Expired Hot Deals

[Costco] Jan 4 - Jan 17 - CeraVe Moisturizing Cream: 539g tub + 57g tube - $15.99 ($4 off)

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 7th, 2021 9:58 pm
[OP]
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2001
16644 posts
6897 upvotes

[Costco] Jan 4 - Jan 17 - CeraVe Moisturizing Cream: 539g tub + 57g tube - $15.99 ($4 off)

The CeraVe Moisturizing Cream seemed pretty popular last year when it was posted. You get a larger tub than other retailers, plus you get a small squeeze tube for travel. I find it's great stuff with the ceramides and hyaluronic acid - here is a link to the manufacturer's website: https://www.cerave.com/skincare/moistur ... zing-cream

In the Costco magazine they previewed the Jan 4 - Jan 17 items, and the CeraVe is on sale again. I don't think it's been on sale since last January. Costco product number 412358 so you can always call ahead if concerned about stock levels.
IMG_4687.jpg
72 replies
Nov 24, 2018
530 posts
535 upvotes
Montreal, Quebec
thanks, but this was highlighted in the coupon thread, need a separate thread to make it more obvious?

instant-savings-valid-jan-4-17-jan-18-31-2432451/
===========
Zoomer 22.5$ unlimited calls/ text + Fido 5$ 4GB; Dual sim P30 Lite.
On Waitlist for QC coverage for Freedom mobile 99$/yr.
Deal Guru
Jan 6, 2005
11672 posts
3067 upvotes
Thanks OP, good to see certain items get their own thread. No different than highlighting great deals at CT or PA etc, instead of just posting the whole Boxing Day flyer.
Costco has deals all the time, but ones like this, are well received.
The first rule of RFD is, you do not talk about RFD.

The second rule of RFD is, you DO NOT talk about RFD.
Nov 24, 2018
530 posts
535 upvotes
Montreal, Quebec
I wasn't offending him, and love the saving, but feels like ops is racking up click hits with deal already out on another post since he didn't know there was already a post on this deal already. Making other aware there are also different deals at the same time the same week.
===========
Zoomer 22.5$ unlimited calls/ text + Fido 5$ 4GB; Dual sim P30 Lite.
On Waitlist for QC coverage for Freedom mobile 99$/yr.
Deal Addict
Jan 10, 2009
1822 posts
1048 upvotes
Boom and Bust Calgar…
Damn, smoking deal. This is the best moisturizing cream I've ever used. Usually I wait for the pump bottle to go on sale at SDM/LD.
Sep 8, 2010
119 posts
82 upvotes
Windsor
Great price, my go-to for my psoriasis. Last reup was last year same deal. Good to know it's on again, tahnks op
Dec 24, 2017
904 posts
873 upvotes
London
BertL67369 wrote: I wasn't offending him, and love the saving, but feels like ops is racking up click hits with deal already out on another post since he didn't know there was already a post on this deal already. Making other aware there are also different deals at the same time the same week.
Im sure OP knows costco has more than 1 deal at a time
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2012
1365 posts
1056 upvotes
Surrey
TrevorK wrote: The CeraVe Moisturizing Cream seemed pretty popular last year when it was posted. You get a larger tub than other retailers, plus you get a small squeeze tube for travel. I find it's great stuff with the ceramides and hyaluronic acid - here is a link to the manufacturer's website: https://www.cerave.com/skincare/moistur ... zing-cream

In the Costco magazine they previewed the Jan 4 - Jan 17 items, and the CeraVe is on sale again. I don't think it's been on sale since last January. Costco product number 412358 so you can always call ahead if concerned about stock levels.

IMG_4687.jpg
I think it was on sale sometime in the Summer. We purchased it when it was on sale, but this is perfect timing as we needed to refill
Deal Expert
Jun 23, 2005
21984 posts
163888 upvotes
GTA
Nothing wrong with posting a separate thread for a particular item IMO (especially one this popular). Costco's regular price on this is already a better value than a lot of other retailers, so the sale price just makes it that much hotter. In theory, it might sound nice to have a master thread for all sale items during a given week at a particular retailer, but then you have dozens of people discussing so many different items, so it can get cluttered.

