• Last Updated:
  • Feb 26th, 2021 1:03 pm
Deal Addict
Oct 9, 2011
1530 posts
963 upvotes
GTA

Costco keeps cancelling my online order

Trying to buy some gift cards and Costco keeps cancelling my order.

The cancellation email says:

Please review your Costco.ca order details:
Credit Card or Payment information
Billing and/or Shipping information
We suggest that you pay particular attention to the items above, making any necessary changes,prior to placing another order.

I’ve checked my credit card number, seen preauthorizations go through on my CC and the CC company has the same address as what my address shows at Costco.

I tried twice. Once with the CC as payment and the second time using Masterpass as payment. Both ordered cancelled.

I did get a new CC this month since the previous one expired.

Could this be the reason? Do you think customer service could help if I called them?

Or maybe I should try with a different CC ?

Edit - looks like it was my new Rogers Mastercard that was being rejected. Tried a different card and the purchase went through no problems.
4 replies
Deal Expert
Oct 5, 2008
18179 posts
14175 upvotes
Toronto
dpw198 wrote: Trying to buy some gift cards and Costco keeps cancelling my order.

The cancellation email says:

Please review your Costco.ca order details:
Credit Card or Payment information
Billing and/or Shipping information
We suggest that you pay particular attention to the items above, making any necessary changes,prior to placing another order.

I’ve checked my credit card number, seen preauthorizations go through on my CC and the CC company has the same address as what my address shows at Costco.

I tried twice. Once with the CC as payment and the second time using Masterpass as payment. Both ordered cancelled.

I did get a new CC this month since the previous one expired.

Could this be the reason? Do you think customer service could help if I called them?

Or maybe I should try with a different CC ?

Edit - looks like it was my new Rogers Mastercard that was being rejected. Tried a different card and the purchase went through no problems.
Probably should have tried that first
Sep 16, 2015
792 posts
1605 upvotes
Calgary, AB
dpw198 wrote: Edit - looks like it was my new Rogers Mastercard that was being rejected. Tried a different card and the purchase went through no problems.
Call Rogers Mastercard and ask why the transaction was rejected. I have one card that has pretty tight card not present purchase restrictions on it and I sometimes have to call the bank to authorize larger online purchases.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 21, 2002
6826 posts
1482 upvotes
Manitoba
Years ago I got a new MasterCard, and as per instructions phoned in and activated it. A week later I was at Walmart and I tried to use it and it was rejected. Went home, called in a second time and activated it and then it was OK when I used it at a store. Since then whenever I get a new card I try to use it as soon as possible to make sure it is OK.
Deal Addict
Oct 9, 2011
1530 posts
963 upvotes
GTA
Spoke with Costco customer service and the guy said it was a system issue on their side, so nothing to do with my MasterCard.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)