Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Costco

KitchenAid 5.7 L (6 qt.) Professional Stand Mixer

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 28th, 2018 8:29 am
May 10, 2013
929 posts
315 upvotes
Need opinion. Planning on buying one for my wife as birthday present. She does occasional baking like cakes and banana bread(love it) maybe 2-3 times a month.

I don't know if this KA 5.7L(6 qt) would be good for her OR the one in Bestbuy for $269 KitchenAid Custom Stand Mixer - 4.5Qt - 325-Watt. So $319 vs $269 is the question and if it's worth it?

TIA!
Jun 8, 2018
6 posts
8 upvotes
frosted wrote: I see what you did there :)
I honestly wish I could say "I was hoping someone would see it", but it was just a happy coincidence. You actually made me laugh out loud though, so thank you! Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Tightly-closed Eyes
Dec 3, 2005
916 posts
1072 upvotes
S
Rsnav09 wrote: Need opinion. Planning on buying one for my wife as birthday present. She does occasional baking like cakes and banana bread(love it) maybe 2-3 times a month.

I don't know if this KA 5.7L(6 qt) would be good for her OR the one in Bestbuy for $269 KitchenAid Custom Stand Mixer - 4.5Qt - 325-Watt. So $319 vs $269 is the question and if it's worth it?

TIA!
she probably doesn't need a stand mixer. costco's 6qt would be a better deal overall.
Deal Addict
Jun 9, 2011
1810 posts
1450 upvotes
Toronto
i read it from somewhere that the costco's version of 6qt is built a little different compared to the pro 600. the stainless steel bowl is slightly different in Weight and thickness of material.

Correct if i'm wrong please.....

my wife recently upgraded from her old KA artisan to the pro 600 from the Bay $399 + $100off KA Rebate.

edit: found the review!
P.S. remember to wash the new bowl and attachments w/ baking soda paste! don't depend on the dish detergent only! you won't be able to get the polish off with j/ dish detergent!
Images
  • Capture.PNG
  • 6ab8d29b-5ae9-4d74-a83a-88e6adcb624a.jpg
Deal Addict
Jul 15, 2003
3566 posts
1038 upvotes
Ontario, Canada
Costco has sold many different versions of a kitchenaid lift bowl mixer over the years apparently. And i'm unsure if they just carry over the old reviews to the new model because it's still the "kitchenaid mixer" on their site.

This guy apparently questioned kitchenaid and received responses that the KP26M9XCxx (this is currently what costco.ca is selling) is internally identical in all ways to the KP26M1Xxx line except for having a slightly higher wattage motor. The only question left unanswered seems to be if this slightly higher wattage motor is also maybe less reliable in the long run?

https://www.reddit.com/r/Costco/comment ... _question/

I got the costco one last night. Part of me wants to order the KP26M1Xxx from amazon.ca just to see how identical the bowl is. But i hate dealing with returns.

Damn. ontario is 13% tax.
Costo is $319 + tax = $360
amazon.ca is $415 + tax = $468. -12% ebates ($50). -100 Mail in rebate from kitchenaid.ca. Final cost $320

Is the costco return/warranty worth the extra $40?
Aug 21, 2013
301 posts
312 upvotes
Kitchener
Mtnviewer wrote: Wirecutter Review of Stand Mixers to help make up one's mind.
This is a pretty bad buyers guide, it seems to assume that KitchenAid are the only company making a stand mixer, neither Electrolux or Bosch are mentioned, my research showed that both make far superior mixers KitchenAid (sure they dont have that classic look.) The kitchenaids will work fine for most people but they are designed with "sacrificial" gears that strip to protect the motor rather than just protecting the motor electronically. This is only really relevant if you're making large batches of bread (or other things with similar consistencies) but dont make the mistake of assuming that because your mixer has a really large bowl that it's capable of mixing something really big and heavy.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 3, 2018
6413 posts
7003 upvotes
GTA
Kevinck wrote: Costco has sold many different versions of a kitchenaid lift bowl mixer over the years apparently. And i'm unsure if they just carry over the old reviews to the new model because it's still the "kitchenaid mixer" on their site.

This guy apparently questioned kitchenaid and received responses that the KP26M9XCxx (this is currently what costco.ca is selling) is internally identical in all ways to the KP26M1Xxx line except for having a slightly higher wattage motor. The only question left unanswered seems to be if this slightly higher wattage motor is also maybe less reliable in the long run?

https://www.reddit.com/r/Costco/comment ... _question/

I got the costco one last night. Part of me wants to order the KP26M1Xxx from amazon.ca just to see how identical the bowl is. But i hate dealing with returns.

Damn. ontario is 13% tax.
Costo is $319 + tax = $360
amazon.ca is $415 + tax = $468. -12% ebates ($50). -100 Mail in rebate from kitchenaid.ca. Final cost $320

Is the costco return/warranty worth the extra $40?
Fyi, a Costco Membership is required to purchase this particular Mixer.

If you are a Costco member, it's definitely worth it, if you need to return in the next little while :)

And don't forget to add Promo Code if you collect Aeroplan miles:

Promo Code = AEROPLAN
Images
  • Screenshot_20181213-214235.png
Deal Fanatic
Oct 3, 2018
6413 posts
7003 upvotes
GTA
And thank you Newbie OP @rbilodeau86 , I almost missed your Hot Deal as I often get carried away reading Page 1 threads and never make it to Page 2!

Note to self as a RFD Junior Member ... check Page 2 and 3 for other Hot Deals :)

Great 1st thread deal OP!

Hot Tip: this KA Mixer is awesome for making pizza dough :)
Deal Addict
Oct 7, 2011
1289 posts
692 upvotes
Toronto
This is a good strong mixer. It's heavy, and sturdy. A good machine to have.
Oct 23, 2018
10 posts
9 upvotes
I’ve had my KA Pro600 since 2005 (just checked my invoice). Bread and buns 2x a week and never ever had a problem with it.
Feb 6, 2007
193 posts
35 upvotes
299.99 Costco online now until Jan 3

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)