• Last Updated:
  • Apr 29th, 2019 3:24 pm
Feb 22, 2017
64 posts
79 upvotes
toronto, ON
dtaylorl wrote:
Apr 26th, 2019 5:29 pm
Eh, it may not be a great deal, but I've been looking for a new iPhone at a decent price with more than 32GB and they're hard to find. Kijiji can be risky, and all the Koodo phones are really limited on storage. Considering this.
Look for top rated sellers on eBay, lots of good quality iPhone 6s' for about $200, including several Canadian sites. I've bought phones off of them before and never had any issues. I'm an android user but the wife likes her iDevices, ugh.
Feb 22, 2017
64 posts
79 upvotes
toronto, ON
100Pacer wrote:
Apr 29th, 2019 8:09 am
I'll admit I'm not an iPhone expert but knew enough from horror stories to be leery of iOs updates when my wife had the 6 as recently as last year. I ensured the phone was updated to the latest version of iOs then posted a screen shot in the kijiji ad after wiping the phone and restarting it. Had immediate interest and sold it quickly for a fair price all around. When I met the buyer I had him test everything and he assured me everything functioned properly, no wifi lag, etc. Mind you this was last year and guessing iOs 10.Xish? Who knows how it would function with iOs 12.Xish?

Having said that just wanted to add before anyone plunks down serious cash for a 6 from Costco actually phone your wireless provider and escalate to management and see where you stand in terms of a worthwhile upgrade. Last summer we received free iPhone 8 & 8 Plus models with no tab, no contract, cheaper plans, and more data from Rogers without any strings. Don't underestimate what your tenure, payment history, etc. can achieve for you - and you'll never know unless you inquire. Sure would be a shame to invest in a 6 when you can land something better.
Are you sure you don't have a contract with those two new phones? Sometimes what they say on the phone isn't what's actually being set up on their end. I have never heard of a major carrier giving away phones with no contract and no tab... why would they do that?
Sep 13, 2012
610 posts
271 upvotes
Vaughan, ON
Kareth wrote:
Apr 29th, 2019 11:27 am
Are you sure you don't have a contract with those two new phones? Sometimes what they say on the phone isn't what's actually being set up on their end. I have never heard of a major carrier giving away phones with no contract and no tab... why would they do that?
Yes I’m sure: I agreed to 5GB unlimited everything for $45 less 25% off for 2 years no tab no contract (for the first 8 months the system applied the 25% off twice) and I took the 8 while my wife received 10GB unlimited everything for $70 less 25% off for 2 years no tab no contract and an 8 Plus (was supposed to be an 8). Received this from the advisor at office of the President. The phones were charged on the invoice @ MSRP for the full price which was followed on a separate line with a credit for the full amount bringing the total to zero for both devices. I had been escalating for specific issues and to be honest the solution I had envisioned didn’t involve free devices with no strings attached - I believe the advisor just wanted to resolve several things at once whilst also making it appear he put through a couple of iPhones for full cost (but not really).
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2014
1587 posts
1411 upvotes
Richmond Hill, ON
100Pacer wrote:
Apr 29th, 2019 12:26 pm
Yes I’m sure: I agreed to 5GB unlimited everything for $45 less 25% off for 2 years no tab no contract (for the first 8 months the system applied the 25% off twice) and I took the 8 while my wife received 10GB unlimited everything for $70 less 25% off for 2 years no tab no contract and an 8 Plus (was supposed to be an 8). Received this from the advisor at office of the President. The phones were charged on the invoice @ MSRP
Yep, office of the president can literally do whatever they want to make their customers happy. I got 500 off a phone this way.
Feb 22, 2017
64 posts
79 upvotes
toronto, ON
100Pacer wrote:
Apr 29th, 2019 12:26 pm
Yes I’m sure: I agreed to 5GB unlimited everything for $45 less 25% off for 2 years no tab no contract (for the first 8 months the system applied the 25% off twice) and I took the 8 while my wife received 10GB unlimited everything for $70 less 25% off for 2 years no tab no contract and an 8 Plus (was supposed to be an 8). Received this from the advisor at office of the President. The phones were charged on the invoice @ MSRP for the full price which was followed on a separate line with a credit for the full amount bringing the total to zero for both devices. I had been escalating for specific issues and to be honest the solution I had envisioned didn’t involve free devices with no strings attached - I believe the advisor just wanted to resolve several things at once whilst also making it appear he put through a couple of iPhones for full cost (but not really).
well, great deal for a very specific situation but hugely YMMV. Worth a try though if you're with Rogers.
Dec 3, 2005
321 posts
37 upvotes
142 downvotes and the thread is still going. Pretty sure admins like this thread a lot
Sep 13, 2012
610 posts
271 upvotes
Vaughan, ON
Kareth wrote:
Apr 29th, 2019 3:21 pm
well, great deal for a very specific situation but hugely YMMV. Worth a try though if you're with Rogers.
Obviously a specific situation but as I said prior it's worth checking with the majors for current technology just to be sure before investing in a 6 from Costco. Spring/Summer deals are just around the corner.