Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Sep 11, 2006
1918 posts
11 upvotes
KELOWNA

Costco Kirland TP...head's up

Just thought I'd pass along something I noticed today. The Kirkland TP has always impressed me having 500 sheets per roll (36 rolls/pkg @$19 normal price). They've always exceeded all the other double rolls out there. Today I noticed they are now 425/roll which is effectively a difference of 15% less (or what amounts to 5.4 rolls less) for the same price. They do have another brand there, slightly smaller in width but 485/roll and their price cards show it to be cheaper/sq/meter.
9 replies
Deal Addict
Oct 11, 2005
1868 posts
174 upvotes
Southern ontario
sounds like a price increase....similar to their wipes when they moved to cheaper material
Deal Fanatic
Oct 7, 2007
7282 posts
1820 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
This sucks, but it's just the economy at work. This is known as the "hidden price increase" and happens on pretty much everything (though more prevalent in groceries).
There's a sucker born every minute.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 23, 2005
9005 posts
5728 upvotes
number8888 wrote: This sucks, but it's just the economy at work. This is known as the "hidden price increase" and happens on pretty much everything (though more prevalent in groceries).

Icecream is a perfect example of this. The tubs used to be 2l, then went down to 1.89l, 1.69 and no some are even at 1.5l while the price has remained the same or increased in most cases.
Deal Addict
Oct 11, 2005
1868 posts
174 upvotes
Southern ontario
this is what happens when people focuses on the price, not the content!

most shoppers only look at the price, not the $/L, $/Sheet etc.
Deal Addict
Oct 22, 2009
3345 posts
1680 upvotes
Lethbridge
Indeed. I think my biggest piss-off with this has been frozen juice – It was always so much cheaper than buying the boxed cartons - $1.00 used to essentially get you a full 2L jug, then it was those slightly smaller cans & like 1.5L... Now they’re smaller than the damn tiny glasses I poor my juice into & make half a pitcher.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2003
5731 posts
199 upvotes
Toronto
Frozen cans of juice largely went from 355ml to 295ML .....if I remember correctly....talk about a price increase!
--------------------------------------------------------------
HEATWARE.... if you bought from me ... thanks
Deal Addict
Oct 22, 2009
3345 posts
1680 upvotes
Lethbridge
googoo wrote: Frozen cans of juice largely went from 355ml to 295ML .....if I remember correctly....talk about a price increase!

It’s the point as others have discussed. The industry downsizing of 40ml of frozen juice (or any product) isn’t going to change my life, but it is an irritation.
Aug 26, 2010
503 posts
63 upvotes
Toronto
Dustbunny wrote: Just thought I'd pass along something I noticed today. The Kirkland TP has always impressed me having 500 sheets per roll (36 rolls/pkg @$19 normal price). They've always exceeded all the other double rolls out there. Today I noticed they are now 425/roll which is effectively a difference of 15% less (or what amounts to 5.4 rolls less) for the same price. They do have another brand there, slightly smaller in width but 485/roll and their price cards show it to be cheaper/sq/meter.

The Kirkland TP has been at 425 x 36 rolls at 18.99 out in Central Canada here (Ontario) for a few years now. I was eyeing the TP counts/calculations myself today as the Cascade/Enviro is on a mild sale this week in Canada (East).
Deal Fanatic
May 5, 2008
6315 posts
3092 upvotes
Manitoba
Sobeys is notorious for that....Frozen boneless chicken 3kg, ss is 4kg, Many other items

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)