Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Costco

KFI coconut curry 2x 650ml - $4.97 **YMMV**

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 29th, 2022 12:55 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 21, 2008
1576 posts
1836 upvotes
GTA

[Costco] KFI coconut curry 2x 650ml - $4.97 **YMMV**

At Costco and saw this on the shelf for basically half price.

YMMV

Seen at Brampton costco.
Images
  • FD8741ED-BABB-4B69-B477-0430E6944C22.jpeg
40 replies
Jun 5, 2012
370 posts
564 upvotes
NEPEAN
If you can find it at this price it's pretty good. We've used it for our rice meals and is something I'd serve again. Makes for a good fast meal plan when required.
Deal Addict
May 17, 2017
1196 posts
3363 upvotes
xxxibgdrgn wrote: As good as resto taste?
prob tastes the same as the jar of sauce your local pub uses for their curry
My phone plan is $400 a month for 500 MB of data.
My internet plan is $199.99 for capped internet and slow speeds.
My credit cards are the ones with annual fees but terrible rewards.
Did I RFD correctly?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 21, 2008
1576 posts
1836 upvotes
GTA
It’s good. I’m not a curry expert by any means but I grew up in an area where there was a lot of South Asian and East Asian food and this is decent stuff.

Also tastes *best* with basmati rice.
Deal Addict
Oct 4, 2001
1455 posts
128 upvotes
Actually it is the worst. I returned mine. Get the butter chicken instead.
All is not golde that outward shewith bright...lydgate
Deal Addict
Dec 5, 2005
1673 posts
495 upvotes
GTA
I never saw this at my local Costco but have seen the Butter Chicken version. Willing to try it at this price.
----------------------------------------------------
Koodo - $45($65-20)/50GB plan + $0/4gb add on - Medium Tab / Tab Plus
Freedom Mobile - Talk + Text + 50GB plan $99/yearly
Freedom Mobile - Talk + Text only plan $25/year
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 21, 2008
1576 posts
1836 upvotes
GTA
hammer wrote: Actually it is the worst. I returned mine. Get the butter chicken instead.
Interesting opinion difference.
Jan 3, 2018
22 posts
66 upvotes
This is our go-to curry sauce brand. This "flavour" is good, as are the rest. An easy buy at this price. I think they are made in Canada.
Deal Addict
Mar 26, 2008
1573 posts
1005 upvotes
Toronto
Taste is subjective so I'm not going to comment on that other than that I don't hate it.

But what I will comment that this is still a tomato based sauce. Despite the green package, it is not a GREEN Curry sauce.

I know the picture on the packaging does show that the product is not green. But I got distracted by the Green packaging and picked up fully thinking it is a Green Curry sauce lol.
Deal Addict
Apr 7, 2020
1653 posts
5532 upvotes
don't know if I've ever seen the coconut curry one before at costco. would try at this price though
Nov 1, 2020
184 posts
334 upvotes
Real_GM wrote: Taste is subjective so I'm not going to comment on that other than that I don't hate it.

But what I will comment that this is still a tomato based sauce. Despite the green package, it is not a GREEN Curry sauce.

I know the picture on the packaging does show that the product is not green. But I got distracted by the Green packaging and picked up fully thinking it is a Green Curry sauce lol.
This is good to know. Last week I found a couple jars in my pantry that were past their best before date by about a year and I decided to take a chance and eat one anyway. I was surprised about the colour because I was expecting green and instead it's a weird orange. I wouldn't buy it again, but it tastes fine if you need a sauce in a hurry.
Deal Guru
May 9, 2006
12547 posts
3248 upvotes
hammer wrote: Actually it is the worst. I returned mine. Get the butter chicken instead.
I wouldn't say it's the worst, but it's pretty bad. The butter chicken one is decent.
Deal Addict
Dec 22, 2007
1506 posts
1106 upvotes
Mississauga
JohnieSmithe wrote: This is good to know. Last week I found a couple jars in my pantry that were past their best before date by about a year and I decided to take a chance and eat one anyway. I was surprised about the colour because I was expecting green and instead it's a weird orange. I wouldn't buy it again, but it tastes fine if you need a sauce in a hurry.
I like the butter chicken one better. both sauces were way better than what I got at Walmart

used the green sauce with some shrimp and I enjoyed it
Deal Addict
May 30, 2010
1942 posts
1580 upvotes
Costco sells cans of coconut milk at around $1/can and you can get a tub of Aroy-D curry paste for about $4 that's good for almost 16 cans of curry. Heat up two tablespoons of the curry paste in a tablespoon of oil, until well combined, and add the can of coconut milk and you basically have the same as this, with not much more effort.

Go fancy, by mincing an onion, garlic, ginger, red or green chili and lemongrass in a blender to fry with the oil and curry paste, throw in your favorite protein before adding the coconut milk and you have a meal that beats this curry paste anytime.
Nov 9, 2016
141 posts
206 upvotes
Lloydminster
I hated this one at first too. Then my wife commented that it tasted like pho & I actually didn't hate it when I thought of it like that. It definitely didn't taste like coconut curry though. Butter chicken is indeed their best option. I don't recommend their vindaloo either.
Deal Addict
Jul 13, 2013
2054 posts
980 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Why does it look like butter chicken?
Sep 23, 2006
645 posts
700 upvotes
I liked this one a lot more than butter chicken one. BC is my least favourite of all 3. This one is my favourite, and Vindaloo is all right too.

Langley (BC) didnt have any of the coconut curry ones yesterday. Only BC and Vindaloo.
Apr 29, 2007
319 posts
90 upvotes
Caledon
Bought this two-pack and shared it with a family member. I made it and threw the remainder of the jar in the garbage. The family member did the same. Coconut-flavored anything is usually such a strong flavor; this had none. I would never have guessed it had coconut in it if it wasn't in the name. Beyond that, the flavor was just bland/unappealing (and I eat almost anything). To each their own though! The butter chicken option that is always sold beside this one is pretty good.
Deal Expert
Oct 23, 2008
17510 posts
15579 upvotes
GTA, ON
I wanted to try this but then I checked the sodium content.
Tis banana is IRIE 😎

10% off is cold, 50% off is warm, 75% off is hot, but FREE IS RFD!