• Last Updated:
  • Apr 29th, 2019 3:24 pm
Feb 13, 2015
966 posts
659 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
pmcd wrote:
Apr 28th, 2019 12:44 am
The price of a used iPhone 6S on Kijiji is over $200. If you get it used from a store it’s over $300. Used Galaxy 7’s are over $250, some with screen burn. That S7 is around the same age as the iPhone 6S. It no longer gets OS upgrades. The 6S will be getting upgrades for at least another year or two.

That $400 price is less than twice the typical price of a used iPhone 6S. Not bad at all. It may not be the greatest deal of all times but the only way you are going to get a cheaper one with AppleCare is via some questionable route of signing up for a plan, paying off the phone and then cancelling the plan. You might get away with it a few times but eventually it will catch up with you.

I have both the phones I mentioned. Both bought used. They are both great phones and certainly worth over $200. There are people who will not settle for anything less than a 6” screen, 4000 mAhr battery, fastest Snapdragon, etc... Specs are everything for some. For them any Apple phone will never be enough as they care less about support, ease of use, good resale value, etc... For these folks a $400 iPhone 6S is inconceivable. Nevertheless, a lot of people do not think that way and Apple phones don’t seem to have any problems selling. I guess we will see how long it takes for a Costco to either drop the price or sell out.

32 gigs is fine for most people. The mini iPad deal from Rogers, with more storage, was a similar price and sold out very quickly.

In any case, I’m glad the OP pointed this out. You’d be surprised at the number of people, not wishing to go on tabs, who are interested.
Idk what your on about. But i speak from experience, i sold 3 6s' in my life. First one was great condition 32gb sold for 320 this was 2 years ago and it was still on ios 10. Second was used 32gb sold it last year, had the ad up for months until someone got it for 250$. Third one was my own personal 6S in pristine condition with all acessories and boxes, was only able to get 220$ for it. And that was 7 months ago. So i assume they're being wanted for even less than that now. You forget you can list any phone for any price but its what they're willing to pay for it that counts at the end of the day. Only a clueless minded person would buy a 6s for over 250$ even at brand new.

PS. The downvotes speak for itself. /discussion
😎Thanks RFD😎
Jul 24, 2018
77 posts
94 upvotes
MB
Nexzen wrote:
Apr 26th, 2019 4:40 pm
Its still well made and works beautifully, better quality product than any other phone out there at $399 and don’t give me no quad core 8gb ram android specs.
I don't use Android, so I could care less about specs. I have a iPhone X I got with the Fido winback promo.

Regardless, this is a cold deal.
Banned
Nov 14, 2013
1701 posts
762 upvotes
Moncton
freestuffiscool wrote:
Apr 28th, 2019 11:15 am
For new iphones, it seems like each year they raise the price for latest and greatest. One effect, intentional or not, will be also that the price of a 4 year old phone will increase every year too.

Hopefully the supply outstrips demand and we’ll see prices we more expect on future sales of this phone.

I usually would say used price + battery replacement price is fair deal for brand new of old iphone.
All new phones get more expensive, as does everything else for sale. Inflation is a real thing.
Deal Addict
Aug 22, 2012
3106 posts
2559 upvotes
Toronto
spoonloads wrote:
Apr 28th, 2019 1:33 pm
I don't use Android, so I could care less about specs. I have a iPhone X I got with the Fido winback promo.

Regardless, this is a cold deal.
Soooooooo you gna compare a win back promo to a phone anyone can buy outright.... ok.... the level of common sense is so low.
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2017
1417 posts
1035 upvotes
Toronto
pmcd wrote:
Apr 28th, 2019 12:44 am
The price of a used iPhone 6S on Kijiji is over $200. If you get it used from a store it’s over $300. Used Galaxy 7’s are over $250, some with screen burn. That S7 is around the same age as the iPhone 6S. It no longer gets OS upgrades. The 6S will be getting upgrades for at least another year or two.

That $400 price is less than twice the typical price of a used iPhone 6S. Not bad at all. It may not be the greatest deal of all times but the only way you are going to get a cheaper one with AppleCare is via some questionable route of signing up for a plan, paying off the phone and then cancelling the plan. You might get away with it a few times but eventually it will catch up with you.

I have both the phones I mentioned. Both bought used. They are both great phones and certainly worth over $200. There are people who will not settle for anything less than a 6” screen, 4000 mAhr battery, fastest Snapdragon, etc... Specs are everything for some. For them any Apple phone will never be enough as they care less about support, ease of use, good resale value, etc... For these folks a $400 iPhone 6S is inconceivable. Nevertheless, a lot of people do not think that way and Apple phones don’t seem to have any problems selling. I guess we will see how long it takes for a Costco to either drop the price or sell out.

32 gigs is fine for most people. The mini iPad deal from Rogers, with more storage, was a similar price and sold out very quickly.

