Kamado Joe Classic II - $899.97 in store

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 4th, 2022 8:21 am
[OP]
Jun 20, 2009
594 posts
708 upvotes
edmonton
bumbum007 wrote: On the fence of selling my brand new smoker made by Down Under and get Kamado Joe instead.
Wondering how much more efficient the Kamado is at burning charcoal
The ceramic style Kamado will always be more charcoal efficient than the metal ones. But the advantage is more than just charcoal efficiency. It’s pretty much better at smoking / grilling and everything compared to the metal ones.
Oct 19, 2013
86 posts
26 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Bullet smoker vs Kamado.

Kamado charcoal uses roughly 1/4 of Bullet. That's so much more efficient!

Starting around 3:20

dalaw wrote: The ceramic style Kamado will always be more charcoal efficient than the metal ones. But the advantage is more than just charcoal efficiency. It’s pretty much better at smoking / grilling and everything compared to the metal ones.
Dec 14, 2017
539 posts
532 upvotes
I found one and bought one - thanks!
[OP]
Jun 20, 2009
594 posts
708 upvotes
edmonton
7865875 wrote: I found one and bought one - thanks!
CONGRATULATIONS. Welcome to the art of smoking and next level grilling my friend!
Deal Expert
Mar 7, 2005
18297 posts
1262 upvotes
Elmira
jackpie wrote: 1299 in GTA west... still worth it?
Nah, I’m not interested at that price personally
a closed mind is already defeated
Oct 19, 2011
62 posts
87 upvotes
DARTMOUTH
These are marked down to $999.99 in-store in Nova Scotia (Dartmouth Crossing and Bayer's Lake locations). No $.97 clearout but hard to know if it will go lower out this way. Grabbed one today myself.
Deal Addict
Nov 1, 2017
2565 posts
1747 upvotes
bumbum007 wrote: Bullet smoker vs Kamado.

Kamado charcoal uses roughly 1/4 of Bullet. That's so much more efficient!

Starting around 3:20
Is there a difference in taste though?

It's metal vs ceramic, but I wonder if there's a reason why smokers tend to have more holes.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 22, 2015
6520 posts
6522 upvotes
2 left at Barrhaven location for $999.99 price

Doubt they will get any more stock or reduce any further
Jan 31, 2022
576 posts
839 upvotes
dalaw wrote: At my Costco, I just take a picture of the item, go to customer service and let them know I bought it a few weeks ago and now it’s on sale. They just do the swap there with the item number.
I did this for an item last year and they said "we will do it but in the future you need your original receipt". I didn't say anything and didn't know if they would really start enforcing that.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 17, 2003
7687 posts
714 upvotes
Vancouver
excellent BBQ smoker , my buddy kills it with his Kamado, I have a Weber smoker , not as good but good enough now that I have it sorted out along w regular BBQ
How can I be broke when I am saving so much?
Deal Addict
Dec 4, 2004
2725 posts
27 upvotes
Calgary
diabolical7 wrote: just got this from beacon hill, will open in a few days
i think i'm done for grills...
-kamado joe classic 2
-weber s435 NG
-lousiana grill lg900
-blackstone 28"
Just picked one up from Beacon Hill, still 3 left.

Wish it was a 22" grill instead of 18" but regardless, happy with the purchase. Thanks OP!
Deal Fanatic
Jan 27, 2007
5101 posts
967 upvotes
Peterborough
podric wrote: I did this for an item last year and they said "we will do it but in the future you need your original receipt". I didn't say anything and didn't know if they would really start enforcing that.
If they do enforce, simply buy the one on the floor and return it with the old receipt. You dont actuallly need the receipt to return it.
Dec 14, 2017
539 posts
532 upvotes
This thing is like 1000lbs

Not the thing u do the buy return method on
[OP]
Jun 20, 2009
594 posts
708 upvotes
edmonton
2 brand new + 1 display @ Sherwood Park Costco in Edmonton.

$899.97

I wonder if it will go lower?
Aug 23, 2012
199 posts
138 upvotes
Montreal
Anyone seen anything in Montreal or Lachenaie?
Deal Expert
Mar 7, 2005
18297 posts
1262 upvotes
Elmira
dalaw wrote: 2 brand new + 1 display @ Sherwood Park Costco in Edmonton.

$899.97

I wonder if it will go lower?
BUY IT.. stop wondering
[OP]
Jun 20, 2009
594 posts
708 upvotes
edmonton
duckdown wrote: BUY IT.. stop wondering
Do you know what [OP] means?
Deal Expert
Mar 7, 2005
18297 posts
1262 upvotes
Elmira
dalaw wrote: Do you know what [OP] means?
Yes. The advice is for anyone, not trying to call you out or something. That's the magic price, IMO
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2012
1685 posts
1579 upvotes
VANCOUVER
PerformingAzura wrote: I did not realize there was an official attachment. Now I'm really unsure of which grill to get... this or the https://www.costco.ca/masterbuilt-gravi ... 09674.html
I just want a reliable smoker that capable of using charcoal and wood chunks.

I've had 2 years trying to smoke food on my 14" Weber and haven't managed to learn it. I always get thick cloudy smoke and the fire always dies mid cook.
I've got the chimney, I've got fire bricks to hold heat, I've use a mix of lit and unlit coals so the fire isn't too hot at once, but also doesn't die too early.

I was thinking of building something like this. Didn't realize it already existed. Too bad it's sold out: https://store.heatermeter.com/products/ ... 5575515206

The Kamado will beat it easily in terms of fuel efficiency, while the masterbuilt will likely be "healthier" since the heat is indirect?

Though I wonder if it will miss out on that charcoal taste if cooked on the materbuilt.
I have a MB 560, the smaller version.

The KJ and MB really aren't comparable. The MB is more set it and forget it since it has a controller and fan, but it is NOT as efficient as the KJ. Although it'll produce similar end results, they are vastly different cooking styles.

The KJ is more versatile, and can grill and smoke extremely well, but takes learning. The MB can the same, but there's a ton more cleanup and you will get a ton of grease fires due to the nature of the fan controller and grease buildup.