Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Costco

Kirkland Signature Alkaline AAA Batteries 48-count $12.95, AA Batteries 48-count $13.91

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 22nd, 2022 12:19 pm
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2015
2300 posts
2175 upvotes
Laval, QC

[Costco] Kirkland Signature Alkaline AAA Batteries 48-count $12.95, AA Batteries 48-count $13.91

Features:
Alkaline
12-year shelf life
Pack of 48
Our longest lasting Kirkland Signature batteries ever

$4.5 off for AA 48-count as well, $13.91
https://www.costco.ca/kirkland-signatur ... 40480.html

Deal valid until 10/23
Last edited by Karlmtl on Oct 19th, 2022 6:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
52 replies
Deal Fanatic
Jun 26, 2009
5429 posts
5284 upvotes
GTA
Much better than leaky Duracells I got few years back Grinning Face With Smiling Eyes. I like the Kirklands.
Mar 14, 2005
686 posts
443 upvotes
Made by Duracell junk will leak before you use them all. Seen ones leaking in the package in the store on Saturday. Avoid..
Deal Fanatic
Mar 20, 2004
5144 posts
2189 upvotes
Mississauga
scoutermike wrote: Made by Duracell junk will leak before you use them all. Seen ones leaking in the package in the store on Saturday. Avoid..
gold or silver packaging?
Dec 2, 2016
456 posts
637 upvotes
Bought two of these a while back around that price. Absolutely destroys any other option. There's some environmental levy but it still works out to like $0.30 a battery, and they are good batteries too.
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2019
3401 posts
3742 upvotes
Tommy74 wrote: Much better than leaky Duracells I got few years back Grinning Face With Smiling Eyes. I like the Kirklands.
scoutermike wrote: Made by Duracell junk will leak before you use them all. Seen ones leaking in the package in the store on Saturday. Avoid..

i dont know who to believe anymore...such conflicting information...i think ill just stick to my ladda, hopefully still made by eneloop
Deal Addict
Nov 4, 2007
2218 posts
2094 upvotes
Toronto
Save the environment (if it’s not too late) and use rechargeable. Hands down the best value in the long run.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 26, 2009
5429 posts
5284 upvotes
GTA
I tried them both, never had problems with Kirklands, Duracells leaked inside the package after couple weeks. It's like with everything else - Lexus, Toyota, Scion - all the same brand, totally different cars and issues.
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2019
3401 posts
3742 upvotes
skyrink wrote: Save the environment (if it’s not too late) and use rechargeable. Hands down the best value in the long run.
while im a huge advocate for li ion batteries, they have some downsides, like fire hazard if not handled properly, does not work very well in the cold, etc., and alkaline have some upsides, like long shelf life, u can just buy them and leave them there, assuming u store them properly, and when u need to use it, they are good to go, whereas li ion, u need to keep track of their charge, if u leave them alone for say 2 years, it will not have much charge, if any at all, when u try to use it.
Deal Addict
Nov 30, 2016
1691 posts
2367 upvotes
Waterloo Region
rfdnewbie6910 wrote: while im a huge advocate for li ion batteries, they have some downsides, like fire hazard if not handled properly, does not work very well in the cold, etc., and alkaline have some upsides, like long shelf life, u can just buy them and leave them there, assuming u store them properly, and when u need to use it, they are good to go, whereas li ion, u need to keep track of their charge, if u leave them alone for say 2 years, it will not have much charge, if any at all, when u try to use it.
I'm sure you are probably right about lithium ion batteries. Thing is, rechargeable batteries that come in AAA or AA size are made using NiMH technology, a completely different chemistry with completely different issues.
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2004
4278 posts
5209 upvotes
Montreal, QC
skyrink wrote: Save the environment (if it’s not too late) and use rechargeable. Hands down the best value in the long run.
Not all devices will run on Rechargeable. The 1.2V (NiMH) vs 1.5V(Alkaline) difference adds up for devices using a few batteries.

