Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Costco

iRobot Roomba 677 Wi-Fi Connected Vacuuming Robot - $299.99 Delivered

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 1st, 2020 6:36 pm
Apr 18, 2013
911 posts
888 upvotes
raptors909 wrote: Roombas are good to clean under the couch and hard to reach spots. I'm always surprised at how much dust it picks up.

I can't comment on this roomba, but mine is also very loud and annoying to have on.

Typically I use it before guest come over, as I am frantically cleaning the house anyways and don't mind the noise.

I don't think a roomba can replace a dyson, but it does help a bit.
I found it to be opposite. The robots are good in open areas. Mine would get stuck on legs, wedge underneath things or would be banging into things,

I got rid of my "dumb" robot vacuum because of the layout of my house and how much it would damage things or waste time

I have had my S360 for a year now and it maps out everything perfectly. Set boundaries on the app, saves multiple floors, big dust bin, auto return and restart. Honestly once you get a mapping one it is hard to go back. Regardless I still need to vacuum from time to time but it has cut down vacuuming 1-2 times a day to 1-2 times a week. If I didn't have heavy shedding dogs I would rarely have to vacuum.
Mar 14, 2007
568 posts
527 upvotes
Brunswich
I'm torn between this Roomba and the Shark IQ robot. Both have their pros and cons. Can anyone weigh in on this?
Nov 25, 2008
479 posts
939 upvotes
SigBro wrote: I'm torn between this Roomba and the Shark IQ robot. Both have their pros and cons. Can anyone weigh in on this?
I have ilife a4s (dumb robot) and shark IQ (smart robot). I would imagine the roomba is somewhere in between.

Here's the most noticeable pros/cons of the shark iq:

Pros:
- Significantly less maintenance - self emptying base and roller (as opposed to brush), overall maintenance is weeks rather than every 3 days
- more efficient - less bumping around and just cleaner

Con:
- not versatile - only use it on main floor where theres most traffic. Cant move to another floor cuz it has to re-map.

So I'd go with shark IQ unless u plan to use on multiple floors. Hope that helps.
Mar 14, 2007
568 posts
527 upvotes
Brunswich
DraKoLich wrote: I have ilife a4s (dumb robot) and shark IQ (smart robot). I would imagine the roomba is somewhere in between.

Here's the most noticeable pros/cons of the shark iq:

Pros:
- Significantly less maintenance - self emptying base and roller (as opposed to brush), overall maintenance is weeks rather than every 3 days
- more efficient - less bumping around and just cleaner

Con:
- not versatile - only use it on main floor where theres most traffic. Cant move to another floor cuz it has to re-map.

So I'd go with shark IQ unless u plan to use on multiple floors. Hope that helps.
Thanks. I currently have an ilife 3 and it's seen better days. Does an okay job, but I've had to replace the motor on it once and now the brush motors went.

From everything I can see, the Shark seems to be the best as well...even if the mapping doesn't work the best, it's better than what I have right now. I wasn't sure if the shark was really worth the extra money or not...especially where I have the extra $50 off coupon for Costco to use before the end of the month.

Thanks for the great comparison, I think I'll go with my original thought and get the Shark.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 8, 2005
6652 posts
1509 upvotes
Ontario
Ordered early this morning, shipped later today and expected delivery tomorrow. Incredible.
Jul 19, 2006
481 posts
252 upvotes
I bought the e6 , but since this is $100 cheaper, I just ordered and gonna compare. As long as the suction is as good, i'll return the e6 as i don't need 2 of those motion pieces.
Deal Addict
Oct 31, 2010
1904 posts
1508 upvotes
BenzDude11 wrote: How are these Rooma's with for example dog poop. Will it avoid it or will it smear it all along the house?

Always wanted one of these but since I have a dog and hes home alone during my work-day..
I assume that your dog poops on a pad, and not anywhere in the house :-) I don't know how the Roomba works, but the Shark IQ comes with adhesive strips that you can use to set boundaries for the robot.
Jan 13, 2020
3 posts
5 upvotes
Roomba numbering de-mystified:
My first Roomba was a series 300 then I had a series 400 ( circa 2006). Then I bought a Deebot in summer 2019 and was so unimpressed that I quickly gave it to my tenant and bought a series 800 for my house and a series 700 for my cottage. Enough 'pre-amble' . Here's the 'meat':
Series 300, 400, and 500 were ok but not remarkable in terms of suction
Series 600, the ones on sale, are significantly better.
Series 700 was a transition model that wasn't even as good as the series 500 and it has a badly designed filter so skip it!
But, with series 800, Roomba designed a very good robot vacuum. Great dirt detection, great cliff sensors, easy clean bin, easy clean filters. 5x the suction of the series 600. Easy on-board scheduling. I'd say series 800 is the sweet spot between function and value
They improved again, especially suction, with i7 and 900 series but they charge for all the extra tech and connectivity.
So the other question is 'what's the difference within the series; between say, 860 and 870? '
The difference is in the accessories and the intended retailer. Retailers differentiate themselves by color, by number of accessories and, by price. For example, I believe, Costco's 800 series Roomba's are black and called 860 and come with a certain accessory package.
My advice
1. Buy Roomba not brand x
2 buy series 800 (or later)
3 WiFi capability may be nice, but it's really better to be there when Roomba runs ... In case the bin gets surprisingly full . Or it gets tangled in an overlooked dangling lamp cord and tries to drag it across the room
4. Roomba is definitely suitable for pet owners! But even non pet households will be amazed at how much cleaner your carpets, hardwood ,vinyl and even basement cement floors will be
5.for those thinking Roomba is expensive, consider my math (I have pets and like to vacuum every day): 30 minutes a day x360 days a year ... So how much is 180 hours of freed-up-time per year worth to you?
6 by the way, several on line retailers offer refurbished series 800 around $350. I bought mine from Walmart because of the 90 day satisfaction guaranteed. It turned out to be a Costco model. Had a few surface scratches, but heck, it's a vacuum and it performs very well!
7 Be sure to buy some spare filters and side brushes. The brushes wear. And I wash my filter every Saturday and swap out with a clean dry one
8 One caution: Roomba hates black! Stripes or patterns in black on floor or carpet will stop Roomba dead in it's tracks. It thinks there's a big cliff!
Deal Addict
Oct 5, 2008
1859 posts
931 upvotes
Well, $288.99 tax in delivered, I couldn't resist the deal. Smiling Face With Open Mouth
Deal Addict
Jul 21, 2005
3432 posts
1397 upvotes
Lévis
h00pla wrote: I found it to be opposite. The robots are good in open areas. Mine would get stuck on legs, wedge underneath things or would be banging into things,

