Hot Deals

[Costco] King's Pastry Full Moon Mooncakes $12.88 (double yoke and assorted)

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 30th, 2020 9:42 pm
Jul 29, 2019
234 posts
177 upvotes
beezus888 wrote: Not very long.
No, but I guess it means there isn't a lot of preservatives that extend the shelf life to a year. Since it is a seasonal product, it also means that it is not expected to be on a shelf for that long and people don't buy and leave mooncakes at home for so long either.
Jul 11, 2007
457 posts
93 upvotes
GTA
LonesomeDove wrote: The main ingredients come from China, especially the egg because it is not regular egg, they are salted duck eggs and they are not produced in Canada. Those yolks come from Asia; from China, maybe Vietnam.
The lotus paste come from China or another Asian country. The only local ingredient is probably flour and oil.
the factory in China probably use Canadian flour and Canadian CANOLA oil Grinning Face With Smiling Eyes
Jul 11, 2007
457 posts
93 upvotes
GTA
VanillaDonut wrote: No, but I guess it means there isn't a lot of preservatives that extend the shelf life to a year. Since it is a seasonal product, it also means that it is not expected to be on a shelf for that long and people don't buy and leave mooncakes at home for so long either.
these cake with such high fat and sugar content, and with oxygen absorbant packet shall be able to last a long time!! some does not even put any date on it!!
Sep 22, 2009
833 posts
101 upvotes
cf7777 wrote: This is a seasonal product, and I wonder how do Costco dispose unsold leftover Moon Cakes?

Do they ship them them to importer?
or
Donate them to food banks?
I thought a lot of Costco products were sold on consignment?
Apr 24, 2010
661 posts
303 upvotes
Canada
akito925 wrote: There' the same brand sold at Walmart too if you can't goto your Costco.
You have to check the ingredients, those in Walmart may contain white bean paste.
Deal Guru
Jun 1, 2006
11982 posts
15183 upvotes
cf7777 wrote: This is a seasonal product, and I wonder how do Costco dispose unsold leftover Moon Cakes?

Do they ship them them to importer?
or
Donate them to food banks?
Don't worry, there is never any leftovers of mooncake at Costco.

Usually there is nothing left after Moon Festival Day, which is Oct. 1 this year, because Costco always discount the price of them and they go like hotcakes. Some times Costco discount the mooncakes a week before festival day, with additional discount later on.
Have a nice day!

Deal Addict
Dec 23, 2008
4692 posts
1375 upvotes
Ottawa
Too yummy to resist, I always eat the full thing one time :(
Feb 7, 2014
174 posts
48 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Anyone seen these at any of the Costco in GVR? I did see them for $18.99 - possibly a different brand at the Costco GVR d/town location.
Mar 31, 2005
992 posts
354 upvotes
I have not tried this but they have it on sale this week for $12.88, for those of you near First Choice Supermarket at 7866 Kennedy Rd, Markham, ON L3R 0L1...Sept 18 to 24th
Images
  • 20200920_154430.jpg
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2008
1983 posts
1664 upvotes
tkl wrote: I prefer the snow skin Mooncakes even though they're not traditional.
A friend made these on her own and gave some to me. Honestly home made ones are so much more healthy and basically not oily like the ones you buy.
Apr 11, 2007
803 posts
548 upvotes
Oakville
renegadeavenger wrote: A friend made these on her own and gave some to me. Honestly home made ones are so much more healthy and basically not oily like the ones you buy.
I so adore you
Just imagine if we all live in that perfect world
Where everyone can make every thing at home , we eat all home made foods , just so healthy a lot cheaper taste way better
Please just get rid of all local and national businesses
Jan 19, 2006
850 posts
53 upvotes
With an open mind my girlfriend and I bought a box and tried it for the first time. Terrible. We both didn’t like it. It’s almost like eating uncooked pie dough with dried crumbly salty yoke inside.
Deal Addict
Jun 14, 2011
1222 posts
413 upvotes
ScoFF wrote: With an open mind my girlfriend and I bought a box and tried it for the first time. Terrible. We both didn’t like it. It’s almost like eating uncooked pie dough with dried crumbly salty yoke inside.
But hey at least you gave it a shot! If you haven't thrown the rest out or given it away I would suggest a different eating/serving method. Cut into eighths and just take really small bites of the cut pieces. This stuff is very calorie heavy and dense so eat sparingly :D