Take the large Ptouch labelers for example. They use 6xAA batteries. if you are using rechargeables, it would give you a total of 7.2V vs Alkaline 9V (that is a huge difference). And they are power hungry. You'd be lucky to print a dozen labels with rechargeables, before getting the Low battery warning. I have purchased a 9V power adapter for using it when I don't care for the portability, but that is just one example.

I use duraloops as much as possible, but unfortunately Alkalines do have their place/need.
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2004
2057 posts
479 upvotes
Burlington
I got the Home Depot AAA ones and they just keep leaking!! I find the Amazon basic ones still seem a good generic batteries.
Deal Addict
Oct 20, 2019
1169 posts
2204 upvotes
Ottawa
These were the same price in store last week
$11.99 + $1.92 environment fee

$15.72 all in

I use rechargeables .. but I can see the temptation at this price.
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2019
3401 posts
3742 upvotes
Gangsta101 wrote: I'm sure you are probably right about lithium ion batteries. Thing is, rechargeable batteries that come in AAA or AA size are made using NiMH technology, a completely different chemistry with completely different issues.
oof, i almost forgot about those...when i hear rechargeable these days, i immediately go to li ion lol
Deal Addict
Oct 2, 2018
3167 posts
3653 upvotes
Toronto
I have used the Kirkland batteries for years, fantastic value added product has always exceeded my expectations.

I just purchased two (2) AA packs along with two (2) AAA packs of Kirkland batteries....all stocked up for myself, and my two kids who might need from time to time.

I did purchase the Duracell 2032 battery package from Costco as well, got tired of those cheap dollar store Sylvania's that don't last long and never have the juice out of the package. With the duracell 2032 batteries I can get double the range out of the box, and last much longer as well. Great for keyfobs as we use so often makes sense to pay a bit more for a better product.

Kirkland in my experience is the best value and quality is outstanding. Wish they also had branded 2032 & 2025 batteries however I use them less frequently.
“Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age.....and dreams are forever.”
Feb 8, 2008
18 posts
34 upvotes
Sudbury
Consumer Reports did a battery comparison some time ago. They included a wide variety of batteries with differing results, but it was notable that Duracell and "Kirkland" batteries all garnered the EXACT same results. So long story short, Kirkland batteries are Duracell.
Dec 8, 2017
755 posts
2358 upvotes
QC
Amazon Basics grey label (replaced by orange?) and regular Energizer Max seem to be the best value. Duracell/Kirkland is behind according to Project Farm

Alkaline Battery Test Project Farm 2018

If you have a Dollar Tree nearby (we don't have them in Québec), their regular e-circuit brand alkalines last almost as long (22h) as Energizer (27h) and Duracell (25h) according to a recent CBC Marketplace test, for a lot cheaper compared to regular prices. Regular e-circuit alkalines are 31 cents per battery, so a great option when nothing's on sale and you need them.

CBC Marketplace 2022 Battery Test

A 16-pack of AA Energizers was $5.98 (37 cents) at Walmart for Black Friday last year so I'll wait and see if they are the same price next month.

I'll pay a couple of cents more to avoid leaks, which by the way is supposed to be a safety mechanism.
Jul 14, 2016
281 posts
324 upvotes
Québec
budfrogs wrote: I got the Home Depot AAA ones and they just keep leaking!! I find the Amazon basic ones still seem a good generic batteries.
I use HDX batteries exclusively and everywhere I’m not using rechargeables, and I’ve never seen them leak and I’d say I’ve pushed them a bit hard and they’ve always been rock solid and the case they’re sold in is SO CONVENIENT!
[removed for signature violation]
Jan 18, 2017
824 posts
421 upvotes
dandu3 wrote: I use HDX batteries exclusively and everywhere I’m not using rechargeables, and I’ve never seen them leak and I’d say I’ve pushed them a bit hard and they’ve always been rock solid and the case they’re sold in is SO CONVENIENT!
I've always used NiMH batteries. What's a good use case for alkaline? Does it hold it's charge longer for intermittent use? Or maybe emergency use like a flashlight?