Expired Hot Deals

[Costco] King's Pastry Full Moon Mooncakes $12.88 (double yoke and assorted)

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 30th, 2020 9:42 pm
Jul 29, 2019
245 posts
185 upvotes
Sandman wrote: I think this is the first time Costco is carrying the variety pack. Good for someone wants to try different paste like red beans. Grinning Face With Smiling Eyes
They actually have carried the variety pack before. I think the brands usually call them Deluxe and usually in a red packaging while the pure lotus ones are in a white-ish or yellow colour packaging.
Jul 29, 2019
245 posts
185 upvotes
Hotshotz wrote: The thing that jump out to me was the 53g of sugar in one cake...
That's why you don't eat them every month nor available every month. It is usually available twice a year and eaten during those times.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 31, 2017
6654 posts
2904 upvotes
stephroll wrote: 780 calories per cake .... I like that
the sugar is off the charts too.
Aug 12, 2011
403 posts
186 upvotes
Toronto
Anywhere selling decent Chinese tea to go with this? Not pricey but good quality ones?
Apr 1, 2015
844 posts
458 upvotes
NOYB
VanillaDonut wrote: King's Pastry is a Canadian company in Mississauga that specializes in commercialized cakes and deserts. King's Pastry typically does have mooncake at Costco every year but it seems they've changed the packaging from a red tin box to this new packaging.
Cool cool

I remember now as I see their (old) green logo Smiling Face With Open Mouth

I've bought their Swiss rolls at Walmart acc - prepared in Canada, ofc
Last edited by Terabithia on Aug 15th, 2020 12:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
May 24, 2003
137 posts
52 upvotes
Toronto
I like but don’t love them. Bought for a couple of years, but stopped because of the fat and sugar.

Can’t they make a somewhat healthier version?
Oct 22, 2013
347 posts
207 upvotes
NORTH YORK
Neo wrote: I like but don’t love them. Bought for a couple of years, but stopped because of the fat and sugar.

u can make ur own mooncake like my parents do.
Feb 5, 2007
572 posts
197 upvotes
Mississauga
Strange, King's pastry is in Mississauga tho
Deal Expert
Dec 4, 2010
18997 posts
2004 upvotes
Quarantine Bubble
Neo wrote: I like but don’t love them. Bought for a couple of years, but stopped because of the fat and sugar.

It’s called portion control.
Jun 12, 2020
97 posts
132 upvotes
Can't blame you for being careful. Even people in China avoid mooncakes made in China.. supposedly for levels of heavy metal?

Personally, if I'm going to eat something with 53g of sugar, I'd spend extra to get the good stuff.
Apr 2, 2004
177 posts
72 upvotes
Burnaby
I would avoid Made in China or produce from China for health reasons too.

For moon cakes, the sad truth is even if you buy ones that are Made in Canada, or Made in Hong Kong, the bulk of the raw ingredients (salted egg yolks and lotus paste) are probably from China as well.