Expired Hot Deals

[Costco] Jabra Elite Active 65t In-ear Wireless Headphones $137.99[YMMV]

[OP]
Dec 17, 2007
407 posts
150 upvotes

[Costco] Jabra Elite Active 65t In-ear Wireless Headphones $137.99[YMMV]

Seems a good deal especially if you can combine Costco email subscription $20 off $100 coupon.
Sale price $157.99 plus $20 coupon, turns out $153.99 shipped.

P.S. today is the last day to have coupon still valid.
Last edited by TomRFD on Dec 23rd, 2019 9:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: updated retailer name
38 replies
Jul 15, 2018
515 posts
563 upvotes
These vs the anker soundcore pro liberty 2 posted a week ago?
Feb 13, 2006
715 posts
346 upvotes
Not worth it's own post but just a heads up that Jabra sells refurbs directly on eBay for like $60 (USD and US ship only)
Deal Fanatic
Jun 30, 2007
8408 posts
602 upvotes
Toronto
I have these and like the sound in them a lot. Sometimes the audio will cut out when watching tv if you block the path between you and the tv.

Only quibble with them is the right one tends to fall out of my ear occasionally and I have no idea why. It doesn't happen with any other bud. I even tried the larger insert but it didn't help very much. I think I might see if the dekoni pads help.
Nov 16, 2015
598 posts
1124 upvotes
Toronto, ON
belowzeros wrote: I have these and like the sound in them a lot. Sometimes the audio will cut out when watching tv if you block the path between you and the tv.

Only quibble with them is the right one tends to fall out of my ear occasionally and I have no idea why. It doesn't happen with any other bud. I even tried the larger insert but it didn't help very much. I think I might see if the dekoni pads help.
any latency when watching tv / videos?
Oct 16, 2011
339 posts
235 upvotes
Andyc416 wrote: any latency when watching tv / videos?
Bluetooth is not capable of latency free video watching currently.

Maybe the aptX codec, but your TV would also have to support it, as well as the headphones.
May 27, 2011
438 posts
266 upvotes
NORTH YORK
I bought it last year during the black Friday sale, and It died on me last month.
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2013
1928 posts
1948 upvotes
Montreal
This or apple airpods deal from staples??
❗ We buy things that we don't need, with money that we don't have, to impress people that we don't like. ❗
Deal Addict
Aug 6, 2004
1561 posts
272 upvotes
Bessem wrote: This or apple airpods deal from staples??
Been doing a lot of research in terms of call quality. Airpods seems to be the clear winner in this respect, if call quality is a primary concern.

These however, have an app that can adjust sound to better suit whatever you're listening to.
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2009
3141 posts
972 upvotes
bobor wrote: Been doing a lot of research in terms of call quality. Airpods seems to be the clear winner in this respect, if call quality is a primary concern.

These however, have an app that can adjust sound to better suit whatever you're listening to.
You sure? Rtings rates airport gen 2 call quality 5.7, 6.2 overall. Jabra elite 65t 6.9 in call quality, 7.3 overall. In fact, jabra 65t is rated top 3 in terms call quality for true wireless earbud by rtings.
Deal Addict
Apr 21, 2007
3296 posts
1554 upvotes
I'd think everything is returnable at Costco lol
Deal Addict
Mar 1, 2006
1496 posts
736 upvotes
Edmonton
Update the price OP. You can't include a customer specific voucher in the deal price. Otherwise we'd have 1000s of deals for anything sold at costco over $100.
Deal Addict
Aug 6, 2004
1561 posts
272 upvotes
braveblade wrote: You sure? Rtings rates airport gen 2 call quality 5.7, 6.2 overall. Jabra elite 65t 6.9 in call quality, 7.3 overall. In fact, jabra 65t is rated top 3 in terms call quality for true wireless earbud by rtings.
Interesting. They've also rated the SoundPeats earbuds - that have been a bit of a rage at RFD (in terms of value when on sale through Amazon) - phone calls at 6.0, higher than the Airpods. But in my real-world use between the two, callers on the other end consistently say my voice sounds markedly better on the AirPods.

You're right that they also rate the 65T call quality higher than Airpods but the verbal descriptions for the microphone tests between the two seem to imply slightly better (or same) for the Airpods.

So it's a little confusing how they're evaluating their final score.
Dec 20, 2019
399 posts
1167 upvotes
Bikini Bottom
TDNGUYEN wrote: I'd think everything is returnable at Costco lol
I just had to thumps up this. I saw a women walk into costco complaining about rotten frozen nuggets and claimed to have thrown most of them in the garbage. She also returned a near half bag of frozen fruits. How low can people get.
Feb 28, 2011
340 posts
504 upvotes
ottawa
I have both, AirPods 2 and 65t. Call quality is very good on both. If you have an iPhone convenience factor, integration, connectivity if using for commute and how they fit IMHO is for AirPods. For sports activities, I am cycling and running, Jabra is a clear winner for me. Having buttons is a huge plus as reaching for the phone is not an option. Also, Jabra has an option to be able to hear surrounding. However, I found I must be careful because they fall out when I start moving my joe to much, for example laughing.
Mar 8, 2004
476 posts
257 upvotes
Kanata
Andyc416 wrote: any latency when watching tv / videos?
I don't think it's possible with true wireless since one bud has to receive the sound then transmit it to the other then both buds play the sound. That's my experience though. I can use Jaybirds X3s or other Bluetooth headphones and watch TV. But I cannot with Jaybird Run XTs. Have to use VLC or similar to synch. I usually use a setting around -650 ms plus or minus depending on whether it's fire stick, etc.