Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Costco

iPower SUA12000E PORTABLE GENERATOR - $850.14

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 30th, 2020 10:30 am
May 6, 2017
28 posts
52 upvotes

[Costco] iPower SUA12000E PORTABLE GENERATOR - $850.14

Purchased today in Saint John, NB. Discontinued model but excellent price. Haven’t seen anything close to this price for the amount of power. Reviews seem decent. (Check Amazon.com)

9000 watt continuous 12,000 watt starting power Generator. Push button start.

https://a-ipower.com/product/sua12000e- ... generator/

YMMV
Images
  • 8792E573-7931-4FED-8105-82925FB7F44A.jpeg
  • 3697E8F6-9802-4CE1-85D6-6D17CD9693BF.jpeg
21 replies
Deal Addict
Feb 26, 2006
4628 posts
3267 upvotes
Ottawa
EASY TO ASSEMBLE AND READY TO GO

Four NEMA 120VAC 20A GFCI-Protected Outlets
One NEMA 120/240VAC 30A, L14-30R Twist- Lock Outlet
One NEMA 120/240VAC 50A 14-50R Industrial-Grade Outlet

One 12VDC 8.3A ADAPTER PLUG
For charging the battery or with USB adapter
May 6, 2017
28 posts
52 upvotes
Took me 20 minutes to get it setup and running.

Install 2 wheels, add oil and gas (comes dry) attached the positive battery cable and fired up almost instantly with a single press of the start button.

It is HEAVY but the handle enables me to tow it around reasonably, considering its size (it is 12000 watt after all)
May 6, 2017
28 posts
52 upvotes
The short answer is yes, the long answer is for an electrician to answer. How long, etc .... all depends on the draw your car has vs the output.

But lots of articles showing it’s totally possible, and given the size of this I suspect it might do a fairly decent job(?).

Interested in opinions on this one ....
Aug 18, 2016
279 posts
346 upvotes
RedStrikeCa wrote: Can I use this to charge my electric car in case of prolonged power outage?
Virtue signal much
Deal Fanatic
Jan 4, 2011
5820 posts
3846 upvotes
West Vancouver
That is cool and all but is it actually sold elsewhere than f..... St-John ?
Aug 18, 2016
279 posts
346 upvotes
RedStrikeCa wrote: This is a legitimate scenario. You drive an electric car and there is a prolonged power outage so you need a backup way to charge your car. It happend before where power was out for days.
Alrighty then, the only way that statement could be more virtue signalling is if you asked if you could use it to bring power to the homelessWinking Face
May 6, 2017
28 posts
52 upvotes
It’s Costco .. stated ymmv ....

RFD’ers tomorrow will let us all know I’m sure. I suspect it is available elsewhere considering it’s a discontinued item.
Deal Guru
Sep 6, 2002
11549 posts
5377 upvotes
Moving target
RedStrikeCa wrote: Can I use this to charge my electric car in case of prolonged power outage?
I’m confused. Don’t you associate these with horse and buggy?
Autocorrect sucks
Deal Guru
Sep 6, 2002
11549 posts
5377 upvotes
Moving target
RedStrikeCa wrote: This is a legitimate scenario. You drive an electric car and there is a prolonged power outage so you need a backup way to charge your car. It happend before where power was out for days.
You can’t afford a Tesla powerwall?
Autocorrect sucks
May 6, 2017
28 posts
52 upvotes
Thread hijacked :( legit question on the car charging.

Back on track. Anyone sees these tomorrow elsewhere let everyone know.

I thought it was great enough of a deal to share.
Deal Addict
Aug 13, 2020
1573 posts
6941 upvotes
Vancouver Island
I don't think you can use this generator with anything "Electronic" safely as it's Not an "Inverter Generator." It only delivers "dirty" power.

I tried one years ago on a Server with a UPS + Power Bar and it did Not work. The UPS was complaining (Noise and Red Error light) and did Not charge.

Deal Addict
Feb 26, 2006
4628 posts
3267 upvotes
Ottawa
IslandDeal wrote: I don't think you can use this generator with anything "Electronic" safely as it's Not an "Inverter Generator." It only delivers "dirty" power.

I tried one years ago on a Server with a UPS + Power Bar and it did Not work. The UPS was complaining (Noise and Red Error light) and did Not charge.
Believe you are correct sir. And dudes question is fair.
Ottawa had six tornadoes, one knocked out a power station.. People didn't have power for days - week. Pumping station damaged as well, so water pressure was messed up if I recall. Who plans for six tornadoes hitting your area at once? And seriously, if there's no power.. How do you charge your car that is running on low battery.. Hope for the rfd sarcasm committee to comment it to full power?
Deal Addict
Dec 19, 2007
4912 posts
4932 upvotes
Ontario
shylok wrote: Believe you are correct sir. And dudes question is fair.
Ottawa had six tornadoes, one knocked out a power station.. People didn't have power for days - week. Pumping station damaged as well, so water pressure was messed up if I recall. Who plans for six tornadoes hitting your area at once? And seriously, if there's no power.. How do you charge your car that is running on low battery.. Hope for the rfd sarcasm committee to comment it to full power?
You don't. You stay home.
---
Deal Addict
Feb 26, 2006
4628 posts
3267 upvotes
Ottawa
kanechart wrote: You don't. You stay home.
The city didn't empty out like an apocalypse movie... If that's what you're suggesting should and did happen lol.
Deal Guru
Sep 6, 2002
11549 posts
5377 upvotes
Moving target
shylok wrote: Believe you are correct sir. And dudes question is fair.
CAA PLUS... tow it somewhere with power
Autocorrect sucks
Deal Expert
Feb 8, 2014
32149 posts
15428 upvotes
Socially Distanced
GangStarr wrote: CAA PLUS... tow it somewhere with power
Even better, charge it by towing it. Its been done.
https://insideevs.com/news/382196/rapto ... -3-towing/
Also its more efficient to power an EV with a generator then by using that fossil fuel in a combustion engine.
https://insideevs.com/news/336627/tesla ... e-w-video/

You can live out of and EV for days, it can maintain the temperature. Teslas also have camping mode.
https://insideevs.com/news/342319/eight ... mps-video/

If gas stations run out of fuel you can simply drive to where electricity is still running (if your local power goes out) and worse comes to worse charge from a regular household outlet (even though that takes a long time).

And even better, many EVs have power outlets, so you can run things in your home off them in a crunch. Keeping your fridge operating can save you money in food loss plus give you resilience in an emergency situation. If EVs come out with V2G you can use your EV to make money selling power to the grid during high demand periods or better yet power your entire house.

So given a choice an EV is better than an ICE vehicle in emergency situations.
In fact in Rand McNally they wear hats on their feet and hamburgers eat people
Deal Addict
Jul 5, 2008
2178 posts
2040 upvotes
By the Large Bay
Coz4k wrote: That is cool and all but is it actually sold elsewhere than f..... St-John ?
Nobody else in Canada is willing to listen to a large open frame generator running Face With Tears Of Joy
Jan 10, 2005
530 posts
254 upvotes
Anyone know what the %THD is at max load? I am finding anything from 5-10%. Nothing on the company website...
Deal Guru
Aug 17, 2008
10990 posts
13540 upvotes
Price match opportunity at HD? I don't need it, so GL.

Model # SUA12000E CSA|Store SKU # 1001041560

https://www.homedepot.ca/product/a-i-po ... 1001041560
Images
  • DBEA77F7-18FC-4B4F-B3A4-533862D2A1E7.jpeg
Answer not a fool according to his folly, lest thou also be like unto him = Never argue with an idiot, they'll only bring you down to their level & beat you with experience

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)