In any case, I’m glad the OP pointed this out. You’d be surprised at the number of people, not wishing to go on tabs, who are interested.
blackbirdman wrote:
Apr 28th, 2019 11:21 am
Idk what your on about. But i speak from experience, i sold 3 6s' in my life. First one was great condition 32gb sold for 320 this was 2 years ago and it was still on ios 10. Second was used 32gb sold it last year, had the ad up for months until someone got it for 250$. Third one was my own personal 6S in pristine condition with all acessories and boxes, was only able to get 220$ for it. And that was 7 months ago. So i assume they're being wanted for even less than that now. You forget you can list any phone for any price but its what they're willing to pay for it that counts at the end of the day. Only a clueless minded person would buy a 6s for over 250$ even at brand new.

PS. The downvotes speak for itself. /discussion
I sold my pristine Mint Condition iPhone 6s 128gb for $150 after having it on kijiji for like 6 weeks. Only a few people showed interest.
Banned
Nov 14, 2013
1701 posts
762 upvotes
Moncton
FoMoHotDeals wrote:
Apr 28th, 2019 2:36 pm
I sold my pristine Mint Condition iPhone 6s 128gb for $150 after having it on kijiji for like 6 weeks. Only a few people showed interest.
Because everyone is afraid of buying a stolen iPhone...
Sep 26, 2016
16 posts
2 upvotes
Vaughan
Still good considering this is a new phone
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2017
1417 posts
1035 upvotes
Toronto
KevinC268 wrote:
Apr 28th, 2019 4:10 pm
Because everyone is afraid of buying a stolen iPhone...
That's not an issue if it's done the right way. I've sold and bought many things on kijiji without any issues.
Deal Addict
Jan 14, 2013
2248 posts
799 upvotes
Burnaby
"That's a nice iPhone you got there. Would be a shame if you were forced to update it and make it obsolete."
Banned
Nov 14, 2013
1701 posts
762 upvotes
Moncton
FoMoHotDeals wrote:
Apr 28th, 2019 9:31 pm
That's not an issue if it's done the right way. I've sold and bought many things on kijiji without any issues.
I dont think most people know what to look out for, just that a stolen iphone could very well be useless.
Sep 13, 2012
603 posts
268 upvotes
Vaughan, ON
Psykopathik wrote:
Apr 28th, 2019 9:35 pm
"That's a nice iPhone you got there. Would be a shame if you were forced to update it and make it obsolete."
I'll admit I'm not an iPhone expert but knew enough from horror stories to be leery of iOs updates when my wife had the 6 as recently as last year. I ensured the phone was updated to the latest version of iOs then posted a screen shot in the kijiji ad after wiping the phone and restarting it. Had immediate interest and sold it quickly for a fair price all around. When I met the buyer I had him test everything and he assured me everything functioned properly, no wifi lag, etc. Mind you this was last year and guessing iOs 10.Xish? Who knows how it would function with iOs 12.Xish?

Having said that just wanted to add before anyone plunks down serious cash for a 6 from Costco actually phone your wireless provider and escalate to management and see where you stand in terms of a worthwhile upgrade. Last summer we received free iPhone 8 & 8 Plus models with no tab, no contract, cheaper plans, and more data from Rogers without any strings. Don't underestimate what your tenure, payment history, etc. can achieve for you - and you'll never know unless you inquire. Sure would be a shame to invest in a 6 when you can land something better.
Banned
Nov 14, 2013
1701 posts
762 upvotes
Moncton
100Pacer wrote:
Apr 29th, 2019 8:09 am
I'll admit I'm not an iPhone expert but knew enough from horror stories to be leery of iOs updates when my wife had the 6 as recently as last year. I ensured the phone was updated to the latest version of iOs then posted a screen shot in the kijiji ad after wiping the phone and restarting it. Had immediate interest and sold it quickly for a fair price all around. When I met the buyer I had him test everything and he assured me everything functioned properly, no wifi lag, etc. Mind you this was last year and guessing iOs 10.Xish? Who knows how it would function with iOs 12.Xish?

Having said that just wanted to add before anyone plunks down serious cash for a 6 from Costco actually phone your wireless provider and escalate to management and see where you stand in terms of a worthwhile upgrade. Last summer we received free iPhone 8 & 8 Plus models with no tab, no contract, cheaper plans, and more data from Rogers without any strings. Don't underestimate what your tenure, payment history, etc. can achieve for you - and you'll never know unless you inquire. Sure would be a shame to invest in a 6 when you can land something better.
ios 12 works great on an iphone 6s, it was actually a boost in performance even for the 6. https://9to5mac.com/2018/06/05/ios-12-s ... r-devices/
Deal Addict
Jun 21, 2008
2694 posts
331 upvotes
Toronto
Allan62 wrote:
Apr 28th, 2019 4:20 pm
Still good considering this is a new phone
No where on the page, the invoice/receipt, fine print, etc does it mention that it's new.