Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Costco

Jetson Bolt electric folding bike $399.99

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 30th, 2020 11:45 am
[OP]
Jun 1, 2002
575 posts
95 upvotes

[Costco] Jetson Bolt electric folding bike $399.99

Costco online here in Canada is now selling the Jetson Bolt e-bike with free shipping. It seems to have fairly good reviews keeping in mind its price point. I am not knowledgeable about these devices but I remember a poster was wondering about this bike and so I figured there might be others interested to know it’s now easily available in Canada.

Edit - Posted by frederixx: This can also be bought in store for $379.99.
Last edited by Phantom on Feb 28th, 2020 12:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
50 replies
Deal Addict
Apr 17, 2006
3726 posts
1263 upvotes
Toronto
Fancy dui-cycle with Costco warranty Thumbs Up Sign
Nov 26, 2013
605 posts
322 upvotes
MTL
it doesnt have pedal is it legal for Montreal?
Deal Expert
Mar 22, 2004
15268 posts
6332 upvotes
RFD
Kind of puzzled it doesn't have traditional pedals for when you want to do manual riding considering the traditional bike design. Would allow you to go on sidewalks too if needed.

I think the Segway ES3 Costco sells is worth the double price, double range, over this one.
Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2005
1339 posts
1752 upvotes
Montreal
It's probably cheaper in-store, if you can find it.
From the site:

"This item may currently be in stock at your local Costco warehouse for immediate purchase at a cash and carry price."
Jul 5, 2003
224 posts
23 upvotes
Regina
You can't really call that thing an electric bike (no pedals), it's an e-scooter with a seat.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 29, 2007
5612 posts
5339 upvotes
No Bum Deals
What better tool to carve up some tourists on the sidewalks.
. 🢂 4x Telus Endless 25GB - Shared Pool 100GB [$30] | 2x CAN-US 200min [$0] | 5x CAN-US PoM Tablet+Data [$0] | 1x PoM Watch Cellular [$0] 🢀
🢂
Bodgers Business Grade 500u 3yr [$50] 🢀
Banned
Feb 6, 2017
2176 posts
1261 upvotes
This would be cool if you worked at Google or at large campus to bomb around in.
Deal Addict
Oct 16, 2007
1107 posts
1493 upvotes
Montr
They have some in store. 379.99$

No pedals, so I don't know how it will be considered
Jul 2, 2005
446 posts
175 upvotes
Mississauga
pennypincher wrote: You can't really call that thing an electric bike (no pedals), it's an e-scooter with a seat.
MTO rules says it is illegal to "remove" a pedal. http://www.mto.gov.on.ca/english/driver ... -faq.shtml
I wonder if the rule applies it there was no pedal to begin with, (going to be hard to argue with an officer if you are stopped) :D
Has to be at least 16 years old, so no go for my kids.
Deal Guru
Mar 1, 2002
11868 posts
9725 upvotes
Toronto
Afaik the rule in Toronto is you need pedals on an ebike, may vary in other cities though.
Nov 8, 2012
790 posts
275 upvotes
Perfect to stow in the trunk for those edge of the parking lot Costco weekends
Last edited by OttRFD on Feb 29th, 2020 1:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 22, 2012
6259 posts
7431 upvotes
Richmond Hill
ezacarias wrote: MTO rules says it is illegal to "remove" a pedal. http://www.mto.gov.on.ca/english/driver ... -faq.shtml
I wonder if the rule applies it there was no pedal to begin with, (going to be hard to argue with an officer if you are stopped) :D
Has to be at least 16 years old, so no go for my kids.
If it doesn't have pedals to begin with, it's not an e-bike!
E-bikes in Ontario must have:

steering handlebars
working pedals
an electric motor not exceeding 500 Watts
a maximum speed of 32 km/h
a maximum weight of 120 kg
a permanent label from the manufacturer in both English and French stating that your e-bike conforms to the federal definition of a power-assisted bicycle
[OP]
Jun 1, 2002
575 posts
95 upvotes
Sounds like for folks in Ontario the usability of this is in question. I’ve posted this as “electric folding bicycle” because that’s how it’s named on the Costco website, but as everyone is doing, good to see what your local laws are regarding using this.

As an aside, it seems silly legally for this to be lumped in the same category as motorcycles and mopeds when its official top speed is no different than bicycles or e-scooters.
Deal Guru
Oct 21, 2015
12155 posts
111967 upvotes
Ontario
TomRFD wrote: What kind of warranty do you get with this?
$379 in store. Same Costco warranty. You can return even after a year. A Costco employee returned an electric bike 11 months later last time.
Costco West: BC, AB, SK & MB
Costco East: ON, Québec , NB, NS & PEI
Jan 2 - 29th Member Savings (Costco)
Deal Addict
Oct 16, 2007
1107 posts
1493 upvotes
Montr
I just read on it and they are illegal in Quebec and BC and probably in a lot of other provinces too.

You need pedals (and to be able to use them).

Too bad I guess
Deal Addict
Jan 12, 2017
1661 posts
975 upvotes
Is it just me or does it look like there is only a rear brake?

If so, that is very dangerous. If you only have one brake, the front is where it should go (still not ideal to have one).
Phantom wrote: Costco online here in Canada is now selling the Jetson Bolt e-bike with free shipping. It seems to have fairly good reviews keeping in mind its price point. I am not knowledgeable about these devices but I remember a poster was wondering about this bike and so I figured there might be others interested to know it’s now easily available in Canada.

Edit - Posted by frederixx: This can also be bought in store for $379.99.