I definitely recall there being stock issues last year during the sale, due to this being very popular with those who suffer from dry skin/psoriasis/eczema, so shop early!
Deal Expert
Jun 9, 2003
24746 posts
1878 upvotes
Markham, ON
just ask for a rain check if its sold out Winking Face
did that last year
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2007
1179 posts
841 upvotes
Portage la Prairie
Great stuff and great price, thanks OP!
Deal Guru
Jan 6, 2005
11672 posts
3067 upvotes
StudYork wrote: Great price, my go-to for my psoriasis. Last reup was last year same deal. Good to know it's on again, tahnks op
Does it work well for that? I have prescription stuff that I find doesn't work so well and feels greasy all the time.
The first rule of RFD is, you do not talk about RFD.

The second rule of RFD is, you DO NOT talk about RFD.
Sep 8, 2010
119 posts
82 upvotes
Windsor
jackass_ca wrote: Does it work well for that? I have prescription stuff that I find doesn't work so well and feels greasy all the time.
I use it after exfoliating any scales away. I find it reddens the face a little bit temporarily. But if I use it say, before bed, my face is clear in the morning.

Now trying to find a decent shampoo to deal with the dandruff... lol

I was also prescriped a cortazone-based cream. I refuse to put steroids on my face as a long term solution. Looking at going naturopath now as well for that (wife's orders)
Last edited by StudYork on Jan 3rd, 2021 4:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jun 4, 2004
738 posts
453 upvotes
Mississauga
Which Costco's carry this in the GTA? This was definitely on sale more recently than last January, but I couldn't find it in any location I went to. This is supposed to be good stuff, recommended by my son's allergist.
May 5, 2006
748 posts
213 upvotes
Thanks for the highlight, will def try to pick some up. I find that it's a bit heavy (really have to scrub in the shower to get it off) but it's very effective for dry itchy legs in the winter time (probably also caused by hot showers heh)
Jul 19, 2006
450 posts
226 upvotes
StudYork wrote: I use it after exfoliating any scales away. I find it reddens the face a little bit temporarily. But if I use it say, before bed, my face is clear in the morning.

Now trying to find a decent shampoo to deal with the dandruff... lol

I was also prescriped a cortazone-based cream. I refuse to put steroids on my face as a long term solution. Looking at going naturopath now as well for that (wife's orders)
Nizoral is the best for chronic dandruff that head and shoulders can’t beat. Even with H&S,only the original works for me. I tried a couple of their variances (like tea tree oil), and it only made things worse for me. My regimen is strictly original H&S and then when flakes appear, I use nizoral. Nizoral only works by lathering it into your hair and leaving for 5 mins (lots of people just lather and rinse right away which makes nizoral not as effective).

This is a great deal for the cerave. Thanks Op!
Sep 3, 2013
39 posts
23 upvotes
Toronto
F1ash wrote: Nizoral is the best for chronic dandruff that head and shoulders can’t beat. Even with H&S,only the original works for me. I tried a couple of their variances (like tea tree oil), and it only made things worse for me. My regimen is strictly original H&S and then when flakes appear, I use nizoral. Nizoral only works by lathering it into your hair and leaving for 5 mins (lots of people just lather and rinse right away which makes nizoral not as effective).

This is a great deal for the cerave. Thanks Op!
Agreed, this is a good regiment alternating with H&S and Nizoral. When I have flare-ups, I add in selsun blue (selenium based shampoo)as well for that week or two and it works immediate wonders for me. Seborrheic dermatitis /dandruff.
Mar 5, 2016
904 posts
659 upvotes
jackass_ca wrote: Does it work well for that? I have prescription stuff that I find doesn't work so well and feels greasy all the time.
Another moisturizer that apparently helps with psoriasis is Glaxal Base which comes in similar packaging and also goes on sale at Costco. For the prescription stuff, a friend of mine was prescribed Hydroval and apparently it works very well, but it is a steroid-based cream so you need to be careful with it.