I got rid of my "dumb" robot vacuum because of the layout of my house and how much it would damage things or waste time

I have had my S360 for a year now and it maps out everything perfectly. Set boundaries on the app, saves multiple floors, big dust bin, auto return and restart. Honestly once you get a mapping one it is hard to go back. Regardless I still need to vacuum from time to time but it has cut down vacuuming 1-2 times a day to 1-2 times a week. If I didn't have heavy shedding dogs I would rarely have to vacuum.
Which 360 you have? I'm tempted by the S5 (don't really want mopping).
Pourquoi pas?
Jan 14, 2020
12 posts
9 upvotes
This video shows a quick comparison of the Roomba 6 series and talk more about the 690 series, which i believe is quite similar to 677 model.

Apr 18, 2013
911 posts
888 upvotes
SPARTACVS wrote: Which 360 you have? I'm tempted by the S5 (don't really want mopping).
Yeah that is what I have. Only issue I have had is my wife bought some rugs that have long pieces on it and it pulled it out. But i now have anything like that blocked off on the app which is a massive plus. Even though it does a decent job in between legs on chairs - it wastes a lot of time navigating through still so I just block that off as well. The charge and resume is great as well as I am in a 3,000 sq ft plus bungalow so it does the whole house while im gone.

Here is a screen shot of a mapped out house
Images
  • sweep.png
Deal Addict
Jul 21, 2005
3432 posts
1397 upvotes
Lévis
h00pla wrote: Yeah that is what I have. Only issue I have had is my wife bought some rugs that have long pieces on it and it pulled it out. But i now have anything like that blocked off on the app which is a massive plus. Even though it does a decent job in between legs on chairs - it wastes a lot of time navigating through still so I just block that off as well. The charge and resume is great as well as I am in a 3,000 sq ft plus bungalow so it does the whole house while im gone.

Here is a screen shot of a mapped out house
yeah, look like a great vacuum. I'm tempted to buy it at walmart for 460$. But 360 customer service seems subpar.
Pourquoi pas?
Apr 18, 2013
911 posts
888 upvotes
SPARTACVS wrote: yeah, look like a great vacuum. I'm tempted to buy it at walmart for 460$. But 360 customer service seems subpar.
I did not know walmart carried it now. I got it off Gear best for 289.99. They constantly had it as a flash sale. That is the only purchase I made through Gear best so I do not know how hard it would be to get anything resolved if there was an issue. But at that time an equivalent vacuum was more than double so I thought it was worth the risk considering all reviews and tests were positive and it was not available anywhere else more reputable.

Right now it is on for $299.99
Deal Addict
Apr 18, 2013
4313 posts
2738 upvotes
Canada
Will this fall down the stairs, or is it smart enough not to fall down stairs?
Jan 14, 2020
12 posts
9 upvotes
It will not fall of the stairs, it has a pretty good depth detection. In fact, if sense anything black, it will avoid moving forward and will reroute. So if you have carpet that's black or has black patterns, it will not go past it.
Deal Guru
Dec 11, 2008
13067 posts
3756 upvotes
sweetshazu wrote: It will not fall of the stairs, it has a pretty good depth detection. In fact, if sense anything black, it will avoid moving forward and will reroute. So if you have carpet that's black or has black patterns, it will not go past it.
So when you say black. How does it sense black material vs darkness?

I assume Roomba's don't have to be run with lights on...
Jan 14, 2020
12 posts
9 upvotes
speedyforme wrote: So when you say black. How does it sense black material vs darkness?

I assume Roomba's don't have to be run with lights on...
i dont know exactly how it works, but yeh anything dark (even dark grey) it tends to avoid those areas.

With regards to the lights on, i have observed it has a hard time getting back to the base if the lights are off. Once the lights are on, it is much better at finding its way back to the charging base. So i think having lights on makes a difference.
Deal Guru
Dec 11, 2008
13067 posts
3756 upvotes
sweetshazu wrote: i dont know exactly how it works, but yeh anything dark (even dark grey) it tends to avoid those areas.

With regards to the lights on, i have observed it has a hard time getting back to the base if the lights are off. Once the lights are on, it is much better at finding its way back to the charging base. So i think having lights on makes a difference.
Awesome thanks. Never had one before so I may just pick this up and see how it works since Costco has a great return policy.

And after reading comments it looks like it may work for us since we don't have black flooring (dark brown though) and no pets nor kids etc.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)