Expired Hot Deals

Costco

Keter Cortina 9x7 shed $899 (Ontario only?)

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 22nd, 2021 5:20 pm
Tags:
Apr 7, 2007
742 posts
248 upvotes
Calgary, AB
What material is this shed made from? Can't be from petro chemicals (oil) right?
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2006
1923 posts
185 upvotes
Ottawa
I'll second... Anyone seen these in Ottawa? Though since this was posted 2 days ago at this price, there's little hope of any being left.

My dad just bought 2 of these online a couple weeks ago.
Deal Addict
Jun 26, 2009
4354 posts
3600 upvotes
GTA
cheapmother wrote: What material is this shed made from? Can't be from petro chemicals (oil) right?
It's made from pixie dust mixed with bumble bee wax. You will still need petro chemicals to start the rental truck.
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2006
1923 posts
185 upvotes
Ottawa
cheapmother wrote: What material is this shed made from? Can't be from petro chemicals (oil) right?
It's not a one time use shed. This thing will last 30+ years with little to no maintenance.
Oct 27, 2009
661 posts
445 upvotes
Hamilton
Excellent point Cheapmother.

Yet another reason wood is still a better option . Even with the increase in the price of lumber, still far more economical than this in the lifetime of a shed, looks better, last longer, can be repaired, restored, recycled (take your pick), easily customized. No contest.

And as Cheapmother pointed out, better for the planet..
Oct 27, 2009
661 posts
445 upvotes
Hamilton
SAN66 wrote: It's not a one time use shed. This thing will last 30+ years with little to no maintenance.
Not a chance. It's a nice-looking shed and probably better than most vinyl ones. But it's not lasting 30 years, don't kid yourself.
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2006
1923 posts
185 upvotes
Ottawa
stimy wrote: Not a chance. It's a nice-looking shed and probably better than most vinyl ones. But it's not lasting 30 years, don't kid yourself.
The sheds come with a 10 year warranty. The lifetime of most plastic sheds is about 25-30 years or longer depending on Sun/temperature exposure. So yeah a plastic shed set up in the shade on a good base can last 30+ years. Most people experience issues with shed doors, etc prior to that due to a poor shed base.
Deal Addict
Jul 30, 2006
1519 posts
638 upvotes
Halton
MrFrugal1 wrote: Word to the wise; you MUST put these sheds on a stable base. Dropping down some patio stones and hoping for the best will result the doors never closing properly. The doors have zero adjustment capabilities. You might get lucky and have no issues, but I've seen too many where the doors no longer close.
Thank you so much for the advice I actually have a slab that's cracked in a few spots that I want to put it on but I worry if that will make it uneven enough to be an issue.
I'm actually tearing down a wooden shed because I'm getting sick of all the mice droppings
Deal Fanatic
Dec 19, 2005
7587 posts
879 upvotes
Waterloo
Purchased, tons of people wanted one their was another guy wanted one too and had no transportation to drop it off. I offered to drop it off for him and he gave me 30.00 for that and it paid for my home Depot van Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling EyesSmiling Face With Open MouthGrinning Face With Smiling Eyes

Kitchener location might be sold out sale ends today!

Thanks op
Deal Addict
Feb 10, 2006
3485 posts
711 upvotes
Lots of stock at Oshawa for anyone considering, just make sure you come with something that can carry it. There were four of them at the returns that people couldn’t transport it. Rented a 5x8 trailer from Uhaul and the boxes didn’t even sit flat width wise.
Feb 1, 2019
92 posts
117 upvotes
I bought the last one at Costco in Richmond Hill on Elgin Mills. I rented a HD van to transport it. Thanks OP
Oct 22, 2011
3 posts
Thanks OP. Yesterday went to Oshawa ON early morning to got one, rented a small van @home depot to transport itSmiling Face With Open Mouth
It was crazy that people are ordering like they need three of it.
Sep 18, 2004
807 posts
309 upvotes
Did anybody rent a van from HD , only to show up at Costco to find out it’s sold out ?
Apr 18, 2002
508 posts
28 upvotes
Toronto
Costco allowed me to purchase it in-store and then held it for me. They even helped me load it onto a cart to wheel to the front of the store. Then I went to HD, grabbed a cargo van for $25 and picked up the shed from Costco to bring home. Entire process from start to finish required about 1.5-2 hours. Given the savings, it was worth it for me. But some may not want to do the running around.
Dec 8, 2009
822 posts
286 upvotes
Aren't lifetime sheds look better than this? Many people liked the look of this shed??