[Costco] Kirkland Signature 10-piece 5-ply Clad Stainless Cookware Set 229.99

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 3rd, 2021 9:25 pm
[OP]
Aug 23, 2017
81 posts
75 upvotes

[Costco] Kirkland Signature 10-piece 5-ply Clad Stainless Cookware Set 229.99

I have been looking for the very well reviewed Kirkland 3-ply Pot and Pan set when I came across these. They seem to be comparable the to $1000 Copper core set by All Clad and for $250 it is a steal. They were out of stock for a while and finally back in stock today. Even if these are not as good as the All Clad ones you have the Costco return policy to fall back on.

Down to 229.99 with the $20 coupon.

EDIT: OOS now
Last edited by Doubledrop on Dec 5th, 2019 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
55 replies
Jan 4, 2008
611 posts
494 upvotes
Toronto
I wonder what country they're made in
Jun 19, 2010
527 posts
359 upvotes
Vancouver
Very curious about the quality of these... I'm sure they aren't the same as all clad but at $250 vs $1000+ I'm curious.
[OP]
Aug 23, 2017
81 posts
75 upvotes
kazryv wrote: Very curious about the quality of these... I'm sure they aren't the same as all clad but at $250 vs $1000+ I'm curious.
I am too. I know the Tri Ply cookset got great reviews so I am hoping this is just as good if not better.
Jun 1, 2005
943 posts
256 upvotes
GVR
says its available at the warehouse. Has anyone seen these sets yet?
Deal Addict
Nov 12, 2003
4116 posts
395 upvotes
Toronto
Very curious as well... Need a new set of pots and pans
Deal Addict
Jan 18, 2009
2958 posts
1564 upvotes
Doubledrop wrote: I am too. I know the Tri Ply cookset got great reviews so I am hoping this is just as good if not better.
The KS tri-ply set is flawed. The bottom will warp after several months. Both my sister and my friend returned their set because of that.
The first rule of Fight Club is: you do not talk about Usenet
Dec 10, 2006
563 posts
123 upvotes
Mississauga
Is the 5-ply from Kirkland a fairly new product? Never seen it before, always seen the 3-ply. Can’t find much info online about the 5-ply from Costco
May 8, 2016
97 posts
707 upvotes
bogolisk wrote: The KS tri-ply set is flawed. The bottom will warp after several months. Both my sister and my friend returned their set because of that.
Warp? I hope you let the pans cool down after cooking before running them in cold water. I otherwise I don't see how any pan cheap or expensive, could warp.
Deal Guru
Oct 30, 2006
14828 posts
4306 upvotes
turtleh wrote: I wonder what country they're made in
Every country makes good and bad products.
TripleQ wrote:I read Click magazine for the articles!
Jun 4, 2011
336 posts
447 upvotes
Toronto
bogolisk wrote: The KS tri-ply set is flawed. The bottom will warp after several months. Both my sister and my friend returned their set because of that.
Yeah I think it's more you guys have no clue how to cook with clad cookware...
Deal Addict
Jan 18, 2009
2958 posts
1564 upvotes
hotandsoursoup wrote: Warp? I hope you let the pans cool down after cooking before running them in cold water. I otherwise I don't see how any pan cheap or expensive, could warp.
They did. They followed the instructions to the letter.
Deal Addict
Jan 18, 2009
2958 posts
1564 upvotes
Havox07 wrote: Yeah I think it's more you guys have no clue how to cook with clad cookware...
They followed the instructions to the letter. Now they use all-clad and all is good.
Aug 31, 2010
590 posts
640 upvotes
ON
hotandsoursoup wrote: Warp? I hope you let the pans cool down after cooking before running them in cold water. I otherwise I don't see how any pan cheap or expensive, could warp.
As crazy as it sounds, top quality stainless steel cookware wouldn't warp even if you abuse them.

Watch this video

They would plunge the pan right into ice water after heating it up and all the top pans wouldn't warp.
Nov 30, 2009
212 posts
86 upvotes
Toronto
What would the warranty be when ordered online? Would it have the same Costco 2 year no questions asked return policy?
Nov 20, 2007
70 posts
17 upvotes
Toronto
Looking at some discussions online it seems that only the base is 5-ply. People aren't sure exactly what is in the sides. This could matter if you have a gas stove where the flames hit the sides and tend to burn food there. However generally people were pretty happy with them.

My Cuisinart Multi-clad set came from Amazon today and I can see the base and the sides are both the same depth, but it has no copper layer in it. $56 to return them so I guess I'm keeping them either way!
Jun 19, 2010
527 posts
359 upvotes
Vancouver
I couldn't find anything about the 5-ply set online... blind ordered a set because it's kirkland and can be returned indefinitely if I decide I don't like it. Used my $20 off coupon with it, from the photos it looks like a pretty decent set. If it's 5-ply construction like it says in the link I assume it's the full way through (and the photos don't look like the cladding is attached to the bottom). Probably won't get around to using them until the new year though.
Dec 3, 2019
2 posts
Do you need to be a Costco member to receive the 20$ coupon?

And I don’t see any warranty on the cookware... but Kirkland products can be returned at any time?