Home & Garden

Costco - Kingsdown Passions Beckingham Hybrid Mattress

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 22nd, 2023 2:22 pm
4 replies
Nov 29, 2019
203 posts
828 upvotes
I purchased the Kingsdown Passions Auburnwood Mattress from Costco less than a year ago. From what I gather, both Auburnwood and Beckingham have pretty much identical descriptions with the same coil counts. Mine is supposedly a pillowtop but probably just a marketing strategy, since the picture shows almost the same contents. However, the Beckingham has more number of foams that are thinner than mine, which resulted in the mattress being slightly shorter but heavier. I probably would've chosen Beckingham if this was offered at the time.
I am very satisfied with the quality of the mattress. It is quite heavy and firm (choosing the firm option), which is nice because I hate bouncy mattress. Some would find it too firm, but it is a matter of personal preference and no one can really give you an objective answer.
My only complain is that the mattress is very tall on top of the average platform bed. Because I don't like climbing up to my own bed every night, I had to ditch the old frame and purchase the low profile foundation. First of all, Costco doesn't offer the mattress set and finding the Kingsdown boxspring independently wasn't easy. And the foundation was pretty expensive. Thinking back, I regret insisting on purchasing the box spring from the same company. I could've bought another mattress with the money I spent on the foundation and the headboard.
I know there is a Kirkland Signature by Stearns and Foster Lakeridge cult on RFD :D I own both mattresses (aside from the brand and the warranty aspect), I much prefer the Kingsdown Passions. You'd think the Kirkland Signature is significantly heavier with more coil counts that the mattress should feel more dense. However, I find the Kingsdown Passions less bouncier, and sink far less. Despite the level of firmness, Kingsdown Passions feels more plush as well.
[OP]
Aug 3, 2007
725 posts
513 upvotes
starsoda wrote: I purchased the Kingsdown Passions Auburnwood Mattress from Costco less than a year ago. From what I gather, both Auburnwood and Beckingham have pretty much identical descriptions with the same coil counts. Mine is supposedly a pillowtop but probably just a marketing strategy, since the picture shows almost the same contents. However, the Beckingham has more number of foams that are thinner than mine, which resulted in the mattress being slightly shorter but heavier. I probably would've chosen Beckingham if this was offered at the time.
I am very satisfied with the quality of the mattress. It is quite heavy and firm (choosing the firm option), which is nice because I hate bouncy mattress. Some would find it too firm, but it is a matter of personal preference and no one can really give you an objective answer.
My only complain is that the mattress is very tall on top of the average platform bed. Because I don't like climbing up to my own bed every night, I had to ditch the old frame and purchase the low profile foundation. First of all, Costco doesn't offer the mattress set and finding the Kingsdown boxspring independently wasn't easy. And the foundation was pretty expensive. Thinking back, I regret insisting on purchasing the box spring from the same company. I could've bought another mattress with the money I spent on the foundation and the headboard.
I know there is a Kirkland Signature by Stearns and Foster Lakeridge cult on RFD :D I own both mattresses (aside from the brand and the warranty aspect), I much prefer the Kingsdown Passions. You'd think the Kirkland Signature is significantly heavier with more coil counts that the mattress should feel more dense. However, I find the Kingsdown Passions less bouncier, and sink far less. Despite the level of firmness, Kingsdown Passions feels more plush as well.
You are great, and thanks for taking the time to write.

I like firm mattress, ordered the firm version after reading your excellent review.