Costco Kirkland vs Bedsure Dog Bed

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 25th, 2020 11:18 pm
[OP]
Jun 25, 2019
37 posts
46 upvotes

Costco Kirkland vs Bedsure Dog Bed

I need to replace my dog's bed, and found this deal of the day on Amazon: https://www.amazon.ca/Bedsure-Extra-Lar ... B07ZGXJWXH

The last few beds I've bought have been from Costco and they were very durable. I have a Golden Retriever who loves to play with his bed so I need something that can take a beating. Does anyone have experience with the brand Bedsure and if so, what has been your experience?
3 replies
Deal Addict
Aug 14, 2001
4170 posts
2313 upvotes
Yesva Scotia
Costco, you can return it after doggo eats it.
😱
Deal Addict
Jan 28, 2014
3328 posts
610 upvotes
How old is your pup? I understand that the Bedsure bed is supposed to be for dogs who need joint support, but it is too bad you can't try one out for yourself - as in do you hit the floor when you sit on it. That to me would be a no-no.

Our late dog would only sleep (and I use this term lightly because our bed was his bed) in the Bowsers Double Deluxe Donut bed - the one that is shaped like a sofa. It has an opening so he would not have to trouble himself by stepping too high to get into it! He had 3 of them - M, L and XL. I can't believe I bought him the XL when he was 15, but he loved it because he could stretch out completely. He weighed 25 lbs., but our previous Dachshunds (2 were Alphas) and weighed only 11 lbs. but were the same - had to stretch out, preferably beneath a duvet in the summer.

We did try one of the Sealy beds for arthritic dogs but he would have none of it - Bowser or nothing. And I couldn't hit the floor.

We do not have a Costco membership (or a Mastercard) so I can't comment on the quality of their beds. All I know is that our major chewer got his size M Bowser bed when he was 1 year old, it was still in one piece, he did not chew it and it was in good condition when he was 16.5 years old. No one could believe it. Except for the basic insert the whole bed is completely washable - and the insert which is the smallest part of the bed can also be washed. Our dog's groomer has had the same beds for 20 years and they are still going strong. They come in a variety of fabrics - upholstery fabric being the most expensive (guess what our M was) but the L and the XL were polyester.

I hope you find a bed. And, no, I wouldn't take a chewed up dog bed back to any store.
Mar 20, 2018
96 posts
73 upvotes
Buy an infant/child mattress. Cheaper and built to last longer.