[Costco] Its also back: HP Envy x360 bundle - 4700U, 8GB, 1TB, Hub, Pen - $1099

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 24th, 2021 8:28 pm
[OP]
Oct 1, 2020
118 posts
61 upvotes

[Costco] Its also back: HP Envy x360 bundle - 4700U, 8GB, 1TB, Hub, Pen - $1099

Its back, I saw that this was very popular the first time around.

4700U
Ram Upgradable (2x SODIMM)
1TB NVMe
250 Nit Screen
USB-C Hub
Pen

Costco return policy and warrantee
935 in stock - Seems like the Ryzens are slowly coming back in stock.

Original Thread - costco-hp-envy-x360-15-ee0003ca-2-1-lap ... 9-2381837/
78 replies
Feb 24, 2018
425 posts
203 upvotes
Texblis wrote: It has a Bilingual Keyboard.
My mother has the 13" version and it's not really a billingual keyboard like the usual ones. The enter/shift keys for example look like they do on a normal keyboard, no weird positioning. They just have the French letter symbol in small on the top I think so you can pretty much ignore it.

Someone confirm if that's true for the 15.6" version.

The 13" one is on sale for $899 at BB, it's 8 GB RAM and 4500U but I think that's more than enough right now for average users. It's quite fast as well, one of the better rated laptops to come out this past year and I say this as someone who doesn't like HP but certainly better build quality than the Inspiron or Flex lines so far or the Lenovo I got last year.
Deal Addict
Jul 22, 2014
1393 posts
3990 upvotes
Calgary, AB
Based on reviews it looks like they have huge quality control issues.
[OP]
Oct 1, 2020
118 posts
61 upvotes
The other thread said it was an ANSI layout, so not the bad kind of bilingual keyboard.
Dec 10, 2012
222 posts
238 upvotes
I've had this since July and might get rid of it. The rubber pads on it have fallen off, once the screen stayed upside down for a day, sometimes it makes a weird noise that only goes away with shutdown, loaded with crap since it is a big corp laptop, the fan settings on it are mysterious and horribly loud when it doesn't need to be, and a few times it updated the BIOS(!!) when it had like 10% battery life unexpectedly. There's more but I forget.
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2014
2429 posts
2544 upvotes
Richmond Hill, ON
good, more symbols, better value
Nov 24, 2018
528 posts
531 upvotes
Montreal, Quebec
How good are RYZEN 7?
Compare to intel i5? or i7?
===========
Zoomer 22.5$ unlimited calls/ text + Fido 5$ 4GB; Dual sim P30 Lite.
On Waitlist for QC coverage for Freedom mobile 99$/yr.
Sep 1, 2015
651 posts
798 upvotes
blyndfyre wrote: Based on reviews it looks like they have huge quality control issues.
That's what buying from Costco is for. 2 years of peace of mind and easy returns or exchanges.
BertL67369 wrote: How good are RYZEN 7?
Compare to intel i5? or i7?
Much, much better. At this point, Intel is almost a nonfactor in anything. Completely demolished in laptop CPU's with the Ryzen 4000 series let alone the upcoming 5000 ones, and then they've been dethroned in gaming, single core peformance with the new Ryzen 5000 Zen3 desktop CPU's. It's why once I returned my Dell 4700u, I am now jumping on this. The bilingual keyboard a non factor but the 1tb SSD, wifi-6 and bluetooth 5.0 will be peace of mind. I wish the screen was the 300 or 400 nit variant. Comes January 4th for me, so will let you know how it is. Still have my HyperX Impact memory from my Dell purchase to swap out and put in this.

The only real concern I have is this fan turning on at odd times issue. Hopefully it's ironed out soon.
Oct 15, 2016
15 posts
1 upvote
https://www.costco.ca/hp-envy-x360-15-e ... 10193.html

I can't make up my mind between the 4700U and i7-1165G7.

