[Costco] KitchenAid 5.7 L (6 qt.) Professional Stand Mixer

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 28th, 2018 8:29 am
[OP]
Jun 8, 2018
6 posts
8 upvotes

[Costco] KitchenAid 5.7 L (6 qt.) Professional Stand Mixer

This deal usually pops up in the first two weeks of December, and just like clockwork, here it is again, though $20 more than years past. Honjai kindly confirmed it is the same price in store. The reviews are very mixed, though they are limited. Hopefully they have ironed out the issues. My cousin has been using his for a few years now and hasn't had any issues and highly recommends it.. Hopefully mine isn't a dud!
Images
  • mixer.PNG
Last edited by rbilodeau86 on Dec 11th, 2018 5:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
31 replies
Deal Addict
Feb 4, 2015
4297 posts
1293 upvotes
Canada, Eh!!
honjai wrote:
Dec 10th, 2018 6:05 pm
Same price in store (Richmond)
Was hoping it would be bit less in stores. Thanks for confirming instore as well.
Dec 3, 2005
529 posts
243 upvotes
S
I think the current price is the lowest since July at Costco, when I was looking for a stand mixer. After reading the reviews on the gear issues and general KA build quality, I went with Ankarsrum.
Aug 8, 2005
665 posts
69 upvotes
Montreal
What about this KitchenAid 4.7 L (5 qt.) Artisan Stand Mixer at costco.ca? 379+taxes - 80$ rebate? comes out to be around 330$ after tax
Artisan Stand Mixer
Dec 3, 2005
529 posts
243 upvotes
S
The review said:
"The Ankarsrum Original Mixer is a favorite of Swedish households. But after viewing about 10 instructional videos, we came to the conclusion that using this thing involves a pretty difficult learning curve. It’s also expensive."

Face With Tears Of Joy
Ankarsrum is indeed expensive, but it's very easy to learn and use. It's quite safe too. Add ingredient any time, without needing to stop the bowl. makes 8 loaves of bread without breaking a sweat. whips egg whites and cream perfectly in no time.
for those who don't mind paying more, don't forget to check out the ankarsrum mixer.
May 12, 2015
71 posts
15 upvotes
Caledonia, ON
MELPOMENE wrote:
Dec 10th, 2018 6:29 pm
I think the current price is the lowest since July at Costco, when I was looking for a stand mixer. After reading the reviews on the gear issues and general KA build quality, I went with Ankarsrum.
Mind me asking where you purchased the Ankarsum? Prices on Amazon are kind of insane atm. $2000+
Dec 3, 2005
529 posts
243 upvotes
S
falcon777 wrote:
Dec 10th, 2018 7:31 pm
Mind me asking where you purchased the Ankarsum? Prices on Amazon are kind of insane atm. $2000+
i got mine with the deluxe package at hometechcanada.ca
cookstore.ca and juicerville.ca also have it for reasonable prices. I got the pasta roller for the ankarsrum mixer from juicerville.
the prices are roughly the same at all canadian retailers and there's usually no sale on this mixer.
Dec 9, 2018
13 posts
88 upvotes
shiny wrote:
Dec 10th, 2018 6:47 pm
What about this KitchenAid 4.7 L (5 qt.) Artisan Stand Mixer at costco.ca? 379+taxes - 80$ rebate? comes out to be around 330$ after tax
Artisan Stand Mixer
I actually bought the Pro 600 a few weeks ago when it was on sale at the Bay and ended up switching it for the Artisan. The Artisan worked out slightly cheaper, but really I changed it because the size was more manageable for me (can fit on my counter), reviews usually tipped in favour of the Artisan, and I will be doing smaller batches and no crazy breads that require the Pro.
Deal Addict
Jul 21, 2005
1318 posts
136 upvotes
Lévis
shiny wrote:
Dec 10th, 2018 6:47 pm
Artisan Stand Mixer
That's what I'm going to give to my GF. The pro 5 at CT was a better deal IMHO but she don't cook much and the real limtation is if you do somehing heavy like bread. If so, go with the pro 5 or the OP one or alike. The artisan is smaller and weight less and is good for casual use.
Pourquoi pas?
Dec 9, 2018
13 posts
88 upvotes
Also, if you want the Artisan it is currently $379 as well at The Bay, if you use the promo code Bonus you can get a further $57 off. Then it is only $322 plus tax, less the $80 rebate.
Mar 14, 2018
104 posts
80 upvotes
mcgella wrote:
Dec 10th, 2018 7:52 pm
I actually bought the Pro 600 a few weeks ago when it was on sale at the Bay and ended up switching it for the Artisan. The Artisan worked out slightly cheaper, but really I changed it because the size was more manageable for me (can fit on my counter), reviews usually tipped in favour of the Artisan, and I will be doing smaller batches and no crazy breads that require the Pro.
I prefer the Artisan as it’s better looking and fits under my hanging cabinet. The tilt-head is easier to handle as well. The pro is good for bigger batches of bread or cookies but can overbeat egg white easily.
Last edited by Shihtzus on Dec 10th, 2018 9:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dec 9, 2018
13 posts
88 upvotes
I am glad to hear that! I think I will prefer having the Artisan as well. I know myself, and if I have to pull the Pro out of the cupboard every time I want to use it, I hardly ever will.
Apr 1, 2017
630 posts
859 upvotes
I like the Kenwood Chef Major. They're more compact (tilt-head) yet has larger capacity (7qt/6.7L) and are way more powerful (800W). They're also all metal and super durable. These Kenwood stand mixers last for decades, the way the Kitchenaids used to.
Blowing all savings from RFD on deals from RFD 😂