• Last Updated:
  • Nov 6th, 2019 11:14 am
Dec 14, 2008
690 posts
291 upvotes
Toronto
simplypop wrote:
Sep 18th, 2019 1:41 pm
Someone weighing around 170lb and want to bulk up to 180 that’s a good workout regimen and food regimen. Gonna try to add protein to my daily routine maybe in morning snack. Is that good or bad
If you're serious, you need to track your entire nutritional intake day to day, ensure you're getting sufficient macronutrients from each category, and go hit the gym with a solid weight training routine. Not cardio. Not ****. A routine. A program.
Deal Addict
Mar 3, 2012
2997 posts
1374 upvotes
Mississauga
Does protein powder actually go bad when its expired or is it still safe to use?
I love RFD! :)
Jun 3, 2012
444 posts
244 upvotes
YORK
yo2boy wrote:
Sep 20th, 2019 12:42 pm
Does protein powder actually go bad when its expired or is it still safe to use?
Best Before is the exact wording.
Safe to use. I had an 1/8tub of ON whey left that I forgot about, 1 yr expired. It did not smell as fresh as my new tub but I used it without any gastro intestinal problems. On the other hand I had a tub of 2yr expired vanilla on whey and it smelled rotten. threw that out right away. Mind you the tubs were in a cool dry place. If I had left them in a hot humid area or in the garage, even after 4 months expired they would have been rotten.

What does concern me of expired protein and other supplements is that beyond their expiry date their potency/effective gets reduced, but unknown by how much. eg fish oils will go bad and lose potency/effectiveness far quicker that say a dried mineral tablet.
Aug 30, 2012
957 posts
398 upvotes
Toronto
I lost my scoop.

Does anyone know how many tablespoons would equal to one scoop?

Thanks.
Deal Addict
Jan 13, 2003
2049 posts
405 upvotes
yo2boy wrote:
Sep 20th, 2019 12:42 pm
it is a probability thing, so they set expiry dates so that almost 100% of samples won't be gross to people. every day past that date, the probability of you being grossed out by something about it goes up. also note that this is for unopened product in average circumstances. it will go bad more quickly if open or in warmer temperatures. basically, don't buy more than you need

for ME, for an unopened tub of whey, I wouldn't want it any more than 1-2 months after its expiry date. it's a personal preference thing
Deal Addict
Jul 21, 2001
4274 posts
390 upvotes
Calgary
Thanks, picked up 3 tubs. Vanilla with milk and avocado goes down quite well, no bloating, no diarrhea like some others. Vanilla itself is pretty bland, the way I like it, and it doesn’t clump. I figure 3 tubs should last me about 3 months.
"i love my girl friend and my girl friend loves me ok so you cant love me"
Nov 20, 2011
234 posts
128 upvotes
NORTH YORK
Thx op. Bought 4. This will last for ahwile. Go kaizen
Deal Guru
Aug 6, 2001
13372 posts
1669 upvotes
Mississauga
ieGod wrote:
Sep 20th, 2019 12:16 pm
If you're serious, you need to track your entire nutritional intake day to day, ensure you're getting sufficient macronutrients from each category, and go hit the gym with a solid weight training routine. Not cardio. Not ****. A routine. A program.
+1 and Protein does not make you fat. For bulking, you need to add carbs or fats in your macros. Amino acids (aka protein) have a different role in the body.
Deal Addict
Sep 6, 2008
3258 posts
1024 upvotes
BC
Klikerko wrote:
Sep 20th, 2019 9:03 am
Got 6 tubs yesterday, they are still $37.99 in store. Expiry date is mid 2021 so they will be OK for some time. I'm on a weight loss at the moment, to lose my huge belly where all the fat accumulates on me for some reason. Planing to start bulking January 1st. Wish me luck.
Um, good luck bro.
Deal Addict
Jan 5, 2010
2566 posts
624 upvotes
Got 1 vanilla and 1 chocolate. July 2021 expiry.

Still lots left in Ancaster. Sale ends tomorrow!
Deal Addict
Jul 26, 2009
3879 posts
2272 upvotes
So I guess the price adjustment is for items bought within 14 days from the start of the sale as I got an adjustment at Dixie/Dundas Costco for the tub I bought on September 4.
Deal Expert
Dec 1, 2003
20371 posts
2471 upvotes
YUL
I finally got around to trying the taste. Mixed the chocolate with almond milk and the taste is very neutral, which is a good thing. Doesn’t taste great but it also doesn’t taste bad. Very neutral. I like it tho.
Feb 7, 2016
285 posts
48 upvotes
Toronto, ON
awsometruth wrote:
Sep 21st, 2019 5:10 pm
Thx op. Bought 4. This will last for ahwile. Go kaizen
want to sell me one?? whats the difference this and the leanprotein?
Apr 13, 2016
134 posts
18 upvotes
Quick question
My son is eating 4 eggs every morning for the past year.
That is 28 per week, not including what else he gets in our regular cooking.
Could this be causing him any harm?