4700U is faster with mutlthread benchmark (cpumark better than i7-11 by 30 percent)
But i7-11 is faster single-threaded
plus i7's integrated graphics is much better (some gaming benchmark shows double frame rate) than 4700u

i don't game but i keep my laptop for a long time (5-8 years) and eventually the integrated graphics matter even when you don't game. (e.g. video decompression, etc)
Deal Expert
Aug 26, 2001
17804 posts
1373 upvotes
Richmond Hill, ON
blyndfyre wrote: Based on reviews it looks like they have huge quality control issues.
sadly thats like all non-Apple laptops these days

dell xps ... qc issues
lenovo yoga's or thinkpads ... qc issues
anything HP? ... qc issues

don't get me wrong, i'm a Windows laptop user, but it's annoying how everything Windows is riddled with QC issues
Deal Guru
Jul 8, 2009
10701 posts
5043 upvotes
What kind of games can something like this play?
Sims? gta? fortnight?
ING Direct since the beginning! Tangerine to the end!
Public Mobile user!
EQ BANK!
SIMPLii !!
Buy first think later!
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2014
2429 posts
2544 upvotes
Richmond Hill, ON
blazed16 wrote: What kind of games can something like this play?
Sims? gta? fortnight?
Ryzen Vega GPUs can play almost all new AAA games, just at very low settings and resolutions. Those games in particular you mentioned, it can play GTA and Fortnite at around medium to high settings at 1080p resolution (my nephew plays those and he has a Ryzen 3400G)
Sep 1, 2015
651 posts
798 upvotes
user3127 wrote: https://www.costco.ca/hp-envy-x360-15-e ... 10193.html

I can't make up my mind between the 4700U and i7-1165G7.

4700U is faster with mutlthread benchmark (cpumark better than i7-11 by 30 percent)
But i7-11 is faster single-threaded
plus i7's integrated graphics is much better (some gaming benchmark shows double frame rate) than 4700u

i don't game but i keep my laptop for a long time (5-8 years) and eventually the integrated graphics matter even when you don't game. (e.g. video decompression, etc)
It is still integrated graphics though. I would say having that true 8 core processor and multithread performance better than the slight lead in single core especially as time goes on. If you truly need more longevity, I would tell you to go up to one of the gaming models that have a more power hungry cpu like the 4800h, and a dedicated 1660ti or something. Or even to one of the RTX models.

But honestly, tech moving so rapidly, anything you buy will be beaten soon. The new Ryzen 5500u and 5700u benchmarks are showing up and they're much better than these Renoir 4 series ones.

It really comes down to your specific use case. This is not going to be a gaming laptop AT ALL for me. Just used for programs, work, browsing. I don't foresee anything in the next 5 years that will cause any hiccups, honestly. I'm bumping the memory to 32gb too. But even 16gb is plenty.
Deal Addict
Jul 3, 2002
4837 posts
164 upvotes
GTA
I’ve had this for several months and it’s been a fantastic machine.
Rock it.
Deal Addict
Nov 28, 2011
1038 posts
1058 upvotes
Toronto
Someone has already mentioned this, but I swing by every HP laptop post to clarify with the below (because it's not fair to another user to miss out on a deal due to misinformation).

It's likely an ANSI keyboard with bilingual markings (to be eligible for sale in Quebec).
It's likely not an ISO-layout keyboard (which is what I'm assuming you're actually concerned about, based on your comment).

Can't confirm as I haven't seen this model myself, but 99% of all HP laptops I've used, or seen at big box stores, have the ANSI layout.
Images
  • 680x481_smart_fit.jpg
Deal Addict
Feb 16, 2006
4457 posts
1436 upvotes
Vancouver
Not interested unless I know the screen gamut coverage. For editing images when traveling.... doh! never mind, probably won't need it for another 6 months.

Deal Addict
Nov 14, 2006
2214 posts
969 upvotes
Waterloo
Wolfdale wrote: Someone has already mentioned this, but I swing by every HP laptop post to clarify with the below (because it's not fair to another user to miss out on a deal due to misinformation).

It's likely an ANSI keyboard with bilingual markings (to be eligible for sale in Quebec).
It's likely not an ISO-layout keyboard (which is what I'm assuming you're actually concerned about, based on your comment).

Can't confirm as I haven't seen this model myself, but 99% of all HP laptops I've used, or seen at big box stores, have the ANSI layout.
Can confirm this is an ANSI keyboard.
Congratulations!
Today is YOUR day.
You're off to great places!
You're off and away!