there not some mechanism, or even an alert for mods to move deals with less than -25 score to Shopping Discussion or something.
Feb 13, 2015
966 posts
655 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
t6lock wrote:
Apr 27th, 2019 10:23 pm
How is there not some mechanism, or even an alert for mods to move deals with less than -25 score to Shopping Discussion or something.
I know right, this is red flag DEALS, and this isn't a deal at all, it's actually robbery. It's the opposite of what we're looking for. And there is other ways to get the 6s, for at least 100 or 200 less than this.
😎Thanks RFD😎
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2008
1600 posts
332 upvotes
Toronto
blackbirdman wrote:
Apr 27th, 2019 10:55 pm
I know right, this is red flag DEALS, and this isn't a deal at all, it's actually robbery. It's the opposite of what we're looking for. And there is other ways to get the 6s, for at least 100 or 200 less than this.
The price of a used iPhone 6S on Kijiji is over $200. If you get it used from a store it’s over $300. Used Galaxy 7’s are over $250, some with screen burn. That S7 is around the same age as the iPhone 6S. It no longer gets OS upgrades. The 6S will be getting upgrades for at least another year or two.

That $400 price is less than twice the typical price of a used iPhone 6S. Not bad at all. It may not be the greatest deal of all times but the only way you are going to get a cheaper one with AppleCare is via some questionable route of signing up for a plan, paying off the phone and then cancelling the plan. You might get away with it a few times but eventually it will catch up with you.

I have both the phones I mentioned. Both bought used. They are both great phones and certainly worth over $200. There are people who will not settle for anything less than a 6” screen, 4000 mAhr battery, fastest Snapdragon, etc... Specs are everything for some. For them any Apple phone will never be enough as they care less about support, ease of use, good resale value, etc... For these folks a $400 iPhone 6S is inconceivable. Nevertheless, a lot of people do not think that way and Apple phones don’t seem to have any problems selling. I guess we will see how long it takes for a Costco to either drop the price or sell out.

32 gigs is fine for most people. The mini iPad deal from Rogers, with more storage, was a similar price and sold out very quickly.

In any case, I’m glad the OP pointed this out. You’d be surprised at the number of people, not wishing to go on tabs, who are interested.
Dec 3, 2017
33 posts
14 upvotes
Damn 400$ for 32gb? You gotta be real dumb to buy this.
Banned
Nov 14, 2013
1701 posts
762 upvotes
Moncton
spoonloads wrote:
Apr 26th, 2019 4:35 pm
How is this hot? $400 for a 4 year old phone?
Because it’s actually supported, unlike a 2 year old android phone. But ya, you can do better.
Banned
Nov 14, 2013
1701 posts
762 upvotes
Moncton
pmcd wrote:
Apr 28th, 2019 12:44 am
The price of a used iPhone 6S on Kijiji is over $200. If you get it used from a store it’s over $300. Used Galaxy 7’s are over $250, some with screen burn. That S7 is around the same age as the iPhone 6S. It no longer gets OS upgrades. The 6S will be getting upgrades for at least another year or two.

That $400 price is less than twice the typical price of a used iPhone 6S. Not bad at all. It may not be the greatest deal of all times but the only way you are going to get a cheaper one with AppleCare is via some questionable route of signing up for a plan, paying off the phone and then cancelling the plan. You might get away with it a few times but eventually it will catch up with you.

I have both the phones I mentioned. Both bought used. They are both great phones and certainly worth over $200. There are people who will not settle for anything less than a 6” screen, 4000 mAhr battery, fastest Snapdragon, etc... Specs are everything for some. For them any Apple phone will never be enough as they care less about support, ease of use, good resale value, etc... For these folks a $400 iPhone 6S is inconceivable. Nevertheless, a lot of people do not think that way and Apple phones don’t seem to have any problems selling. I guess we will see how long it takes for a Costco to either drop the price or sell out.

32 gigs is fine for most people. The mini iPad deal from Rogers, with more storage, was a similar price and sold out very quickly.

In any case, I’m glad the OP pointed this out. You’d be surprised at the number of people, not wishing to go on tabs, who are interested.
Don’t bother, when it comes to phones most folks on this forum don’t know what they are buying. Not only do they not understand specs, they also don’t get the value of software support that android makers just don’t give us. Also the 6s holds up to midrange android phones and flagships that just dropped support, but with support. https://www.macrumors.com/2018/05/17/sa ... hone-6-ad/ See Samsung gets it, they compete with 4 year old iPhones.
Jul 13, 2015
23 posts
7 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
For new iphones, it seems like each year they raise the price for latest and greatest. One effect, intentional or not, will be also that the price of a 4 year old phone will increase every year too.

Hopefully the supply outstrips demand and we’ll see prices we more expect on future sales of this phone.

I usually would say used price + battery replacement price is fair deal for brand new of old iphone.